The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Any Nikon users interested in a 35mm f/2 D?
wink.gif
Pricing?

Is the fuji film s9750 worth getting for 130? Never used a "real" camera before and kinda wanna get one for my wedding that my fam and guests can use to take candids and then i can learn on later. Noticed it diesnt have manual focus or wifi tho. Deal breakers? Should i spend double that on the canon powershot sx530 hs? Lookin for something clearancey hah

Is the fuji film s9750 worth getting for 130? Never used a "real" camera before and kinda wanna get one for my wedding that my fam and guests can use to take candids and then i can learn on later. Noticed it diesnt have manual focus or wifi tho. Deal breakers? Should i spend double that on the canon powershot sx530 hs? Lookin for something clearancey hah

Hmm. Personally, I would just stay away from those kind of cameras in the first place. I know they're inexpensive, but you can get a better camera for around the same price but it might just be a different format (point & shoot)

What's your budget, $250?

Hmm. Personally, I would just stay away from those kind of cameras in the first place. I know they're inexpensive, but you can get a better camera for around the same price but it might just be a different format (point & shoot)

What's your budget, $250?

My budget is best thing thats cheapp. Lol Id like to not even spend 250. Like i said i plan on it not being in my posession for a large swath of time. So yea not tryna get got for a 500 dollar dslr and i dont like faking the funk so id prefer to jus get something cheap then if i decide im truly interested ill buy a nice camera.

My budget is best thing thats cheapp. Lol Id like to not even spend 250. Like i said i plan on it not being in my posession for a large swath of time. So yea not tryna get got for a 500 dollar dslr and i dont like faking the funk so id prefer to jus get something cheap then if i decide im truly interested ill buy a nice camera.

Not sure if you want used or if you'd want to go through eBay. But as for a beater camera, the potential is there if you want to learn. Then again, you could go with the cameras you mentioned, but from what I've heard from other people, they wish the got something better in the first place.

I'd recommend something like this.
Sony RX100 (first version)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DSC-RX...597220?hash=item3d13d2f424:g:DZIAAOSwxp9W3ww3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DSC-RX...27626e2&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=262325597220

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Cyber-...27626e2&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=262325597220

Not sure if you want used or if you'd want to go through eBay. But as for a beater camera, the potential is there if you want to learn. Then again, you could go with the cameras you mentioned, but from what I've heard from other people, they wish the got something better in the first place.

I'd recommend something like this.
Sony RX100 (first version)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DSC-RX...597220?hash=item3d13d2f424:g:DZIAAOSwxp9W3ww3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DSC-RX...27626e2&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=262325597220

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Cyber-...27626e2&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=262325597220
good lookin out man

Last edited:
Any guys here have some knowledge on Sigma glass? Do you guys recommend it? I've never bought lenses that are not from the body I own (Sony,Nikon) I'm looking into getting the new Art 50mm 1.4 for my a7.

Thanks

To my Sony folk, I just ordered this bad boy:

Zeiss Batis 25mm/F2. Should be here by Friday. Definitely going to be my go to lens for street/landscape.

Can't wait to share the results with you guys. 

Any guys here have some knowledge on Sigma glass? Do you guys recommend it? I've never bought lenses that are not from the body I own (Sony,Nikon) I'm looking into getting the new Art 50mm 1.4 for my a7.

Thanks

Their Art line is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:. Can't go wrong with any of their Art series lenses. Had the 35mm for a bit which was great.

Awesome images in here

Zeiss Batis 25mm/F2. Should be here by Friday. Definitely going to be my go to lens for street/landscape.

You're going to love it.

I've had the Batis 25 for a while and recently picked up the 85. Here a few recent shots using both, with my A7:

Last edited:

Zeiss Batis 25mm/F2. Should be here by Friday. Definitely going to be my go to lens for street/landscape.

I'm still looking for some lenses for my nex 7. Got a few budget minolta lenses and looking at this 18-70 a mount lens on eBay (using the LE-EA1). A lot of the old a mount lenses are going for cheap (except the Carl Zeiss) since Sony isn't really making a mount cameras at the moment

Just picked up the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 for my 550D and really dig this lens. For under $300 new (grey market), everyone with a crop DSLR should get it, and this is coming from someone who prefers primes.

Also the Art lenses for Nex are great lenses for the money. Need to get the 60mm prime to complete my trilogy.

Just picked up the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 for my 550D and really dig this lens. For under $300 new (grey market), everyone with a crop DSLR should get it, and this is coming from someone who prefers primes.

Also the Art lenses for Nex are great lenses for the money. Need to get the 60mm prime to complete my trilogy.

I had tamron's 17-50 2.8 for my crop nikon and i really enjoyed it

So many lens pickups the last couple pages. :pimp: repped all of y'all these last couple pages also, some great work in here.

Thanks

as mentioned the sigma art series in particular is excellent, and in general sigma glass is good, i think the knock on them used be be good glass but cheap construction, not sure that is the case still...sigma will also be releasing an e-mount adapter, it only works for sigma (canon & sigma mounts - no nikon) lenses but it will supposedly have allow all native functions unlike other adapters:

congrats! those batis joints are supposed to be beastly, both in image quality and size, did you consider the zeiss loxia 21mm f2.8?

You will love it. I rented it for a wedding and shot the entire reception with it. I have the 85 and that thing doesn't come off my A7ii

Back
Top Bottom