The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

For me, I just don't have the patience to shoot a photo like below. You'd literally have to **** for hours and hours on end just trying to get the different phases of the sun. I am sure there are some triggers and other new things where you don't really have to do much but sit there but still, that is a lot of work to get one mega composited photo. I am sure i am going to regret it when I start seeing stuff on my feed. Haha.

Facebook-art-Clinton-Photography-.jpg

To be honest, I don't have the patience either nor I really care to. I would be happy with a couple of pictures of the ring .. all that extra stuff is not my style. If anything a time lapse would be more appropriate....

If I can remember I'll try it out. Was sittin' here thinking about it and I think I know a good spot to shoot it at in an open area

So anyone going to try and attempt to shoot the solar eclipse? I imagine tons of people are going to try and bracket an instagram type shot with it. Sort of intrigued to see what kind of photos surface after even though I really don't want to shoot it myself.
People in OR are losing their minds over the eclipse since we're right in the path. I'd try to shoot a time lapse of it but traffic and crowds are going to be insane so I'll probably just snap a quick shot from the sidewalk. I have a friend who's camping out for 3 days to keep a good spot...

People in OR are losing their minds over the eclipse since we're right in the path. I'd try to shoot a time lapse of it but traffic and crowds are going to be insane so I'll probably just snap a quick shot from the sidewalk. I have a friend who's camping out for 3 days to keep a good spot...
I saw the traffic reports out there. Looks crazy!

I guess I expect that from up north. It's like landscape heaven up there. I just recently followed a couple of guys from up there and it's all just beautiful mountains, water falls, and skies.

So anyone going to try and attempt to shoot the solar eclipse? I imagine tons of people are going to try and bracket an instagram type shot with it. Sort of intrigued to see what kind of photos surface after even though I really don't want to shoot it myself.

thinking about riding down to see it, since i'm with a few hours of the path of totality, not really prepared to photograph it though...i just want to see it after reading so much about what happens in a complete eclipse...only thing is a lot of places are saying traffic might be crazy. looked on airbnb to see if it makes sense to get there the day before, #cantknockthahussle but folk are taxing even for single rooms...

I ran some errands, picked up a few things (50mm 1.8, and some accessories) Still getting familiar with the Sony system, but enjoying it so far. The next few lenses I'm thinking will be the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm AF, 35mm 2.8....and Sony 85 1.8.
14DFA29F-7E78-486C-8FF0-6F7C64817334.jpeg
7FEF617D-005B-485A-8097-A9FD9853F619.jpeg
1B34E2D4-46C3-430F-AE66-489E209F29DA.jpeg

Finally launched my website, link below... damn did I already post about this on here? I haven't been on here in a minute.
Let me know what you guys think!

www.anthonycasillasphoto.com

EDIT:

Just noticed my sig with a link to my Tumblr (non-existent now) and that Jay quote! :lol:

Gonna take my son out today and scope out some locations for some pics. Teach him a little bit about photography and cameras too

So while in monterey something got stuck in my camera while switching lenses I guess. It's a small object but I have no idea how it got in there. I took out the lens to blow some air into the mirror and that didn't work. it's not in the viewfinder since I cleaned that. Not sure where it is but I probably have to get it cleaned at a camera shop.

Attachments

• IMG_3810_LI.jpg
    IMG_3810_LI.jpg
    956.5 KB · Views: 17
Could be dust in the focusing screen or inside the viewfinder. I have that in one of my DSLRs and since it does not show up in pictures, I just ignore it. Let us know the cost to get it removed if you decide to send it in.

Could be dust in the focusing screen or inside the viewfinder. I have that in one of my DSLRs and since it does not show up in pictures, I just ignore it. Let us know the cost to get it removed if you decide to send it in.

I'm going to get in touch with canon tomorrow and see what the cost would be. It's annoying even though it doesn't show up in pictures lol

Went to a lil amateur wrestling show out here but left my cam at home. Can't wait till the next show so I can get some shots

Also, idk how many will show up for y'all but I recently started going on Eventbrite and findin' free or cheap events Imma hit up for some quick pics. Found a couple of car shows and free entry to a strip club for being a photographer lol

Went to a lil amateur wrestling show out here but left my cam at home. Can't wait till the next show so I can get some shots

Also, idk how many will show up for y'all but I recently started going on Eventbrite and findin' free or cheap events Imma hit up for some quick pics. Found a couple of car shows and free entry to a strip club for being a photographer lol

Entry is free, but the strip club will still prob charge you for drinks with a minimum charge :lol:

bjamez20.......dope! I was at Yosemite yesterday just got a couple of hours. Noticed no drone signs everywhere. You guys better get your drone shots now cause I swear every damn location is going to ban drone recording and/or photography.

^
Yea, drones have been banned at national parks for a while now (not that that stops people..)
Pretty much all of the Bay Area is a no fly zone anyways, and DJI is starting to crack down on how drones operate in those zones. It used to be all you had to do was tick a box and acknowledge that you were accepting the risk, but apparently a recent firmware update makes it so they won't even take off.

Drone shot of Trillium Lake/Mt Hood the other morning. I was trying to get a time lapse of the mist rolling over the water but my battery was about to die...

trillium lake
by bHandy Photos, on Flickr

Got bored with the eclipse today and ended stopping during the first half. Could have left my cam in my backyard on timer but didn't want to chance somebody hoppin' my fence for it

Back
Top Bottom