The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | SOP Today 3PM PST / NEW Firmware Update is LIVE / PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Concord development cost keeps increasing. First it was $250 million and now it's 400. Next week, someone would say it costs $600 million to make. :lol:

Somehow we're supposed to believe Concord cost $100 Million more to make than Spider-Man 2 which who also need to pay license fees to Marvel.
Also from the FTC trial, we know:

Horizon Forbidden West - $212 million
The Last of Us: Part 2 - $220 million

Concord did not cost nearly as much as 2 of Sony's biggest hitters combined.

If the game was really in development for 8 years, I believe it’s possible. I just don’t see how nobody at Sony could see that the game was DOA after the initial reveal. It’s an unfortunate situation and sucks for the developers but I doubt that the studio is going to be around much longer.

If the game was really in development for 8 years, I believe it’s possible. I just don’t see how nobody at Sony could see that the game was DOA after the initial reveal. It’s an unfortunate situation and sucks for the developers but I doubt that the studio is going to be around much longer.

The idea for the game was 8 years ago. The studio was only formed 6 years ago and even then it would've been a few devs until they go into full production mode and scale up the employees.

1726929663344.jpeg

1726929679806.jpeg

It's like how Final Fantasy Versus XIII was announced in 2006 but didn't go into full production until 2012.

Also, the Insomniac leak gives you a good idea of how much money scales up during production. This are the costs for Spider-Man 2:
50 people average were working on the game pre-production and it peaked at 380 people. That's a lot of salaries to pay out
Firewalk is around 150 employees so unless they outsourced most of the production . I don't see how they get to $400 Million.

1726930021695.jpeg

1726930069824.jpeg

1726930136485.png

Studio is dead weight though. Other studios have gone for less. They've given Sony the biggest black eye. I bet the word Concord will be banned in Sony headquarters. :lol:
I can't see it coming back.

The Concord development cost keeps increasing. First it was $250 million and now it's 400. Next week, someone would say it costs $600 million to make. :lol:

Somehow we're supposed to believe Concord cost $100 Million more to make than Spider-Man 2 which who also need to pay license fees to Marvel.
Also from the FTC trial, we know:

Horizon Forbidden West - $212 million
The Last of Us: Part 2 - $220 million

Concord did not cost nearly as much as 2 of Sony's biggest hitters combined.
I believe it because if you listen to the initial interview, the guy said that they outsourced most of the work the last two years so they had to pay all those companies for the outsourcing work and they also had to pay sweet baby inc prob 30 million to go over the game and make sure it was DEI ready.

I believe it because if you listen to the initial interview, the guy said that they outsourced most of the work the last two years so they had to pay all those companies for the outsourcing work and they also had to pay sweet baby inc prob 30 million to go over the game and make sure it was DEI ready.

I don't believe Sony paid $400 Million for development, bought the studio and paid DEI consultants $30 Million on top for a brand new IP from an unproven studio.
That's half a billy.

When you compare the credits for both games, to include outsourced work, Spider-Man 2 has double the amount of people.

Concord didn't even get the top tier 1st party marketing treatment. Where I live, when Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted or The Last of Us are coming out, Sony will let everyone and their aunty know. The adverts are plastered everywhere. Billboards, subways, buses, Champion's League TV spots, etc. Concord didn't get that treatment.

Only Colin is saying it cost this much. Other industry people are saying the opposite. No one is corroborating his story.

I don’t put anything past anyone these days but I don’t see what Colin has to gain from blatantly lying. It’s very possible that his source was wrong but not sure why people acting like Colin couldn’t possibly have any inside scoops on PlayStation of all things :lol:

Finished Plucky Squire. Didn't get the plat due to collectibles currently being required in 1 playthrough.

Really fun game. My only complaint is it is a bit short, and a bit too easy. That said, it has some excellent gameplay mechanics, a very easy to follow story, and potential for future titles.

You could probably plat this game in under 15 hours with a guide.

Hopefully this results in a MvC4.
Plz. I would love to see Versus with modern graphics.
Alpha 3 Upper... dunno if it's going to include the World Tour mode or not. Weird they would put Project Justice but not Rival School... but I don't care because I sold PJ years ago and I still have RS. Plasma Sword is kinda trash, wish I could find the damn case for it so I can sell my DC copy.
Disappointed they didn’t include the original Star Gladiator and Rival Schools for completeness sake.
Crazy!
Max in the news to tell us we're coming out of the Marvel recession. :lol:
What a time to be alive.

MvC4 has to be in development. Capcom's got a good relationship with everyone now and the current Marvel under Disney are very open.
I just need the game to have the SF6 content. Infinite actually had goodplay but it was low budget. Animation and art was a big step back from Marvel 3.
If we get a Marvel that's not barebones with the X-Men and good content then Capcom is the GOAT.
It’s amazing that he has positioned himself as the face of fighting games. Justin was beating his A. Justin the real deal. Max don’t even compete in tournaments. Justin famous for his Daigo video. He terrorized China Town Fair (RIP). Won MvC3 to show he was still relevant.
Love this account...

Wild the PSone was a $100. We’ll never see that again in console gaming. Price increases not price cuts. That was literally how these companies penetrated into mainstream. Them joints were too expensive out the gate. Remember copping SNES for $200. N64 for $250. GameCube being $200. 360 and PS3 were the first expensive generation due to PC like parts and cell processors.

The turn is real. I want the anniversary Pro lol.

db3cd6df6eecb206b80d60526f72ddcd0385216e.jpg

State of Play is back tomorrow, September 24! Tune in live for news and updates on more than 20 upcoming PS5 and PS VR2 games from studios around the world.

The 30+ minute show begins September 24 at 3pm PT / 6pm ET | September 25 12am CEST / 7am JST on YouTube and Twitch, and will be broadcast in English and Japanese. See you tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom