The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

For those that primarily shoot and post iG, I'm assuming you mostly shoot in portrait orientation?

Only asking because that is what I found myself doing. Haha
I have a bunch of landscape oriented photos that need to get out into the ethos.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr , I feel you on that. I've taken years off and as you can tell by my post count I've never been much of a poster in my tenure here on NT. I see you shoot skate **** up in SF some time. If ever down here in LA we gotta link up and hit couple spots.

For those that primarily shoot and post iG, I'm assuming you mostly shoot in portrait orientation?

I have a bunch of landscape oriented photos that need to get out into the ethos.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr , I feel you on that. I've taken years off and as you can tell by my post count I've never been much of a poster in my tenure here on NT. I see you shoot skate **** up in SF some time. If ever down here in LA we gotta link up and hit couple spots.
The skate thing was a total coincidence. I had this time off work and was able to just go to SF and take a ton of photos of skaters. Now I am back on my work grind and unfortunately can't get out to SF as much as I did. But I just move on to another style of photography that fits my living situation. I think I might get back into product photography but we'll see.

And to answer your question, yes I almost exclusively shoot in portrait now all because of IG. Before I did horizontal and show so I can also crop and show a vertical but I find it just easier shooting in vertical mode. The only downside is printing because there are times where I think horizontal shots look better printed than vertical.

I shoot portrait 99% of the time because of this as the majority of my shots are for IG.

You doing a disservice if you not shooting vertical for IG. Crops are gonna be meh if not.

I need some reccs on a cheap 16mm lens for my a7r III. I recently sold my Sony 16mm f2.8 and now regret it, but want something with a lower f stop.

Glad to see folks poppin in. Looking forward to seeing some photos from everyone soon.

B2B72615-D278-4AB9-A9DC-65FB189849CC.jpeg

^ What part of Cali you in?

Also, for anyone traveling or moving to a new city or hell, even finding new spots in your city.

Spots app is money.
Don’t forget to get out and explore too!

^ What part of Cali you in?

Also, for anyone traveling or moving to a new city or hell, even finding new spots in your city.

Spots app is money.
Don’t forget to get out and explore too!

southern, in the san gabriel valley…been out to dtla a few times and will still take my camera out with me every once in a while but haven’t really felt like shooting or editing the photos

To go along with the Porsche theme, was able to capture this over the weekend at a local meet.

JAY_4865.jpg

Lens and the waist level viewfinder came in
7B742399-41AC-4D9A-AAD3-A8A813C92699.jpeg
B158073B-E040-408C-AA67-D13DDE8349E1.jpeg
91359C46-80F2-43FB-8467-A6AD7D8FF8F4.jpeg
Oh. Very cool. Where did you get the camera?

With this resurgence of film and with mirrorless going the way it is, you can find some killer deals on DSLR stuff now. I went to an estate sale and got a practically new Canon 5D Mark 3 (10K clicks) for $600. I've seen some used ones for that price that are banged up and high shutter count. I am even potentially going to get a used Canon 35mm L lens ver. 1 for under $500 as well. The only thing that sucks is I am sort of staying in old tech and megapixels but I guess it doesn't matter since most are shot for IG anyways.

Oh. Very cool. Where did you get the camera?

With this resurgence of film and with mirrorless going the way it is, you can find some killer deals on DSLR stuff now. I went to an estate sale and got a practically new Canon 5D Mark 3 (10K clicks) for $600. I've seen some used ones for that price that are banged up and high shutter count. I am even potentially going to get a used Canon 35mm L lens ver. 1 for under $500 as well. The only thing that sucks is I am sort of staying in old tech and megapixels but I guess it doesn't matter since most are shot for IG anyways.
Camera body came from keh, i pieced the rest together over ebay and fb market place.

Film prices are rising while its coming back but i dont mind it too much if these companies keep manufacturing film to meet demand. I thought about dabbling in dslr stuff if i can find a decent camera for motorsport stuff ,sometimes i get inpatient for results :lol: .

Im guessing youre a canon guy?

Camera body came from keh, i pieced the rest together over ebay and fb market place.

Film prices are rising while its coming back but i dont mind it too much if these companies keep manufacturing film to meet demand. I thought about dabbling in dslr stuff if i can find a decent camera for motorsport stuff ,sometimes i get inpatient for results :lol: .

Im guessing youre a canon guy?
I mostly shoot with my Canon 5D but more so cause of my 70-200mm which I have been using for most stuff. I do have a Fuji X100V and XT3 for when I want something compact but that is for just my kid and street stuff.

I started to get into the film last year but to be honest, I haven't even completed a roll yet. I got a Leica M6, Canonet and Canon F1 and most of my shots are spread between each camera. The problem as of late I am having is I need to shoot digital cause I have been mostly shooting skating and concerts. Shooting that in film would just be a nightmare and a waste.

I mostly shoot with my Canon 5D but more so cause of my 70-200mm which I have been using for most stuff. I do have a Fuji X100V and XT3 for when I want something compact but that is for just my kid and street stuff.

I started to get into the film last year but to be honest, I haven't even completed a roll yet. I got a Leica M6, Canonet and Canon F1 and most of my shots are spread between each camera. The problem as of late I am having is I need to shoot digital cause I have been mostly shooting skating and concerts. Shooting that in film would just be a nightmare and a waste.
Man you gotta get your moneys worth on that leica, do you enjoy shooting it? Im looking at a fuji rangefinder to get later in the summer but keeping it film still.

I dont think shooting skateboarding on film is a bad idea i shot some racing and drifting events with my nikon n2000 ,might be a bit easier with an autofocus though

Man you gotta get your moneys worth on that leica, do you enjoy shooting it? Im looking at a fuji rangefinder to get later in the summer but keeping it film still.

I dont think shooting skateboarding on film is a bad idea i shot some racing and drifting events with my nikon n2000 ,might be a bit easier with an autofocus though
The Leica throws me off for obvious reasons that it’s a rangefinder and focus is just so different. I am trying to zone focus too but I probably have some out of focus shots from shooting a lot with it. It kind of makes it fun though and sets you back to simpler times.

I do think I am getting to much into finding cameras rather than shooting with them. I might pick up an Olympus Stylus this weekend too at some estate sale cause I feel like they don’t know what they are selling.

The Leica throws me off for obvious reasons that it’s a rangefinder and focus is just so different. I am trying to zone focus too but I probably have some out of focus shots from shooting a lot with it. It kind of makes it fun though and sets you back to simpler times.

I do think I am getting to much into finding cameras rather than shooting with them. I might pick up an Olympus Stylus this weekend too at some estate sale cause I feel like they don’t know what they are selling.
Ah i see, i never picked up a rangefinder before and now that i think about it ive seen several of those leica cameras in antique shops all over the country and never gave em any time of day :smh:.

I went the film route because it was cheaper at the time and i figure i should learn the basics manually which is fun in itself

I found my first camera (nikon fe) in a antique shop for 25 bucks. If it wasnt nikon i didnt want it and i came across minoltas,a canon ae1’s etc.

Can I achieve these looks in lightroom? Anyone know how?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-060223_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-060223_Instagram.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20220222-060353_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-060353_Instagram.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 264
Hmm, try using the gradient filter then adjust the color sliders. Apply the whole filter on the image then tinker with the saturation levels to your liking.

I normally use kelvin as my white balance and judge everything from what I see. You can probably achieve this look by shooting at the warmest kelvin and then saturate your warm colors on post. Shoot RAW as well.

Looking to get into professional photography, primarily weddings. Any recommendations for a starter cam? Was looking at a sony a6100 but they're backordered everywhere. After that the fuji xt30 but the reviews are kinda mixed and would like something a lil more equipped to shoot videos. Help a brotha out

Back
Top Bottom