The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

5403344600_07175a92aa_z.jpg

can somebody hook me up with how much of a difference these two lenses are. besides for the price and 4mm's?

Tamron SP 28-75MM F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

Originally Posted by 165kicks

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Just picked up ordered a Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 DG EX MACRO for my Canon 350D/Rebel XT.

Any opinions on anybody who's had a chance to use this lens.

Can someone give me an opinion please.
That lens is designed for a full-format camera. In my opinion you should have copped the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 instead. Other good lenses for a Canon small sensor camera are Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 or the more expensive but superior Canon 17-55 f/2.8 USM IS

I know it's not the best quality, but I already have the 18-55mm kit lens, granted it's f3.5-5.6. IMO I think it takes good pictures anyway. I chose the 24-70mm, because my cousin purchased the 24-70L for his 7D(APS-C as well). I took a few shots with it and liked the slightly longer range since the range is more like 38-112mm. Now I know the Sigma isn't an L lens but from reviews I've read they're very close in performance.

Hopefully down the line when I dump the kit lens I'll go for the 17-50mm higher end lenses.

EDIT: Just picked up the lens from the Post Office and tried it on my Rebel XT and my Canon EOS 650(35mm film), and as you said the crop factor is a difference but it still looks mighty fine on the XT.

I was surprised the lens worked seamlessly on the 650, as I've always read that third party lens struggle on older systems but the AF was perfect.

Originally Posted by 165kicks

Just picked up ordered a Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 DG EX MACRO for my Canon 350D/Rebel XT.

Any opinions on anybody who's had a chance to use this lens.

Can someone give me an opinion please.
That lens is designed for a full-format camera. In my opinion you should have copped the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 instead. Other good lenses for a Canon small sensor camera are Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 or the more expensive but superior Canon 17-55 f/2.8 USM IS

I know it's not the best quality, but I already have the 18-55mm kit lens, granted it's f3.5-5.6. IMO I think it takes good pictures anyway. I chose the 24-70mm, because my cousin purchased the 24-70L for his 7D(APS-C as well). I took a few shots with it and liked the slightly longer range since the range is more like 38-112mm. Now I know the Sigma isn't an L lens but from reviews I've read they're very close in performance.

Hopefully down the line when I dump the kit lens I'll go for the 17-50mm higher end lenses.

EDIT: Just picked up the lens from the Post Office and tried it on my Rebel XT and my Canon EOS 650(35mm film), and as you said the crop factor is a difference but it still looks mighty fine on the XT.

I was surprised the lens worked seamlessly on the 650, as I've always read that third party lens struggle on older systems but the AF was perfect.
Sounds sweet.. I'm sure it's a great lens!

One of my favourite photographers use the Sigma 24-70 (on a 5D). His name is http://www.flickr.com/photos/mateuspatche/Mateus Mondini

^as far as sigma lenses go, i have the sig 2.8 15mm fisheye that i'm quite impressed with. build quality is solid and picture quality is great imo (but i also use it on a 5d too tho). just from using this lens, i wouldn't mind purchasing another sig lens.

two pics i took during todays Chinese new years parade

5414124727_2dfe2606d7_z.jpg

5414130007_5a10881b39_z.jpg

the boy was soo over exposed, so i had to make it into a black and white picture

got my first dslr on friday 175 bucks for the body lens and bag good deal?

I will post some of my first pictures that turn out.

Back
Top Bottom