The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

OMG I've been MIA. With work x school, it's been hectic. Plus I just bought a new car so that's where my extra lens money is going :lol:

I'm going to try to get some shots of my car off before I leave for Vegas on Friday. Happy shooting all!

What car did you get? :nerd:

As much as I love the quality of the 50mm 1.8 I feel more comfortable with a kit lens because of the versatility.

I went to the Willis Tower's Sky Deck and could not get a great shot at all. It was a Monday afternoon and it was crowded as if it were a Saturday night. Everyone wanted that money shot. And the windows were spotty. :smh:

Sunset in Willis Tower by 305Flash, on Flickr

6PM in Chicago by 305Flash, on Flickr

Water Tower by 305Flash, on Flickr

Chicago River by 305Flash, on Flickr

United Center by 305Flash, on Flickr

Lines by 305Flash, on Flickr

As much as I love the quality of the 50mm 1.8 I feel more comfortable with a kit lens because of the versatility.

I went to the Willis Tower's Sky Deck and could not get a great shot at all. It was a Monday afternoon and it was crowded as if it were a Saturday night. Everyone wanted that money shot. And the windows were spotty. :smh:

Sunset in Willis Tower by 305Flash, on Flickr

6PM in Chicago by 305Flash, on Flickr

Water Tower by 305Flash, on Flickr

Chicago River by 305Flash, on Flickr

United Center by 305Flash, on Flickr

Lines by 305Flash, on Flickr

LOVE THESE SHOTS OF MY CITY!!!! REPPED

Last edited:
Pardon the laziness, but is there anywhere I can get VSCO-like Lightroom presets for free? Right now I just use my phone if I want that VSCO look, but that's getting a bit cumbersome. 

A few shots from my ride today. 

Last edited:
Shots from yesterday at Boo at the Zoo

Didn't shoot in RAW like I should have tho smh

Is $130 a good deal for a t1i with broken flash and 18-55 lens? Looking for starter. My second option will be a t5i body off amazon, what do guys think?

Is $130 a good deal for a t1i with broken flash and 18-55 lens? Looking for starter. My second option will be a t5i body off amazon, what do guys think?
Honestly you could do better. If $130 is your max budget I would save a little longer.

Black Friday is coming. Deals are out there for a t3i kit. Save up a little and you'll have a better camera.

Honestly you could do better. If $130 is your max budget I would save a little longer.

I can spend some more, just wondering if 130 is worth it for a t1i vs how ever much a t3i is going for.

Black Friday is coming. Deals are out there for a t3i kit. Save up a little and you'll have a better camera.

Oh right totally forgot about black friday. Whats a good deal on a t3i kit?

-Thanks for the advice.

Kits are around $550 new. Go refurb and BH Photo has them for $500. Black Friday deals should be in the mid to low $400's. Go Craigslist and negotiate and the possibilities are endless.

Yeah...I'd hold up on buying till Black Friday. You might get some steals or something where it is bundled with maybe a lens or even a bag or whatever.

Going to Jamaica at the end of this week. Hope to come back with some gems. Anyone ever been? Just staying in Montego Bay and Negril.

Been to both, I didnt stay in 'Tourist prison' which people are safe to do whatever.

When I did go out with my dslr, to get street snaps I was told by a random Jamaican to watch where I take my camera.

I would stick with something low key. Also lock it up in the room or have it on you at all times (anything of value really), because it will get swiped by cleaning people. I like to believe everyone has good intentions, but with the situation in JA you never know.

Its a lovely place and some of the most genuine people ever. My dad ex wofe is from there so ive been all over.

I never let cleaning people clean my room at hotels. I checked out once and realized I forgot my Olympic 1s, I went back 15 mins later and cleaning ladies who came in immediately after me said they didn't see any shoes. Haven't let a cleaning person on my room since.

Been to both, I didnt stay in 'Tourist prison' which people are safe to do whatever.

When I did go out with my dslr, to get street snaps I was told by a random Jamaican to watch where I take my camera.

I would stick with something low key. Also lock it up in the room or have it on you at all times (anything of value really), because it will get swiped by cleaning people. I like to believe everyone has good intentions, but with the situation in JA you never know.

Its a lovely place and some of the most genuine people ever. My dad ex wofe is from there so ive been all over.

Haha......tourist prison. Going to have to tell my girl that. She's one of those broads that want's to travel the world but only be in one nice spot. I wanted to got to Kingston at least but she just wasn't up to it. I mean I live in SF where it ain't that good and I can't imagine I can't take care of myself in Jamaica. But seeing I am staying in the tourist trap, most of my photos will just be beaches and what not and I hate taking pics of beaches because unless there is a sunrise or set, they look pretty boring.

And good to note on the cleaning people. I am going to have my camera with me at all time anyways but don't want my clothes messed with.

Back
Top Bottom