The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Grey Market vs Local gear....whats the major difference?

By local, do you mean US?

Grey market/import does not come with any warranty whatsoever. Sometimes, companies don't even cover imported/grey market repairs even if you pay for them.

It's basically like unauthorized sneakers.

Grey market/import does not come with any warranty whatsoever. Sometimes, companies don't even cover imported/grey market repairs even if you pay for them.

Yea I meant US my bad.
And I mean as far as repairs go I'm sure someone can fix them but maybe not Nikon, Canon, Sony etc

Yea I meant US my bad.
And I mean as far as repairs go I'm sure someone can fix them but maybe not Nikon, Canon, Sony etc

basically this, #doyagoogles to get a more detailed explanation; grey market stuff is official/legit product but because they are is typically sold/used out of the region it is registered to it doesn't get covered by the warranty outside its region, if it's country of origin is known it could theoretically be covered by the warranty there provided proof of purchase from an authorized seller...

as for repairs, it depends on the scale & scope of the repair(s), there are camera repair shops that are authorized by camera companies to do repairs, as well as repair shops that are unaffiliated/not officially certified by manufacturers to do repairs...

Thanks tokes99 tokes99 I'll look into that.
I wonder since I can't get a warranty, can I get insurance for it through my insurance company

Last edited:
Was walking downtown tonight and saw the camera in the mirror. Decided to buy it - no idea if it works yet but we will see.

Minolta X-370

^^^^Holy smoke bro. Was it even packed out there? I wonder if it is like off season and worth the drive up for the weekend. The stars on the 2nd pick look great. 30 second exposures? Good stuff.

Wasn't crowded at all, but when I was leaving this morning there was a long *** line of cars waiting to get into the park. For the night shot at Glacier Point I was the only person out there. For the night shots from the valley floor, a few cars drove by but that was it. 30 second exposures at f2, ISO 6400, 18mm eq. focal length. Going to spend a little more time editing them and see what I can pull out.

^^^
Nice shot Fong! I need to get back out to Twin Peaks. When I was out there, the right side of the road was closed :frown:

Snuck out to Yosemite this week. First time trying out astrophotography. Spooky as hell being out in the park in the pitch black solo.

More on my flickr

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES

I need to try and make it out to Yosemite in the winter during my break.

Last edited:
^^^
Nice shot Fong! I need to get back out to Twin Peaks. When I was out there, the right side of the road was closed :frown:

Snuck out to Yosemite this week. First time trying out astrophotography. Spooky as hell being out in the park in the pitch black solo.

definitely this! great photos!!

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES

I need to try and make it out to Yosemite in the winter during my break.
^^What he said, shots are
smokin.gif
definitely this! great photos!!
good gawd @bjamez20 those pics are filthy. nicely done
bjamez20 digging the last one, awesome light !
Thanks 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Must be nice to be able to drive to Yosemite anytime you want.
Definitely - one of my favorite things about the Bay Area is being a (relatively) short drive away from all of these amazing spots. 

Last edited:
^ I have added insurance to my home owners policy that covers my camera equipment and it covers accident damage and theft. I have it through auto-owners insurance.

^ I have added insurance to my home owners policy that covers my camera equipment and it covers accident damage and theft. I have it through auto-owners insurance.

Whaaaat forreal? Dang I'm gonna have to check mine out again

^^What he said, shots are :smokin
What are you shooting?

My bad, indoor and outdoor.

Portraits and landscape.

Now im lookin for a new camera as well, so what cannon lens and camera would you recommend?

Real talk im a rookie on all this lookin to spend around 3 grand total. Can settle for a great cannon learnin the ropes and then progress into a new lens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom