The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

HUGE DAY BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got accepted to be published in a magazine this morning!!!!!!

This was one of my 2017 photography goals.

SO HYPED :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats dude!

^
:pimp:

What was the process like? 

Had the model i worked with sign a release, ID, etc.

Every magazine is a little different in what they ask as far as submissions.

This one had me upload 9 images w/ the release.

2 weeks later

They hit me back up and said they wanted to use the images.

Was surprisingly a really smooth and easy processes.

I was actually considering the 24-70mm but I just can't do it seeing how I have a 24mm prime, and $50mm prime. I might as well just get the 85mm prime and lug all those damn lenses.

I tried the 24-70mm version 1 and hated it but is the version 2 that much better? Is it comparable to a prime lens? Only if Canon made a 24-105mm f/2.8, I'd be all over that.

24-70 v2 is flames.

It was a no brainer for me to cop that lens last year as i was just starting out.

sharp af too :pimp:

Going to join a photowalk in DC today...Don't know what to expect, but I'll be meeting fellow NTer @mjbetch  
laugh.gif

Hopefully I can learn from folks or model for them
laugh.gif

Took this as a throwaway snapshot after a trip last month - just pulled into the side of the road and snapped a few frames. Didn't look anything interesting but with a little editing I got something out of it.

I love this shot. :pimp:
Take a rep.

24-70 v2 is flames.

It was a no brainer for me to cop that lens last year as i was just starting out.

sharp af too :pimp:
i know right :smokin I have the Nikon version and its my go-to lens for traveling and event shooting.

the autofocus is mad quick too

Last edited:
HUGE DAY BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got accepted to be published in a magazine this morning!!!!!!

This was one of my 2017 photography goals.

SO HYPED :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If these are the images I would take them down. Most magazines want to publish images that aren't published nor are up in Social Media or Website.

Happened to me in several publications when members of the team posted images and my entire work was dropped ... That's why i stopped delivering images to the team till after publication.

Finally got a chance to really take shots with my tamron 70-200. Haven't looked through all the shots but here's one that I really love when cropped correctly. Still have some final touches left like get rid of that dudes head.

Alright guys so I posted earlier in this thread looking for advice on a camera under $500 to use for our business. My goal is to make the photos look very professional and clean. Right now I'm using my iPhone 7 and it has a pretty decent camera but I don't feel our photos are at the level I want them to be

Yesterday I bought a canon power shot from brandsmart for $250. Took it home and started playing with it but the digital screen is really grainy and I can't see what the pics actually will look like until I transfer them to my phone. When I do that I find the quality isn't much better than the pics I take with my iphone.

So did I not spend enough? Did I not get the right camera? Can anyone simplify this for me? All the different lenses, etc. confuse me and I just want simple, high quality pics of food of produce for our social media and website.

Here's Some example pics that I want ours to look like (not my pics)
Photo credit: the little chalet

Photo credit: Libby vision

Photo credit : bazaarbyjose

Last edited:
Alright guys so I posted earlier in this thread looking for advice on a camera under $500 to use for our business. My goal is to make the photos look very professional and clean. Right now I'm using my iPhone 7 and it has a pretty decent camera but I don't feel our photos are at the level I want them to be

Yesterday I bought a canon power shot from brandsmart for $250. Took it home and started playing with it but the digital screen is really grainy and I can't see what the pics actually will look like until I transfer them to my phone. When I do that I find the quality isn't much better than the pics I take with my iphone.

So did I not spend enough? Did I not get the right camera? Can anyone simplify this for me? All the different lenses, etc. confuse me and I just want simple, high quality pics of food of produce for our social media and website.

Here's Some example pics that I want ours to look like (not my pics)
Photo credit: the little chalet

Photo credit: Libby vision

Photo credit : bazaarbyjose

Two things ...

1. Lighting

2. Post Production

Do you think I can accomplish this with an iPhone? Sorry I just don't know the first thing about photography and I'm trying to learn

i guess technically something close to those images could be achievable with the proper lighting with a good smartphone, though the post production side would be a whole lot easier to do with a larger sensor camera, the sensor on the camera you bought is probably the same size or maybe slightly bigger than what is in your iphone... cameras can be quite the complicated thing, i'd recommend something like a used rx100 all are much better cameras than what you bought, all in your budget...that said it still will require some good lighting/knowledge to make the images stand out...

Back
Top Bottom