The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im glad i pre ordered. I always have for new consoles and always will idk why some people take a gamble with hoping they can just show up in a store and purchase on release especially during the holidays. I understand that there are exceptions to not pre ordering and still getting a release console but i would rather take the for sure route and pre order at least you on a list.
I think people forget its Christmas and expect the same ol every day shopping experience: walk in the store get what you want, if its not on the shelf find an employee to go get one out of the back for you

Then not to mention its a $500 system so the average consumer don't expect to see 50+ people camping overnight over a $500 video game system

Honestly If they had no resell. I think they would be on selves. Some Xbox series s are cause they harder to flip. Honestly it’s more so people trying come up on some bread to buy gifts and or make their system free.

Completely agree with starfox070, there are some grown adults harassing minimum wage retail workers over a video game system. I've witnessed it at several Target and Walmarts, grown folks rushing in with brickseek and popfindr loaded on their cell phones demanding the inventory, then turning red, it's sickening. Now imagine this every 10 mins, no social distancing, a group of adults upset you don't have a system for them, over and over and over, everyday for the last few weeks. Walmart associates are not there to be your servants. Honestly, it's the worst company in my opinion, I would hope they were selling it out the back to make up for low pay, low benefits, unpredictable work schedules and lack of full time hours. I worked in retail for many years and remember the late nights and early morning inventory sessions. Always treat anyone that has to endure the American public with upmost respect. Just yesterday I tipped a Snipes rep $20 for helping me with Puma Mario sneakers, I could tell he was a fan of sneaker design and I value product knowledge. I always fill out surveys or big up the rep to their manager if they go above or beyond. Again, get a Costco membership, they've restocked so many times online.

Last edited:
PS5 Game of the Year.png

Easy call. :pimp:

I disagree I did work in retail like 15 years ago when I was in college I hated the fact you are getting mad at me by what policy is.

brickseek was told to shut down not by the stores but by Walmart Corp why....

1. you are harassing workers. Sometimes stock is on trucks and just key rec in. Which means scanned but not removed so at that point they can’t get it. If it’s behind a pallet or 4. They aren’t going to move all that to get some ps5’s.

2. Walmart’s in some states don’t want 20-40 people hovering around cause some random site said a thing. At most they have less than 15. What’s the others suppose to do creates hostile environment.

3. Walmart Corp I bet has been contacted about this. The findings that Wally Worlds are hoarding for themselves while possible are probably getting watched more by corporate. We know the Karen’s are calling. They Corp just said shut down the site and watch stock. They probably shouldn’t have access to their stock numbers anyways.

4. Telling retail workers to suck it up so some ahole can yell at them about an site that sometimes is out of date Is not fair. Yes sometimes they do have them in the back. Most often they probably solid them. The app be off by 4-5 hours sometimes. It tells you and I bet people don’t read that.

5. no one deserves a damn 500$ electronic box that will eventually be widely available. That alone and the fact it is a privilege to purchase not the rite. Is reason enough to leave them alone. They had preorders and yes the sat for a few many didn’t pull the trigger. Once people found out u can flip them now it’s a must have. Lots of people bring a holes probably wanna sell it. So they get to bother employees so they can go flip.

nah

You sound privileged as F.

also until some can prove hoards of ps5 are being held it’s just like one vid of them saying they don’t have them and boom some appearing other than that hear say. Yea some stores maybe finessing it’s more not and actually out.

Lastly their job isn’t to sell electronics their job is to assist you in shopping it’s customer service not sales man. Stop trusting that lame site too. It’s causing more L’s than wins.

Well, I disagree with your disagreement so there! Lol, gotta love the NT straw men. I worked two jobs (35 hours a week in a restaurant and 30 hours a week in a SavOn) while putting myself through college. So I know what customer service is all about. And i know employees can be good and just as bad as customers. Which is the whole point you deflect from. I’ll say it again, Walmart employees keeping consoles for themselves. So hard to imagine.

1. Yes the products get scanned into a store. But for employees to stand there saying there are none in stock in the store is a lie. Still doesn’t change the fact those PS5 are never making it to the store floor. Plus, Those console devices are usually off the truck and under control before the store even opens.

2. The site is accurate. It’s pulling directly from the Walmart inventory. And I never said anything about acceptability to create a hostile environment. If they don’t want people hovering then do what they did and pull the inventory tracker. It’s there right. But it doesn’t take away from the fact that the employees are taking the consoles for themselves.

4. That is the individual companies right to do so. But they don’t seem to care when the tracker relationship benefits general look ups because it moves products. And the fact that corporate did reach out proves the site is accurate, disproving your opinion it’s not. The real problem is corporate has no control over the individual stores. So their only recourse is To ask BS to stop showing the stock. It’s much easier than controlling 1000’s of employees that won’t give 1 damn what corporate says. Especially them seasonal employees

5. Not even sure wtf you’re trying to say, some woke BS. No one deserves anything for that matter. We are a society where you can by whatever you want if you have the money. The general intention of the retailer is to sell items to them public. And most retailers don’t let their employees reserve”hot” commodity items for themselves. They actually have policies against it. You make a general assumption that everyone is trying to get them to flip. Most people are trying to get them for either Christmas presents or for themselves. Just look at this thread and Reddit. Gamers can’t get the console in stores. So back to the topic, retailers should be selling to the customers. Not the rouge employees trying to flip consoles, which you seem to be so against.

Me privileged. You sound salty. I grew up poor and worked my *** off for what I have. So take your bitter self and try a little harder. You sound jealous that people can afford what you can’t. And until you can prove they aren’t hoarding consoles for the employees then your comment is a moot point.

and finally, yes their job is to provide customer serviceby selling electronics. It’s what they do... that’s why they have an electronics department... its in the name.

And for the record, I have a PS5 still sealed in a box sitting right next to me. It was for me. I’m looking to get one for my sister to give to my nephew for Christmas because my sister can’t afford it. If I can’t get a second she will get mine no charge and I’ll wait till next summer. I’ll fill that time with my backlog of PS4 games. But I guess that something only “privileged” people do. And, I only gave the instore 1 shot because NT was giving word these magical online orders that never are showing up for retail can be picked up in person. And when that rude employee snapped at me when I pretty nicely asked about it. I didn’t call her out for lying because the store had stock. I said ok turned around and left. So just like the employees don’t deserve Karen’s, people approaching don’t deserve the Karen employee.

nachobroadweezy nachobroadweezy I get your point. And not once did I ever advocate for mistreating employees. The point is if these retailers would actually stick to what they said they were going to do and online order with instore pickup the whole thing would be resolved. Problem is, as others have admitted in this thread, these stores are doing whatever they please. Now customers, the good and bad are going in store looking for the consoles. They are reaping what they sow. Does that justify mistreating a minimum wage worker - No. Brickseek is not anything new, that site has been around forever. Just can’t expect people not to do what people do when everyone else is doing it. Look at the dam BlackFriday videos or any hot sneaker/iPhone/etc release for that matter. BestBuy seemed to have no issue releasing online with instore pickup.

Last edited:
**** the customers if I worked at Walmart best believe I’d be side slinging as many ps5’s as I could before LP catches up to me.
People take seasonal jobs at retail spots just to get discounts at Christmas and get first dibs on the must have items
I have no problem with two or three employees buying a couple of consoles to sell for profit
Instead of those dumb asss customers being at truck rallies and anti mask rallies acting like idiots, they should have been at home tightening up their internet speeds

I don’t blame those Walmart employees if they’re hoarding the ps5’s. It’s a crappy retail job where they’re getting paid peanuts by a ****** employer. If you can resell a ps5 you have access to and possibly make a weeks worth of pay off the profits, more power to you.

You get what you pay for as an employer. When I go to Walmart the service is usually crappy, stuff is unorganized and it’s just one big trainwreck and I expect that. I doubt they’re getting the best of the best applicant wise either though since they really don’t have much to offer as a company. Yeah some will take it because it’s a job and they probably don’t have many other options, but you get service reflective of it.

Compare that to a place Costco where the service is spot on, is by all accounts a good company to work for so they’re getting a much better selection of applicants to pick from.

I stopped shopping at Walmart like 5yrs ago
Company dont give a damm about the employees and the employees take out there frustrations on the customers

Folks complaining about employees "hoarding" PS5s, but I never hear anyone complaining about how the owners of Walmart hoard all of the revenue
#1 retailer in the world and dont pay their employees 💩

I hate that stupid receipt checking crap they do at Walmart. I’m not going to be a **** and take my dislike of that out on some random employee just trying to do their job. Like I don’t mind it as Costco because I agreed to it when I got my membership, but at a place like Walmart it’s annoying.

It slows stuff up when I’m trying to leave, especially if it’s a line of people, in that case I just go around them and ignore the employer. The store has cameras all over the place, a loss prevention team etc, why the hell do they need some jabroni checking receipts. Anyhow rant over on that one lol.

I hate that stupid receipt checking crap they do at Walmart. I’m not going to be a **** and take my dislike of that out on some random employee just trying to do their job. Like I don’t mind it as Costco because I agreed to it when I got my membership, but at a place like Walmart it’s annoying.

It slows stuff up when I’m trying to leave, especially if it’s a line of people, in that case I just go around them and ignore the employer. The store has cameras all over the place, a loss prevention team etc, why the hell do they need some jabroni checking receipts. Anyhow rant over on that one lol.

Somebody was watching you walk out with that PS5 fam ?

Starting Mafia 3 tonight ! Before I hop on GOT & Last Of US for my twitch . I’m thinking of live-streaming since I work from
Home now .

Well, I disagree with your disagreement so there! Lol, gotta love the NT straw men. I worked two jobs (35 hours a week in a restaurant and 30 hours a week in a SavOn) while putting myself through college. So I know what customer service is all about. And i know employees can be good and just as bad as customers. Which is the whole point you deflect from. I’ll say it again, Walmart employees keeping consoles for themselves. So hard to imagine.

1. Yes the products get scanned into a store. But for employees to stand there saying there are none in stock in the store is a lie. Still doesn’t change the fact those PS5 are never making it to the store floor. Plus, Those console devices are usually off the truck and under control before the store even opens.

2. The site is accurate. It’s pulling directly from the Walmart inventory. And I never said anything about acceptability to create a hostile environment. If they don’t want people hovering then do what they did and pull the inventory tracker. It’s there right. But it doesn’t take away from the fact that the employees are taking the consoles for themselves.

4. That is the individual companies right to do so. But they don’t seem to care when the tracker relationship benefits general look ups because it moves products. And the fact that corporate did reach out proves the site is accurate, disproving your opinion it’s not. The real problem is corporate has no control over the individual stores. So their only recourse is To ask BS to stop showing the stock. It’s much easier than controlling 1000’s of employees that won’t give 1 damn what corporate says. Especially them seasonal employees

5. Not even sure wtf you’re trying to say, some woke BS. No one deserves anything for that matter. We are a society where you can by whatever you want if you have the money. The general intention of the retailer is to sell items to them public. And most retailers don’t let their employees reserve”hot” commodity items for themselves. They actually have policies against it. You make a general assumption that everyone is trying to get them to flip. Most people are trying to get them for either Christmas presents or for themselves. Just look at this thread and Reddit. Gamers can’t get the console in stores. So back to the topic, retailers should be selling to the customers. Not the rouge employees trying to flip consoles, which you seem to be so against.

Me privileged. You sound salty. I grew up poor and worked my *** off for what I have. So take your bitter self and try a little harder. You sound jealous that people can afford what you can’t. And until you can prove they aren’t hoarding consoles for the employees then your comment is a moot point.

and finally, yes their job is to provide customer serviceby selling electronics. It’s what they do... that’s why they have an electronics department... its in the name.

And for the record, I have a PS5 still sealed in a box sitting right next to me. It was for me. I’m looking to get one for my sister to give to my nephew for Christmas because my sister can’t afford it. If I can’t get a second she will get mine no charge and I’ll wait till next summer. I’ll fill that time with my backlog of PS4 games. But I guess that something only “privileged” people do. And, I only gave the instore 1 shot because NT was giving word these magical online orders that never are showing up for retail can be picked up in person. And when that rude employee snapped at me when I pretty nicely asked about it. I didn’t call her out for lying because the store had stock. I said ok turned around and left. So just like the employees don’t deserve Karen’s, people approaching don’t deserve the Karen employee.

nachobroadweezy nachobroadweezy I get your point. And not once did I ever advocate for mistreating employees. The point is if these retailers would actually stick to what they said they were going to do and online order with instore pickup the whole thing would be resolved. Problem is, as others have admitted in this thread, these stores are doing whatever they please. Now customers, the good and bad are going in store looking for the consoles. They are reaping what they sow. Does that justify mistreating a minimum wage worker - No. Brickseek is not anything new, that site has been around forever. Just can’t expect people not to do what people do when everyone else is doing it. Look at the dam BlackFriday videos or any hot sneaker/iPhone/etc release for that matter. BestBuy seemed to have no issue releasing online with instore pickup.

TLDR

went to school grew up poor sudo threw in some boot straps type vibe

Now privileged as F

let’s bang on retail cause they here to I guess be punching bags for people over a damn PS5, cause their is a secret walmart and target wide cabal of backdooring that has honestly yet to be proven but carry on.

To think it’s ok to bang on low wage workers and not think about at some point way back before the internet changed e commerce changed the way retail works it was a lot different

but

I won’t take that into consideration nah I will only look as far as my experience in a totally different industry and provide a blanket statement to 500$ electronic box you had the privilege of buying.

they don’t have to sell you a dang thing. It’s not food or water it is a PS5, we yelling at mostly kids and underserved people over a PS5 talking about if they don’t like it they should Quit. Nah you need to think why 40 of y’all huddled in a electronic section for like 5 PS5 and be like who really using logic here. You think they have 100 in the back.

if so resell be dead fam.

You Still privileged as F also I had like 6 of these of these things I guess defending workers makes me salty yes I am. Some people just want to come to work and do their job. Not everyone there for a PS5 and all the crowds make shopping hard for others.

I’m tired of this capitalist oh let’s bang on people because I demand satisfaction cause I have a lil
Money in my pocket elitist ish.

what if the associate was told by mangment not to sell it. Then they spend a whole 8 hour shift being told yes you do have one. They are like no we don’t and they may be right brickseek isn’t live stock it pulls a estimate every couple of hours.

no one reads that part

it’s how you treat those who have less than you that defines who you are. A man with power shows you who they are. You have gained power over someone and proved to be a d head to them.

Late night story length response my new born up so I got time tonight 😂

Version 20.02-02.30.00

This system software update improves system performance.

Resolved an issue where data transfers and downloads were cancelled when trying to download content while a data transfer from a PS4 is in progress.

Some issues that were causing errors during text input in some PS4 games have been resolved.

The connection stability has been improved for some Wi-Fi routers.

I was literally just scrolling the home screen to see if the updates were ready and it crashed, hoping I don't end up with a brick.

Missed it again by like 4 people. Toes are a little numb...

We left our chairs and blankets at the entrance and made a line...someones gonna check it every hour.

I’m so close...

:lol: @ yall reading everybody's posts and complaints about playing Cold War and their ps5s crashing or bricking and STILL going to play Cold War anyway.

Anyway

Last edited:
Are you guys having problems with disk or digital versions of COD?

I’m on digital and haven’t had any problems since release day mainly . Probably nothing to do with it but just curious

y’all just love posting walls of text on the internet, huh

Any ways. This gen I built a PC and I’m planning on going ps5 console wise (for now). I couldn’t wait for my back-ordered Newegg order to be delivered so bought Cyberpunk on my pc last night. (You can VPN to another country to get it for a cheaper price :lol:)

y’all just love posting walls of text on the internet, huh

Any ways. This gen I built a PC and I’m planning on going ps5 console wise (for now). I couldn’t wait for my back-ordered Newegg order to be delivered so bought Cyberpunk on my pc last night. (You can VPN to another country to get it for a cheaper price :lol:)
I've seen people post that on slickdeals about the VPN thing... Is it possible to buy a copy for a friend that way or its only good to download to your PC?

Back
Top Bottom