The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Thanks for the help guys, but I ended up getting the Sony RX100. Can't wait to get it! Damn Steezy after seeing the damage my $650 camera doesn't seem too bad anymore. :wow: That rationalization defense mechanism.

BTW are those flexible tripods decent?

Last edited:
Yo ksteezy, I remember you posting what kind of backdrop you had, the one that carries multiple ones. What brand is it again, if you don't mind me asking?

Need some help fellas ... I want to get into photography i don't anything. There's a deal on groupon for a Pentax Q for $200. Looks good but don't want to get ripped off. Is it a good starter cam? Any help would e appreciated.

Get a DSLR.

It'll be more then 2 bills but the difference will be worth it.

Look around for bundle packages with starter cameras.

Nice! Where was this taken?

Legion Of Honor in SF.

Some of my best photos of the year. More here: http://fongstarr.com/2012/12/30/the-year-end-review-2012-photo-edition/

capital-punishment-2.jpg
science-5.jpg
science-11.jpg
green-day-12.jpg
off-the-grid-27.jpg
hood-17.jpg
omit-6.jpg
camp-lo-25.jpg
i-gotcha-back-5.jpg

Just looked through a couple pages and seen some very nice shots. Very influencing. I'm fairly new to the photography world. I purchased a Canon Rebel T3 before deployment, thought it would be the perfect time to learn and practice with the abnormal scenery. Here's a couple shots Ive taken out here.

Also that 24mm L is nice as hell. But the price tag on it..
sick.gif

Any other cheaper lenses I can buy will look remotely close to those pics?

Last edited:
Just looked through a couple pages and seen some very nice shots. Very influencing. I'm fairly new to the photography world. I purchased a Canon Rebel T3 before deployment, thought it would be the perfect time to learn and practice with the abnormal scenery. Here's a couple shots Ive taken out here.

sick.gif

The last picture would've been better if the legs of your comrade weren't cut out of the frame.

The motion blur in the blades looks cool. I think it would look great as a black and white.

Keep shooting bro!
happy.gif

^^In your opinion... Thats what so great about Photography. You can look at things from someone else's perspective. I looked up lomography, looks interesting. I havent really got into film cameras, but would love to try one out. Im just not a fan of constantly having to buy film just to shoot.

Oh yeah, I joined the NT Flickr Group.. Thanks for making it Loco. Gonna start looking for "Fresh" pics :D

Last edited:

sick.gif

Man I always caught flack for trying to take pictures on the flight line 
laugh.gif

Man I always caught flack for trying to take pictures on the flight line 
laugh.gif
Haha, I had to take it quick as hell while I was walking to the chopper. Could of gotten a better shot if I was standing still.

I'm torn right now, I don't know what new lens to buy. I need one thats good for indoors (clubs/bars) and also outdoors. Is the 50mm 1.8 a good option for that?

Last edited:
I definitely need to learn more about Aperture and Exposure time, looking at pictures on PixelPeeper is helping me out a bit though. I can def tell not knowing much about them 2 took effect on the photos I took here. Learning the hard way I guess..
laugh.gif

I bought a sb-910 and have been using it on camera but i just cant get the hang of it. Can somebody elaborate on using an on camera speedlight to get the right exposures? I was taking pictures last night and the subjects were bright and the background dark. I was bouncing the flash off of the ceiling. Maybe I was too close to my subject...

Back
Top Bottom