The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

You mean the opposite, right?
laugh.gif
 yeah

Found another IG spot in SF. So odd how it took so long to find this spot when it was practically in all areas I go to.

the-set-1.png
the-set-2.png

One more. Actually used an gradient ND filter on this. Got a cheap one from B&H and found out that the damn holder is shown in view in the photo. Had to crop it out but sucks how it will always be in frame. Might have to bite the bullet and get another one.

sutro-nd-1a.png

Last edited:

fuji xf56mm by bjamez20, on Flickr

Had a GAS attack and ended up with this. Have to take a break from buying gear for a while now :lol:

Finally had a chance to put it through its paces today. Will post some shots later when I finish editing.

Decisions decisions... Found a Nikon 105mm micro for 500 on craigslist and a Sony 50mm e-mount for 195. Never bought a used lens before. The Nikon would be nice but seems to be an earlier released copy because the boxing is not the current boxing. I just don't know which one I want more haha.

Beautiful shots of the sky up there! I really like the last one. And that noble M400 shot. :smokin

I need to get the hang of the clone stamp tool, making the spots that I'm using it on look like doo doo

Gallardo by Mayank4585, on Flickr

Mad this is not in focus. :frown:

Last edited:
When up to San Francisco last week for a family party and had a chance to do a little night shooting. We only had a few hours to spare and lots of spots we wanted to hit up so it was really rushed...could've spent at least 1-2 hours at each spot, just taking my time. SF is an amazing city to shoot!

Unfortunately, no post. All sotc

Went ahead and checked out that 105mm macro. Ended up buying it. I swear the guy never even took it out the box. The mount on the back definitely looks like it was attached to a camera only a few times. The thing is beyond mint. Couldnt pass on it.

Current setup...

Nikon D810
28mm f 1.8
50mm f 1.8
85mm f 1.8
105mm f 2.8 Micro

Sony a6000 w/ 16-50mm kit

So I was involved in this photo project, and 6 of my photos ended up being used in this photo exhibit. A guy ended up contacting be about buying a portrait I took, but I'm not exactly sure how to price it. It's a 24" x 36" portrait. I'm pretty new to this stuff, but what do prints this size usually go for approximately?

Originally, the photos weren't for sale, but he ended up getting my number and I'm really just flattered at this point. I'm super excited to have the opportunity at making my first tangible dollars for my art. It cost 30$ to print, didn't take me too much time with the model, less than 20 shots, but about an hour and a half editing in PS/LR. A lot of people did tell me that that was their favorite photo in the exhibit though.

Is around $100 fair? Too little? Too much? We're all students if it matters, and I'm already assuming he'll try to beat me down on the price.

Any insight would definitely be appreciated.

No advice on pricing, but wanted to say congrats on getting in an exhibit and getting a buyer.

Ive been lagging behind in posting stuff, but I have a few pics to share. I have a dilemma.

Right now, i been alternating between a T5i and an SL1 (same thing smaller package, but at $310 from Abes of Maine I couldn't pass it up). I am far from a pro as I recently just got into this seriously a few months back.

I am looking into picking up a 3rd crop-sensor Canon camera.....my ceiling is $1500. I've poured over reviews and can't decide between the 7D, 70D, & 60D. All I am interested in is image quality and good ISO performance. Not interested in bells/whistles (GPS/Wi-fi/etc).....I am strictly all about still image quality. I basically shoot landscapes, street scenes, some portraits....If anyone could offer suggestions? I wish I had the time to go to a B&H and test out myself but can't due to work obligations.

Any feedback about the 3 mentioned cameras would be greatly appreciated.

Also, as far as a camera bag. Anything that could hold 2 DSLR bodies, at least 5 lenses and tripod.....point me in the right direction, it would once again be greatly appreciated.

So I was involved in this photo project, and 6 of my photos ended up being used in this photo exhibit. A guy ended up contacting be about buying a portrait I took, but I'm not exactly sure how to price it. It's a 24" x 36" portrait. I'm pretty new to this stuff, but what do prints this size usually go for approximately?

Originally, the photos weren't for sale, but he ended up getting my number and I'm really just flattered at this point. I'm super excited to have the opportunity at making my first tangible dollars for my art. It cost 30$ to print, didn't take me too much time with the model, less than 20 shots, but about an hour and a half editing in PS/LR. A lot of people did tell me that that was their favorite photo in the exhibit though.

Is around $100 fair? Too little? Too much? We're all students if it matters, and I'm already assuming he'll try to beat me down on the price.

Any insight would definitely be appreciated.

$80-$100 sounds good. You did pay $30 to print, so at least $50 after cost sounds good.

Ive been lagging behind in posting stuff, but I have a few pics to share. I have a dilemma.

Right now, i been alternating between a T5i and an SL1 (same thing smaller package, but at $310 from Abes of Maine I couldn't pass it up). I am far from a pro as I recently just got into this seriously a few months back.

I am looking into picking up a 3rd crop-sensor Canon camera.....my ceiling is $1500. I've poured over reviews and can't decide between the 7D, 70D, & 60D. All I am interested in is image quality and good ISO performance. Not interested in bells/whistles (GPS/Wi-fi/etc).....I am strictly all about still image quality. I basically shoot landscapes, street scenes, some portraits....If anyone could offer suggestions? I wish I had the time to go to a B&H and test out myself but can't due to work obligations.

Any feedback about the 3 mentioned cameras would be greatly appreciated.

Also, as far as a camera bag. Anything that could hold 2 DSLR bodies, at least 5 lenses and tripod.....point me in the right direction, it would once again be greatly appreciated.

With your budget, why not go full frame?

Back
Top Bottom