The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

@airjzz i was also taking shots around the national harbor. & i also just purchased the Tamron 17-50mm lens, though, for Nikon. 
Should be here in about 2-3 days.back to the photos:

Small world! You in the DMV? I used to own the tamron 17-50 non vc version last year. Great lens very sharp. A lot of similarities to the Sigma version.

^ yezzir. go to school at umd. would you say that you could use the 17-50 Sigma as your primary/everyday lens? im trying to find the closest possible lens to nikon's 17-55mm 2.8 (the one dunks r nice uses) without spending a grand. 

6921657773_a81aef0859_z.jpg

6775537532_62b0cb8e63_z.jpg

6775531370_1dab63386b_z.jpg

6775512938_025608442a_z.jpg

6921628619_c712cd8ea0_z.jpg

6921604991_ffe4f01a88_z.jpg

Honestly as everyday use, I'd say it comes down to personal preference. Personally, for outdoor use I'm looking for something with more focal range because I love candid shots, and 50mm even on a crop body doesnt give me enough range. Because of this my next purchase is probably a 70-200mm. Now indoors, I think this is lens would be perfect for regular use for me, due to its speed, zoom range, and probably lesser need for a greater focal range.

I can't speak on the Nikon version but, the Canon-mount, Sigma 17-50 is debatably on par with and in some cases > than the Canon 17-55 after a lot of research. It's splitting hairs really. I think you said you had the Tamron version of this lens which from what I understand is pretty much the same, just louder and a slower focus, but optically the same.

EL REY JR wrote:

Beautiful pics! Would like to learn photography as a hobby! I am looking into
getting a SLR camera soon, any suggestions? Thanks in
advance!
Depends on your budget, how much you want to spend &
what you normally like to shoot.

I really want to shoot anything that comes to mind, what I would like pointers is a camera that works well for both indoor and outdoor pics. A camera for a starter. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by EL REY JR

Depends on your budget, how much you want to spend &
what you normally like to shoot.
I really want to shoot anything that comes to mind, what I would like pointers is a camera that works well for both indoor and outdoor pics. A camera for a starter. Thanks in advance.

From a canon perspective, can't go wrong with a t2i/t3i with a kit lens. Grab a 50mm /f1.8 for indoor/faster shooting.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

How much post-editing do you guys do? Any tips you can share my way? Or any sites that you guys learned from?
i spend roughly 3 minutes post-editing per photo using Adobe Lightroom. i was already proficient with photoshop so making the switch to lightroom was a breeze. i do pick up tips here and there from froknowsphoto.com
here's the link to his youtube page were he shows how to use Lightroom:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBF1D88BEB79EE160&feature=plcp 

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

How much post-editing do you guys do? Any tips you can share my way? Or any sites that you guys learned from?
i spend roughly 3 minutes post-editing per photo using Adobe Lightroom. i was already proficient with photoshop so making the switch to lightroom was a breeze. i do pick up tips here and there from froknowsphoto.com
here's the link to his youtube page were he shows how to use Lightroom:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBF1D88BEB79EE160&feature=plcp 
good lookin out!
love those brownstones too, btw

another of my fav place

DSC_0859 by norcalballgirl23, on Flickr

My mother in-law is throwing my fiance and I an engagement party tomorrow night.  We would love to have someone chronicle the night.

Anybody in the NY/NJ area that would be able to shoot the event tomorrow, Feb 25th?  It's in Oak ridge, NJ.

I think I'm finally going to break down and purchase my first dslr. My range is about anything under $500, so I was wondering would the canon t1i be a good entry level dslr?

Back
Top Bottom