The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

just played 2 death matches in twisted metal

first day cop for me.

i was hooked fast. it felt like i had a ps1 again

is it confirmed that it comes with twisted metal black and a online pass?

first day cop for me.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

first day cop for me.

As long as you buy new, you get the online pass. TW:B is still supposed to be packaged in.
twisted-metal-black.jpg

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

first day cop for me.

As long as you buy new, you get the online pass. TW:B is still supposed to be packaged in.
twisted-metal-black.jpg

So who is getting a Vita? 
nerd.gif

I still have my OG phat PSP that I copped day 1.

Im going to need some delivery room entertainment.

Yo NT fam,which Final Fantasy should I start next?
5,7,8,13, or Tactics?
Beaten 4,6,9,and 10 already plus I'm close on beating 10-2.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Just threw in FFXIII-2 
pimp.gif

Post your thoughts, when u have a chance. I picked it up, but also picked up Atelier Lotori: Adventurer of Arland for 29.99 so ill go through that first.

Also Playstation Plus next month is going to be great. Signed up for Ps+ from day one and have zero regrets
pimp.gif
I too would like your thoughts on the game. That $20 amazon credit is tempting, but still feel that I'll wait until the game drops to $20 and have a GOTY edition with all DLC included.

That said, do you guys plan on getting the FXIII-2 DLC when it comes out? I'm annoyed that there's some episodes that "enhance the experience and complement the narrative of Final Fantasy XIII-2 with storyline branches for key characters in the story."

Seems like a cheap attempt to nickel and dime players of  FFXIII-2 especially since it comes out February 7th. You would think it would be already in the game.

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

5,7,8,13, or Tactics?
VII, then V, then VIII, then XIII. Tactics is one of my favorite games of all time, but it is a strategy RPG... a little different that the core stuff. I'd suggest that if you think you might like the combat style. 

Seems like a cheap attempt to nickel and dime players of  FFXIII-2 especially since it comes out February 7th. You would think it would be already in the game

It is.... but it is what everyone is doing. I'll decide after I beat the game if I want to invest in the DLC. I left a few impressions on it last page.

5,7,8,13, or Tactics?

I definitely say 7. That game was too
pimp.gif

5,7,8,13, or Tactics?
VII, then V, then VIII, then XIII. Tactics is one of my favorite games of all time, but it is a strategy RPG... a little different that the core stuff. I'd suggest that if you think you might like the combat style. 
Thanks man.I played Tactics before for like 2 hours.I might give a chance again one day.

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

nerd.gif

Only way I'm copping is if they figure out this remote play *%@%.

I wanna be able to play most of my PS3 games on Vita.

Haven't been on my PS3 for ages. DLed TM and I'm loving it. Bringing me back to my childhood days...controls were mad hard at first though.

Originally Posted by xtianp

Haven't been on my PS3 for ages. DLed TM and I'm loving it. Bringing me back to my childhood days...controls were mad hard at first though.

yea u right about the controls

Originally Posted by Hyper

nerd.gif

some people figured out how to do it, but of course sony is going to patch it

Just threw in FFXIII-2 
pimp.gif

Post your thoughts, when u have a chance. I picked it up, but also picked up Atelier Lotori: Adventurer of Arland for 29.99 so ill go through that first.

Also Playstation Plus next month is going to be great. Signed up for Ps+ from day one and have zero regrets
pimp.gif

You mean Atelier Rarona or Tatori?
I am a HUGE JRPG fan, but I really really disliked Rarona. I understand Tatori is very similar as a sequel. Its not alot of battle, its more fabricating items from other items.  That in itself isnt horrible (Dark Cloud was awesome at this). But it gave you such strict deadlines that you had to EITHER fabricate OR battle. I traded Rarona in after 2 days of trying to push through it.

Anyway, I am only about 3-4 hours into XIII-2 and I have to say that Serah and Noel are much better than any other character (other than Lightning) in XIII. They are a bit more subdued, believable, and you can sympathize a bit more with their plight. The battle system is improved with the addition of monsters, the sidequests are not the most imaginative, but they force exploration if you so desire. 

I can see story being a little weak. So far I see it as not amazing by any means, but alot more engaging than the first installment. Leveling up is a little more confusing, but I just stick with what I know to be characters strengths and proceed that way.

Good news to trophy hunters is that the Plat may take 100 hours (potentially alot shorter, but depends on your skill), but it is attainable. Unlike XIII where it relied a little too much on luck for me.

Again only 4 hours in.... this is no classic, but it is an improvement for sure. We'll see how the game progresses. 

My bad.  I bought Tatori yesterday (could not read the title on the cover), for 30 bucks i thought it was worth a shot since i have not played a jrpg in months. Im a big fan of the dark cloud so as long as its close to that, then im good.

Thanks for give us a brief review
 I dont want to start it till Ps3trophies.org has a trophy guide in the forum atleast. Im really falling behind in trophies
grin.gif

So I beat God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta last night and wow all I can say is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

None of the God Of War games have disappointed me at all. Well maybe GOW III's ending was kind of disappointing.

But yeah I'm so ready and hope Sony announces God Of War IV @ E3 this year.

I rank the GOW games like this:

GOW II

GOW Ghost Of Sparta

GOW III

GOW I

GOW Chains Of Olympus  

Anyway, I am only about 3-4 hours into XIII-2 and I have to say that Serah and Noel are much better than any other character (other than Lightning) in XIII. They are a bit more subdued, believable, and you can sympathize a bit more with their plight. The battle system is improved with the addition of monsters, the sidequests are not the most imaginative, but they force exploration if you so desire. 

I can see story being a little weak. So far I see it as not amazing by any means, but alot more engaging than the first installment. Leveling up is a little more confusing, but I just stick with what I know to be characters strengths and proceed that way.

Good news to trophy hunters is that the Plat may take 100 hours (potentially alot shorter, but depends on your skill), but it is attainable. Unlike XIII where it relied a little too much on luck for me.

Again only 4 hours in.... this is no classic, but it is an improvement for sure. We'll see how the game progresses. 

Thanks for give us a brief review
 I dont want to start it till Ps3trophies.org has a trophy guide in the forum atleast. Im really falling behind in trophies
grin.gif

I'm about 8 hours into the game and I'm really enjoying it.
pimp.gif

The game has a chrono trigger feel to it with all of the time traveling going on.
laugh.gif

It's a good thing I bought the strategy guide for this game because I don't wanna miss a thing while I'm playing.
glasses.gif

[h1]PSN maintenance starts this Thursday at 9am EST, through Friday morning[/h1]
by Mike Schramm on Feb 1st 2012 12:00PM

Sony has announced on its European forums that maintenance time has been scheduled for the PlayStation Network this Thursday, February 2, from 2PM GMT until 8AM Friday morning. If the maintenance carries over to the US (and it usually does), it'll start at 6AM PST Thursday until midnight PST, or 9AM to 3AM for those of you on the East Coast.

Fortunately, the outage doesn't seem to include gameplay -- Sony says that it will only affect the PS Store, Customer Account Management and Registration services. PlayStation Home, however, will be offline the entire time. So ... that doesn't sound so bad! Just pour yourself a cup of tea, grab something good to read and wrap yourself in a warm blanket, and the outage will be over before you know it.

[h1]PS Vita game downloads cheaper than boxed copies in US[/h1]
by David Hinkle on Jan 31st 2012 9:01PM

Sony is offering a discount for game-starved shut-ins with PlayStation Vitas, Shacknews has confirmed. It shouldn't come as a surprise, since Sony has been talking about doing such a thing for months now, and has followed a similar pricing scheme -- favoring downloads -- in Japan.

There's no exact indication of how much you'll save downloading through PSN compared to purchasing boxed copies, but a NeoGAF thread of supposed Best Buy SKUs suggests it'll be a ten percent discount.

[h1]Guerrilla Games Working On Killzone 4, New IP and Killzone PS Vita Rumored[/h1]
Playstation 3, PS Vita, Rumors | Torrence Davis |January 30, 2012 10:29 pm 4,403 views

Well it looks like Guerrilla Games is hard at work these days. An inside source of ours has informed us that they are hard at work on the next iteration of Killzone. It isn’t known whether or not Killzone 4 will be a PS3 or PS4 title. There are a ton of jobs posted on GG’s site now and among the many artist jobs lies a Multiplayer Designer position which requires FPS experience. There could very well be an announcement at E3 with an early 2013 release for PS3. We’ll keep you updated on that.

In other Guerrilla news we discovered that a new IP is in the works. This can also be found on their website on the front page. One wonders if this second IP is another FPS game or something entirely different. Either way it’s exciting to know that they are working hard to keep those games coming.

Lastly in Killzone news, there’s a rumor that a PS Vita Killzone game is in the works. I’m not sure if GG is the team that’s handling the mobile version, but given the similarities between the PS3 and the Vita, I’m sure they could have a mobile off shoot of their blockbuster FPS up and running in no time.

As always, take these rumors with a grain of salt. Whatever you can find on their site is FACT. Like the fact that they are looking for someone with DirectX experience(hmmm). Whatever we dig up for you comes from credible sources but treat it as a rumor until it’s official.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Hyper

nerd.gif

some people figured out how to do it, but of course sony is going to patch it

I probably wont update it just like my OG. I still have the original firmware on it with ROMs and homebrews.
I used my Slim 3000 for all the newer games, before I sold it. 

Twisted Metal controls are **%.

There is no menu option to see them during gameplay. %*+? That tutorial worked wonders though, but still, I don't remember the OG versions being this difficult.

Back
Top Bottom