The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

[COLOR=#red]Just got Aperture, Final Cut Studio, and Motion %100 free and %100 legal. Dat hookup. I can also get the entire Adobe suite for $400...PS6 Extended alone cost around that much. Found a steal of a discount for online training as well too. Oh yeah Imma be good in a few.[/COLOR]

Enjoy looking at the pictures in this thread for a while now and the past couple pages are the lulz to me right now.

I am just getting into photography a little and was wondering what are some decent lens to get first? For now I just have the basic 18-55 that the camera comes with (T3). I noticed there is a 50mm with a lot of good reviews on Amazon. Would this be a good 2nd lens? I take pics of the normal stuff... people, scenery, vacations and cars from shows for the most part of it matters.

Get a 50mm for sure. One of the best decisions you can make. I have a 50mm f1.4 and I absolutely love it

[COLOR=#red]Just got Aperture, Final Cut Studio, and Motion %100 free and %100 legal. Dat hookup. I can also get the entire Adobe suite for $400...PS6 Extended alone cost around that much. Found a steal of a discount for online training as well too. Oh yeah Imma be good in a few.[/COLOR]

make sure you get your free aperture plugins and lynda.com membership too. and that half off incase bags, their dslr sling is a nice basic bag

I'm going to attend a wedding tomorrow.

Friends hired Ryan Brenizer to shoot the wedding.

Question: Would it be weird if i brought my gear?

depends on your definition of gear, if is just a dslr and a lense, not weird at all, alot of people bring their DSLRs to weddings...why?...beats me...

just be mindful of the photographer, dont try to kidnap the couple for your own photoshoot, dont jump into the middle of the isle during the ceremony, dont get on the dancefloor during the first dance and risk being all up in the photographers pictures, simply put act like everyone else who is snapping pics from their iphones....you are a guest, not a paid hired photog.

bring a camera and one lens, but i find it awkward to carry around a bag of gear at a wedding if you're not the photographer.

Would be cool to observe Ryan in action....heard he looks like an absolute dork...lol...dude is making a fortune off weddings

Been having a t2i since '09, and taking photos every so often... finally decided to pick it up again and the auto-focus on my standard kit lens stops working, anybody have any suggestions or ideas on what the problem might be? 

[COLOR=#red]Lynda.com is the truth! I also got a free copy of Logic Pro so the site will be very useful. Do any of you in here get into the other creative fields like vid and music as well as your photography? [/COLOR]

I've always wanted to get into video, but never really had the time to read and learn. I just focused on photography to tried to learn as much as I could.

I messed around with slideshows and adding music in Apeture 3 though. Lol. That was pretty fun. I spent a lot of time making sure transitions were right and the sequence of photos told the story I wanted tell. Just messing around at the end of the day though.

How in the world did you get Final Cut Pro for free??!? That's a come up!

[COLOR=#red]Lynda.com is the truth! I also got a free copy of Logic Pro so the site will be very useful. Do any of you in here get into the other creative fields like vid and music as well as your photography? [/COLOR]

I used to do music. Photography became my focus but want to get back to music. Logic is my DAW.

I used to do music. Photography became my focus but want to get back to music. Logic is my DAW.

I've always wanted to get into video, but never really had the time to read and learn. I just focused on photography to tried to learn as much as I could.

I messed around with slideshows and adding music in Apeture 3 though. Lol. That was pretty fun. I spent a lot of time making sure transitions were right and the sequence of photos told the story I wanted tell. Just messing around at the end of the day though.

How in the world did you get Final Cut Pro for free??!? That's a come up!

[COLOR=#red]Yeah I figured a few of you all in here were into other creative media endeavors. mikejs, it's a corporate discount...some things we get for free, some things we get a pretty hefty percentage off. Figured I'd take advantage of the offers and expand my abilities.

BTW awesome footbridge perspective bjamez. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
the-mayer-1.jpg
the-mayer-2.jpg
the-mayer-3.jpg

Some eh shots from today at Mayer Hawthrone concert. Was pretty close but a 50mm on a full frame only gets you so close.

Picked up the 6D for the low. also took apart my 50mm and half fixed it (cant focus up close now)
I'm backed up on so many projects im feeling too lazy to edit :/

Picked up the 6D for the low. also took apart my 50mm and half fixed it (cant focus up close now)
I'm backed up on so many projects im feeling too lazy to edit :/

Dat Gundam need to start using my 50mm
One more from the other night. Before and after PP

Think I made have OD'd with the sky...feedback is welcome

After:

Golf  by bjamez20, on Flickr

Before:

Golf  by bjamez20, on Flickr
maybe its my taste but i like what you did with it but im a sucker for a vibrant sky

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom