The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | SOP Today 3PM PST / NEW Firmware Update is LIVE / PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best Buy shows the controller going in and out of preorder. Might be a last try for anyone.

People really bidding 3k on the bay for the Annie. No thank you.

Last edited:
Got a controller, the only thing I actually hoped to get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Managed to get it thru the direct PS site. Sat in line for 50 minutes, took 3 tries to add to cart, finally did and checked out with Sonic speed. Hope the pre-order actually goes through and I have a happy surprise in Nov.

Bummed I couldn't get the Anniversary bundle but sounds like I never had a chance anyways. Glad I at least got the Edge controller and Portal. I would have settled for the regular 30 controller but the edge is better overall. Im ok with todays events.... >D

Watching some random streamer on YT right now. One of his posters said they got in after 12 min and the bundle was gone. I never had a chance.

The refresh at 7PDT was key, meaning bots probably still got through. But they only could score 1

This is why I wrapped my head around paying extra last week... you only get that kind of stuff for retail when you hit lottery odds.

Thanks for sharing, makes me even more happy for how I came out.

Best Buy Canada has the Pro bundle still up ($1369). I entertained the idea, but the money needs to go into some home improvements. |l

Interesting, didn't know any retailers had pro anniversary bundles. That's wild you haven't checked out yesterday man... hehe...

Tempted to get the controller... but I really don't need another controller. Have 3 including a new cobalt one that has been in the box since BF.
Do it! Join me! lol

Im a sucker for nostalgia so having a special grey controller will always be worth it. Especially since the regular is under a bill. To each their own.

I feel you. It’s a problem. One a person needs help for. Pulled these out while
reorging my closet couple weeks back.

Guess I deleted my second pic also have an orange, green/purple and proba another one.

I’ve been tame on DS5 though I only have my OG. I was able to score an Annie and an Annie Edge. Always wanted to get an edge, was waiting for a sale. End up with an extra $20 that way. Go figure.

IMG_8315.jpeg

Last edited:
Man the soundtrack for Metaphor RF is awesome. I was hoping I could wait for it to go on sale but if I can score one of the lame *** over priced CE I will probably cop it.

Gonna ask the lady in my Japanese class to translate that today. lol

Last edited:
So now that this disappointment is thru. I’m hoping we get some NOT limited black plates with the PS2 style cover for the PS5 for the 25th Annv. It would be a good consultation prize for the normal PS5 and its black center.

Not my pic. Lifted this custom from reddit

IMG_8542.jpeg

Last edited:
Been in training all week for a new job and EYE completely forgot about the drop until EYE saw the thread jump a couple of pages today.

Only really wanted the Anniversary DualSense. Kinda glad EYE struck out because Lord knows EYE don't need another controller.

That said, anywhere online still have the Anniversary DualSense? :emoji_eyes: :lol::smh:

I learned my lesson. I would not be buying any first run Sony consoles. Just wait for the Pro.

I dunno, 4 years is a long time to wait.

Not only was there a supply shortage for a long period of that 4 years but Sony also increased the price in some regions so the launch PS5 was cheaper.

I'm glad I didn't wait, even with my limited gaming time. Can't wait to sell it in for the Pro though.

Back
Top Bottom