The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Good looking out Fong.

I'm not sure if I wanna drop 1K on a body, I'll probably ease on into it in the future, but as of right now - I think an entry level will suffice.

Fong - That new Canon EOS M might be my new point & shoot/mini dslr for shows that dont allow dslrs. Its like a back up. Been looking into it. As for the shot with the people on the swings, it was shot with a 50mm. I was a bit close. I was going to crop it but I'm pretty sure you know by now, I take a bunch of photos each day. A lot goes through simple edits and i dont worry about it as much. 

Recent stuff.

More on my blog;
www.dunksrnice.net

Fong - That new Canon EOS M might be my new point & shoot/mini dslr for shows that dont allow dslrs. Its like a back up. Been looking into it. As for the shot with the people on the swings, it was shot with a 50mm. I was a bit close. I was going to crop it but I'm pretty sure you know by now, I take a bunch of photos each day. A lot goes through simple edits and i dont worry about it as much. 

More on my blog;
www.dunksrnice.net
ive always wondered how can i get the lights like that?

Some pics of humming birds i took.

infamous-mg - Great shots, what lens did you use? Going to take a random guess and say 70-200? The first would be good if you crop the other bird in the background and just show the bird and flower, but thats me.

From today;

More on my blog;
www.dunksrnice.net

infamous-mg - Great shots, what lens did you use? Going to take a random guess and say 70-200? The first would be good if you crop the other bird in the background and just show the bird and flower, but thats me.
Thanks bro, i was actually shooting with my 85mm 1.2,

the first one is actually a crop of this picture,

heres one more

My GF got me some photography classes (I have a Nikon3100), I hope I'll be able to take some pics like you guys soon. Dope pics.
smokin.gif
If you haven't already, soon you will be told to get something(s) other than the kit lenses. Nikon has a great 50mm F/1.8, and i think a 35mm F/2 and F/1.8.

You could easily skip the class and see the quality of your pictures increase, also you want to step away from Automatic settings on the camera. The classes will teach you the basics, but the creativity, content, and composition of your images will expand over time.

Anyone messin with new Canon 5d Mark iii ?

If so, how do you like it?

I'm on the brink of upgrading from a cropped sensor body (60d, still love and plan to use it as a secondary).

Thanks in advance.

Anyone messin with new Canon 5d Mark iii ?

If so, how do you like it?

I'm on the brink of upgrading from a cropped sensor body (60d, still love and plan to use it as a secondary).

Thanks in advance.

The 5D3 is an amazing body. It's just about everything you could possibly want from a body. >D

Main differences between a Mark 3 and Mark 2, are the great autofocus, and better high iso.
If those are two things you don't need, get the cheaper 5D2 + quality lenses.

Roller of my buddy Connor's whip.
rmtu68.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't already, soon you will be told to get something(s) other than the kit lenses. Nikon has a great 50mm F/1.8, and i think a 35mm F/2 and F/1.8.

You could easily skip the class and see the quality of your pictures increase, also you want to step away from Automatic settings on the camera. The classes will teach you the basics, but the creativity, content, and composition of your images will expand over time.

Thanks for the info. I'm just a complete total novice with photography, so I figured a few lessons will put me on the right track. I've had few people tell me "You gotta just try it out and play with it." And like you said, stay away from the Auto settings.

Back
Top Bottom