The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the **** user reviews I would have thought GT7 would have some sales by now.
Bad reviews? Other than the server outage that occurred last week, the game has been very enjoyable.

I know people were bombing the game for it being server dependent.

Honestly didn't even read any because it doesn't really matter to me for the type of game it is, but it has like a 1.7 user score on metacritic.

You couldn't play the game because it requires an internet connection.

So, they ****** up the patch, preventing access to the game, and the patch introduced lower race pay outs.

Last edited:
And Sony announced 10 live service games to launch in the coming few years.

This GT 7 stunt doesn't instill a ton of confidence in these titles.

And Sony announced 10 live service games to launch in the coming few years.

This GT 7 stunt doesn't instill a ton of confidence in these titles.
They'll back-pedal like Star Wars did. Bad news spread like wildfire these days and I'm sure they're currently trying to come up with a solution to their micro-transaction dilemma. The **** is greedy and they weren't even subtle about it.

I didn’t even know you could spend real money on cars until I looked into it. :lol:

Yeah that’s pretty foul what they did. I see why people are pissed now.

I’m not big into games I just play a few. I didn’t know this was kind of common.

They already responded to the backlash and basically said this is how things are and to deal with it.
We will in time let you know the update plans for additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this.
There will be updates that will cater to the character. Sony's main racing game isn't going to ignore the complaints. They will eventually give.

I was reading on Reddit somewhere that like 10 hrs of grinding on the highest pay out race would total like 1.5mil. After the patch that grind went up to about 20ish hours for the same amount of prize money. Now add these stupid “invite only” notifications you get for certain manufacturers with small windows to buy certain cars makes it almost impossible to own some cars in the game. Last screen shot I saw it was like 10mil for a mclaren f1. Almost forcing you to use real cash to own a virtual car. It’s disgusting but greed always wins. That being said, I’m enjoying the game since I mainly shop used to collect all the old jdm gems. So far I’ve managed to purchase a Evo iv, v, v tommy edition, r34, ae86 levin, integra type r, civic type r, and s13.

I genuinely think that Kaz wants what's best for the game... and that's not having it to be focused on MTX or obsessive grinding. That said, he/Poly really needs to make changes and make them fast. He mentioned that he hopes the fans will give the game patience in that they will release more content down the road to avoid grinding, but you know how a lot of ppl are nowadays... "give it to me right away, I wanted it yesterday".

The economics of the game really are imbalanced at this point, so they do need to fix that. I saw some grinding tips yielding around 500k-700k/hour depending on what race you choose and your efficiency, post-nerf. For the McLaren F1 at 18.5mn credits, there's no way I can get there with 3 days left. I get that Poly wants to make this game 'realistic' with their pricing, but this is ridiculous. 😩

I genuinely think that Kaz wants what's best for the game... and that's not having it to be focused on MTX or obsessive grinding. That said, he/Poly really needs to make changes and make them fast. He mentioned that he hopes the fans will give the game patience in that they will release more content down the road to avoid grinding, but you know how a lot of ppl are nowadays... "give it to me right away, I wanted it yesterday".

The economics of the game really are imbalanced at this point, so they do need to fix that. I saw some grinding tips yielding around 500k-700k/hour depending on what race you choose and your efficiency, post-nerf. For the McLaren F1 at 18.5mn credits, there's no way I can get there with 3 days left. I get that Poly wants to make this game 'realistic' with their pricing, but this is ridiculous. 😩
Ahhh, I see the f1 is more expensive then what I saw lmao. Excellent!

Anyways, I agree, it’s a fine line between I want it now and endless grinding. It seems like most companies are trying real hard to push the real cash for fake cash agenda and that’s what really is killing most games. That and the need to make EVERYTHING online. Getting real hard to find a quality game that focuses on just the game itself. Everything has turned into, “how can I get the player to pay for this?”

And regarding Kaz’s statement, I get he doesn’t have 100% control over the game but it’s getting real old paying premium prices for games and only getting 50% of a game on launch day. I have no problem waiting for a COMPLETE game. We get sold on a game, purchase said game, wait for updates and patches, and then never get it. It’s like they are begging for me to just give up gaming and grow up lmao.

I don't mind grinding... "putting in the work", so to speak. But the amount of effort right now and the payout is just not proportionate at this point... especially when you have cars at 18.5mn. Ironically, despite Kaz saying they want to make this 'realistic', we can't actually sell our cars for credits. 😕🤷‍♂️

And I don't think the game is at "50%" right now... cuz if you want to wait for "100%" of the game, that would take another 1-2 years. And what exactly is a 'complete' game? 500 cars? 600 cars? 40 tracks? 60 tracks? They way they have it set up right now is around 400 cars and 30 tracks, which I think is a reasonable start off point. With games nowadays, there's no such thing as complete, I think. They can always keep adding missions, guns/weapons, new abilities, new maps, etc.

I don't mind grinding... "putting in the work", so to speak. But the amount of effort right now and the payout is just not proportionate at this point... especially when you have cars at 18.5mn. Ironically, despite Kaz saying they want to make this 'realistic', we can't actually sell our cars for credits. 😕🤷‍♂️

And I don't think the game is at "50%" right now... cuz if you want to wait for "100%" of the game, that would take another 1-2 years. And what exactly is a 'complete' game? 500 cars? 600 cars? 40 tracks? 60 tracks? They way they have it set up right now is around 400 cars and 30 tracks, which I think is a reasonable start off point. With games nowadays, there's no such thing as complete, I think. They can always keep adding missions, guns/weapons, new abilities, new maps, etc.
I totally agree, the in game economy is totally broken. I also agree, I enjoy the game and what its supposed to be, so “grinding” isn’t a big deal to me. In terms of having a complete game, I’ll give it to gt7, they delivered a great game. But games ive played in the past like ghost recon, battlefield, and a few others have been delivered somewhat broken. Patches and updates addressing things that in my opinion should be polished by release date. I’d much rather have a studio delay than deliver a broken game. Of course most games can always be added to afterwards, I can’t personally speak on gt7 since I’ve been playing at a slow rate, but definitely there are games that took advantage of preorders. What concerns me is the trend it’s beginning to make. “Let’s just push it out and polish it in real time.” That’s a no go for me.

I hear ya.

I remember Digital Foundry saying how "polished" GT7 was... in that they didn't encounter any bugs during their test/review... and that was kinda refreshing... which says a lot about all the other games over the past few years.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/23/ps5-and-ps4-system-software-updates-release-globally-today/

VRR update arriving in the coming months.

My tv had the vrr update release a couple of weeks ago.

1648031230906.png

Back
Top Bottom