roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Originally Posted by gllahone84

That’s the truth. I went and found out some information about planking. I'm not the first person who knows about the origins. Slaves were chained and attached to plank beds. They were then forced to lay down with their arms by their side and their wrist chained to their waist. Stacked upon each other with no room to move. That's just one small part that is related to the middle passage. So I don't really find it all that amusing. To each his own though.

I'm pretty sure most of those people "planking" are not doing it to mock slavery and the condition in which the slaves were brought to the West in the middle passage.

Same can be said about people using the N word no?

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

That’s the truth. I went and found out some information about planking. I'm not the first person who knows about the origins. Slaves were chained and attached to plank beds. They were then forced to lay down with their arms by their side and their wrist chained to their waist. Stacked upon each other with no room to move. That's just one small part that is related to the middle passage. So I don't really find it all that amusing. To each his own though.

I'm pretty sure most of those people "planking" are not doing it to mock slavery and the condition in which the slaves were brought to the West in the middle passage.

Same can be said about people using the N word no?

if you believe that planking got its origins from the slave trade my god you are taking it too far.

People are crazy, if I start a fad of putting my hand up and just standing there with my hand up (call in handing) and it catches on, someone would attribute it to starting in the slave trade....makes no sense

if you believe that planking got its origins from the slave trade my god you are taking it too far.

People are crazy, if I start a fad of putting my hand up and just standing there with my hand up (call in handing) and it catches on, someone would attribute it to starting in the slave trade....makes no sense

Back
Top Bottom