The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man let me get out of here for a few. I never played RE4 for more than 20 minutes. I copped on PC a few years ago and couldn't get over the trash *** tank controls :lol:

Never played OG RE4 and curious in time what thoughts on the best way to play for a first timer will be between the remake and OG.

A complaint I’ve seen is some of the camp and charm traded off for realism has taken a bit away from the experience in the remake.

Oh yea after running a few games on this psvr2 so far saints and sinners is a quality vr game. Only 1 hour in.

Impressions so far: I’m passed the sky village with the bridge if any of y’all remember that.

- Combat is hella good HOWEVER I think OG had better aiming. It’s taking me time to get acclimated to the shooting in this as it’s not as precise as the original.

- The trade off of losing the stop and go aiming is now you can move while shooting, which I think most folks are okay with.

- They still got Leon doing one liners which is great, but he is a bit more depressed/demure in this lol

- Melee feels great, knife has an even bigger role now with parrying attacks. Tip is you should aim to upgrade the durability for it as soon as you can.

- Original Merchant VO is better but this new guy sounds aight

- Some areas are exactly like the og but others are reworked and have surprises

Impressions so far: I’m passed the sky village with the bridge if any of y’all remember that.

- Combat is hella good HOWEVER I think OG had better aiming. It’s taking me time to get acclimated to the shooting in this as it’s not as precise as the original.

- The trade off of losing the stop and go aiming is now you can move while shooting, which I think most folks are okay with.

- They still got Leon doing one liners which is great, but he is a bit more depressed/demure in this lol

- Melee feels great, knife has an even bigger role now with parrying attacks. Tip is you should aim to upgrade the durability for it as soon as you can.

- Original Merchant VO is better but this new guy sounds aight

- Some areas are exactly like the og but others are reworked and have surprises

OG was 30 fps which made aiming more forgiving.

I know it’s not a Sony console but been itching to waste money on gaming and couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger on the psvr2, so I ordered a steam deck today for emulation and hopefully to use as a game pass device when the official dual boot wizard drops. Think it’s cool that it supports up to 4 controllers connected at once which I could use for retro gaming too and can be docked to a tv.

It’s on a small sale and supposedly ships in 1-2 weeks at the moment.
Bro, same here for the Steam Deck. Am pretty hyped. Had to return the psvr2. Not enough time for me to put in to get used to it. It is pretty amazing tho but will wait for tech to get better, in terms of headset size/comfort and maybe some sort of workaround for the motion sickness.

Man, about Sekiro, I’m on the long sword mini boss. I really can’t beat this guy. I’m taking a break. Im actually stressed from it lol.

To beat the other dude right before the long sword, I cheesed by fighting on the side of the stairs while the general was on the stairs swinging. I suck at this game lol.

If you don’t/can’t learn how to parry in Sekiro, just let it go. That game requires you to play the way it’s intended to be played. You have to be aggressive too. If you do manage to cheese your way through certain parts, you’re doing yourself a disservice because ain’t no cheesing Isshin. Just ask stay lurkin stay lurkin :lol:

Man, about Sekiro, I’m on the long sword mini boss. I really can’t beat this guy. I’m taking a break. Im actually stressed from it lol.

To beat the other dude right before the long sword, I cheesed by fighting on the side of the stairs while the general was on the stairs swinging. I suck at this game lol.

Iirc you’ve beaten other from games so you’ve got it in you. Sometimes a break isn’t a bad idea. I feel like I personally didn’t learn how to play the game properly until I was forced to by the final boss. You have to unlearn so many habits from soulsborne games. But yea stay aggressive and as a wise man taught me, “hesitation is defeat.”

If you don’t/can’t learn how to parry in Sekiro, just let it go. That game requires you to play the way it’s intended to be played. You have to be aggressive too. If you do manage to cheese your way through certain parts, you’re doing yourself a disservice because ain’t no cheesing Isshin. Just ask stay lurkin stay lurkin :lol:

Nah b there ain’t no cheating/half-steppin in Sekiro

1679608261544.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom