The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I think that should fill out the holy trinity for what I need. 24mm for wide, Nifty-Fifty for standard and 85mm for zoom.

I find this interesting because I'm shooting with a D5100 and know that I want to upgrade to a full frame once I start to see business. My last two lens purchases were the 50mm 1.8 and 85mm 1.8 because they were both full frame primes. I found myself debating on what I should replace my 35mm 1.8 with once I go full frame because that lens is a DX lens. I find myself enjoying my primes more than the kit lens and 55-200 that I have because the sharpness and DOF can't be touched.

A "few" photographs that I took yesterday and this morning. And yeah, I did OD last night. I wasn't busy as usual, so I thought it'd be a good idea to get some stuff up all at once. Majority of those photos are old, but have never been posted in this thread under my old account. Again, my fault for flooding. It won't happen again. I promise
wink.gif
And I'm sorry that you dislike my "watermark", even though it's not necessarily a "watermark". Also, I'm not a "professional" like most of you are. I just enjoy taking photographs. Have a great day, people. Bless.
happy.gif

tumblr_mnxu3ovtOE1rea8mko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxtn0AH8P1rea8mko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxt6htUX01rea8mko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxsgdLmCk1rea8mko1_1280.jpg

I find this interesting because I'm shooting with a D5100 and know that I want to upgrade to a full frame once I start to see business. My last two lens purchases were the 50mm 1.8 and 85mm 1.8 because they were both full frame primes. I found myself debating on what I should replace my 35mm 1.8 with once I go full frame because that lens is a DX lens. I find myself enjoying my primes more than the kit lens and 55-200 that I have because the sharpness and DOF can't be touched.

I haven't messed with a ton of zooms but when I rented the 24-70mm 2.8, I honestly hated it. It's fine for day shots or stuff with flash but I was shooting a jiu-jitsu event indoors and it was just the worst. As they say (or maybe not), once you go prime, you never go back. It's just tough adjustment for me since I am so spoiled with a fast lens. Plus like you said, the DOF is just that much better and who doesn't like that melting bokeh anyways. The only real downside is the cost but if you can do it, I'd recommend just stacking on a bunch of primes.

If Canon ever makes a 14-14mm like Nikon though, I'd let that be my go to lens over anything else.

I haven't messed with a ton of zooms but when I rented the 24-70mm 2.8, I honestly hated it. It's fine for day shots or stuff with flash but I was shooting a jiu-jitsu event indoors and it was just the worst. As they say (or maybe not), once you go prime, you never go back. It's just tough adjustment for me since I am so spoiled with a fast lens. Plus like you said, the DOF is just that much better and who doesn't like that melting bokeh anyways. The only real downside is the cost but if you can do it, I'd recommend just stacking on a bunch of primes.

If Canon ever makes a 14-14mm like Nikon though, I'd let that be my go to lens over anything else.

[COLOR=#red]I'm definitely going to have a fixed focal lens in my collection. I want a wide angle one with some good glass.[/COLOR]

I really love this photo. It's slightly reminiscent of one of Philip-Lorca diCorcia's series.
dam im not gonna front if mami lost 15 ibs i would date that. where were u at when u took this pic so i know what time she do her rounds. just try not to capture us in a photo ok

Last edited:
So I'll be the one to ask.

What does H.A.R.E. stand for? Just curious.
To be quite honest, I haven't come up with a meaning for the acronym yet. Seeing that my last name is Jordan, I adopted the name "Hare" a few years ago, and just ran with it. Instead of going by "Hare Jordan", I just go by Hare. So, I've been working on marketing the name with my artwork. Sorry for answering your question with a bunch of other irrelevant stuff, lol. But yeah, no meaning for the acronym yet, but I'm working on it. The best I've come up with so far is "Harmonic Allegiance Remains Eternal". Kind of corny, lol. Back to the drawing board.

Sick lock screen fraij. Seems like a few here have the 24L. Anyone mess with the 35L?
I hear the Sigma 35 is better than the 35L. I have my eye on both, just don't what my next lens will be. Might cop the 70-200 2.8 II since I want to shoot weddings.... price tags :smh:

Back
Top Bottom