The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

You guys know people that post your work on social media? I'd be mad at just that unless they are giving you props.

Exactly! Absolutely no regard. Like buying a painting and adding your own brush strokes to it be having it up.

Yep. Like buying a bently and throwing 24's on it

You guys know people that post your work on social media? I'd be mad at just that unless they are giving you props.

I've had people steal my sneaker work on Instagram numerous amounts of times.

just picked up a Nikon D5200, its my first DSLR. Does anyone have any tips or good websites that I can use to learn how to shoot in different lighting/settings? Any information is appreciated.

BTW, some of the shots on the past pages are unbelievable. You guys are great. :nthat:

I use to get this all the time on IG when searching for certain tags. Granted most people tag me in their reposts. This particular rant is about my homie wuo turned my og photos to black/white and added a border, after I put them thru my Lightroom regimen lol. S' all good tho, will address this in the future.

just picked up a Nikon D5200, its my first DSLR. Does anyone have any tips or good websites that I can use to learn how to shoot in different lighting/settings? Any information is appreciated.

BTW, some of the shots on the past pages are unbelievable. You guys are great. :nthat:

I don't consider myself on par with most of the guys in here, but this is how I learned.

http://digital-photography-school.com/learning-exposure-in-digital-photography/

I didn't learn from that particular site, but I just got a basic understanding of the "Exposure Triangle" and practiced. I suggest doing the same. At first I shot in either aperture or shutter priority mode (A and S, respectively) to figure out how each affects the shot. Once I was comfortable with manipulating shutter speed and aperture I moved on to full manual (M mode). In my opinion going out and just shooting is the most effective teacher.

Like I said, I consider myself an amateur at best but I'm always down to learn. From my experience the guys in here are really helpful so if you have any questions just ask.

My first trip to Paris I took 600 shots with a t3i/kit lens on auto. Safe to say my images were flat as hell and could've easily come from a p&s. That was 2010 and I don't think I ever used anything other than manual since then.

I agree. I'd just use manual from the start as well. I had a Rebel XTi as my first DSLR and I had it on auto once and then my boy told me to shoot manual. Never looked back since and don't even bother with the other modes.

for what it's worth, i'm definitely not a pro at this, but it all about practice...i think shooting in manual is cool if you don't need to get the image but & it definitely accelerates how quickly you will pick things up to go straight into manual, albeit frustrating with much fumbling of settings & controls...but it also is helpful to use the different modes to your advantage (Aperture priority mode for when you want to isolate depth of field, Shutter priority for isolating movement), there needn't be a hurry to learn everything right away, take your time you'll likely enjoy the process more! (i also recommend looking at your exif data to deconstruct how your camera processes images for a given situation) maybe most importantly, it is helpful to really be in tune with the reason you got/wanted a dslr, if you got it because you wanted better/higher quality images or for an upcoming event/trip; stick that bad boy in auto, the camera will do well for most situations. if the reason is to get into photography may be jumping into manual is the way to go, whichever it is: READ YOUR CAMERA'S MANUAL!!! (once i inadvertently turned on a feature that had me thinking my camera was malfunctioning) it really does help!

Sorry if I sound too strict or sth , but I really feel awkward when people are posting underage kids pics in here....

Dont know if its been discussed in the past , but cmon why post this in a forum with so many people you dont even know...

Nothing against ANYONE , or the last dude that posted , but I think it would be a good idea if it stopped....

Once again sorry if I sound strict or stupid or sth , just sharing my opinion on a GREAT thread .

Need alittle help, whats a good tripod for under $70? Only had mine for a few weeks and it was a piece of trash, easily broke.

Sorry if I sound too strict or sth , but I really feel awkward when people are posting underage kids pics in here....

Dont know if its been discussed in the past , but cmon why post this in a forum with so many people you dont even know...

Nothing against ANYONE , or the last dude that posted , but I think it would be a good idea if it stopped....

Once again sorry if I sound strict or stupid or sth , just sharing my opinion on a GREAT thread .

I don't get this at all. Are you saying cause someone is going to look at it in a "bad" way? Obviously perversion is in the eye of person looking at it but I would really want to think that no one on this forum thinks this way. From my many years on here and contributing in this thread, I have never thought it was unsafe to post a kid pic on here. Maybe a nude photo but a pic of some guy's niece smiling, it seems pretty acceptable imo.

I feel it's awkward that you feel like that. Do you feel the same when people post their kids on IG or Facebook?

Back
Top Bottom