The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

given the circumstances, an international trip, prolly won't take all the gear along on any given day...you know how saying goes, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it, especially if your going to be on the other side of the globe!

S/o to all the NTrs making money off photography or as a side income.

I have no plan for that I did a lot of research an I think I'm gonna get a Canon PowerShot G9 X

If anyone has better reccomendation for P&S let me know. I really appreciate it.

Did you read this article or something? http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-point-and-shoot-under-500/

I would say the Sony RX series as well but if portability is an issue, the Canon might be the clear winner. If you don't care about size and want a mini DSLR, than get the Sony A6000. You can get them at Best Buy now for a little over $500:

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...&ei=64HDVpCNNc3GjwOu9KaQAQ&lsft=ref:212,loc:1

At least you can swap some lenses with it and get like a cheap Rokinon wide angle.

Did you read this article or something? http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-point-and-shoot-under-500/

I would say the Sony RX series as well but if portability is an issue, the Canon might be the clear winner. If you don't care about size and want a mini DSLR, than get the Sony A6000. You can get them at Best Buy now for a little over $500:

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...&ei=64HDVpCNNc3GjwOu9KaQAQ&lsft=ref:212,loc:1

At least you can swap some lenses with it and get like a cheap Rokinon wide angle.

LMFAO i did come across that but i was looking around before that

thats why i entered this thread for you guys who know these things #NT

thank you

Last edited:

LMFAO i did come across that but i was looking around before that

thats why i entered this thread for you guys who know these things #NT

thank you

If theres any possibility at all that you'd ever want to take a different type of pic than what the power shot can take, i highly recommend copping a sony a6000.

Instantly opens you up to a huge range of lens options 2-3+ years down the road.

Versus dropping $500 on something that has zero expandability.

If theres any possibility at all that you'd ever want to take a different type of pic than what the power shot can take, i highly recommend copping a sony a6000.

Instantly opens you up to a huge range of lens options 2-3+ years down the road.

Versus dropping $500 on something that has zero expandability.

thank you djyoung08 djyoung08 Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

Last edited:
I've haven't shot photos in the past month. Been really unmotivated.

Any Bay Area shooter know the ins and outs to getting to shoot at Loews Hotel with this view? I work pretty close to there and have never shot there. I am sort of want to try to go up but want to know what I am getting myself into.

virginia-duran-blog-10-sites-to-take-the-best-skyline-pictures-in-san-francisco-mandarin-oriental-at-dusk.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for good, decently priced zoom lens attachment for the iphone 6? I know about Olloclips but was wondering if there's anything else.

I've haven't shot photos in the past month. Been really unmotivated.

Any Bay Area shooter know the ins and outs to getting to shoot at Loews Hotel with this view? I work pretty close to there and have never shot there. I am sort of want to try to go up but want to know what I am getting myself into.

Is it possible that it is taken from the lobby?  I just read about the hotel and it sounds like the hotel is on the top 10 floors.  If so, just take the elevator up and tell them you are meeting somebody in the lobby.  Scope it out, talk to the staff and such.  If it isn't a hassle to get there, just stop in.  

Anyone have any recommendations for good, decently priced zoom lens attachment for the iphone 6? I know about Olloclips but was wondering if there's anything else.
I was recommended Moment lens. They're expensive at $100 per lense though.

Another attempt at product photography. Can't seem to not make it look like a cartoon. But shot this with gray background, red gel fill, 9 flash photos and took about 3 hours of photoshop. Can't believe it took this long to do and it doesn't look like much. Perhaps a mirror on the bottom would add a nice reflection to it.

cements-1.png

This past week i've been really trying to figure out a way that works for me to increase contrast and pop in an image without making it look "over processed". This is especially difficult for me when doing portraits because color blind (blue / purple, red / green, pink / grey are my worst) :lol:

Previous Edit

New Edit

Previous edit

New Edit

If anyone has some cool techniques w/ Lightroom i'd love to check more out.

Also open to constructive criticism and critiques about the editing as well. Being colorblind, this is my most challenging aspect of photography.

^ I don't like the new edit on the first pictures as it makes the wrinkles below her eyes really show up more prominently. Her left eye (the right eye from the viewers perspective) is much darker also... Almost to the point where it looks like she has a black eye.

I'd open a layer in Photoshop and just reduce the shadows on the face, as the rest of the picture looks ok with the new edit.

^ I don't like the new edit on the first pictures as it makes the wrinkles below her eyes really show up more prominently. Her left eye (the right eye from the viewers perspective) is much darker also... Almost to the point where it looks like she has a black eye.

I'd open a layer in Photoshop and just reduce the shadows on the face, as the rest of the picture looks ok with the new edit.

after i posted on NT and saw the picture "smaller" i noticed that the areas around her eyes were really harshly dark as well. :x :x :x :x :lol:

Thank you for the input!!! :nthat:

Got the OK from my local FD that using smoke bombs/grenade is no problem and doesn't require a permit.

If a client asks for exclusive rights of the photos you take for them, meaning you can post them yourself, do you charge more?

Last edited:
Rolo.....have you ever had your sensor crap out yet? I've only done that on my D90 but I shot like a mad man with that. Lately I have been more gentle with my shooting.

If a client asks for exclusive rights of the photos you take for them, meaning you can post them yourself, do you charge more?
I usually charge a flat rate for my services with a signed contract stating "I own all rights to a certain extent" etc. If they don't let you use their images, it's harder for you as the photographer to gain work for the future. I would explain your purpose.

Back
Top Bottom