The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know, he rode Unreal/Gears fame for the better part of 15 years.

You may not like Kojimas games, but the quality and commercial success have always been there. At least until his Microsoft game comes out.

As much as I enjoyed the Metal Gear games, there is totally and argument for Kojima being overrated. There a devs with better resumes that I dont know by face.

I don't know, he rode Unreal/Gears fame for the better part of 15 years.

You may not like Kojimas games, but the quality and commercial success have always been there. At least until his Microsoft game comes out.
I am not arguing if is better or bigger than Kojima

But people talk about the dude like he was just some loudmouth PR person.

He was the lead designer for two of the most influential shooters of all time.

I simply feel overall Kojima is relatively overrated. Cliff is relatively underrated

Last edited:
I can't speak on his other games but Gears is the best multiplayer experience ever, for me. Cliify B solidified in my book.

I am not arguing if is better or bigger than Kojima

But people talk about the dude like he was just some loudmouth PR person.

He was the lead designer for two of the most influential shooters of all time.

I simply feel overall Kojima is relatively overrated. Cliff is relatively underrated

I see your point, but I always thought public perception was that he was a flash-in-the-pan, while Kojima is still making objectively good-to-great games. In recent years, people seem to have begun to put Cliff in that upper-echelon again, which I feel is over-rating him.

Cliff last made Lawbreakers, and while not a bad game, it was certainly a blemish. And that was HIS company.

No one's more overrated than Peter Molyneux. Fable wasn't good enough to excuse the rest of his career.

Besides Kojima, does anyone working on a Kojima project ever actually understand the whole thing? I'm just imagining these actors having no ******* idea what's going on but delivering their performances with as much conviction as they can muster anyways.

I think Ken Levine is seriously overrated too.

2K routinely has to set in and get his games done for him.

Then he runs to the press takes all the credit, and acts like people should look at him like he is the America Miyamoto

I see your point, but I always thought public perception was that he was a flash-in-the-pan, while Kojima is still making objectively good-to-great games. In recent years, people seem to have begun to put Cliff in that upper-echelon again, which I feel is over-rating him.

Cliff last made Lawbreakers, and while not a bad game, it was certainly a blemish. And that was HIS company.
I don't see why Lawbreakers is held against him so much. He launched a online shooter at a bad time. He used his money and connections to fund it, he took a risk did not work out. It happens.

Respawn could have folded before they released Titanfall if not from Microsoft saving them.

Cliff could have easily just went to a big publisher or 1st party from the jump but he went a different path. He only realized the good before it was too late.

Kojima put out other games besides Metal Gear that did not set the world on fire and would have probably sank a indy studio.

I don't see how Kojima saying aligned with big companies that are cool with letting him burn money is some great credit to him as a designer.

Last edited:
I don't see why Lawbreakers is held against him so much. He launched a online shooter at a bad time. He used his money and connections to fund it, he took a risk did not work out. It happens.

Respawn could have folded before they released Titanfall if not from Microsoft saving them.

Cliff could have easily just went to a big publisher or 1st party from the jump but he went a different path. He only realized the good before it was too late.

Kojima put out other games besides Metal Gear that did not set the world on fire and would have probably sank a indy studio.

I don't see how Kojima saying aligned with big companies that are cool with letting him burning money is from great credit to him as a designer.
Funny enough I think MS could have maybe saved Lawbreakers. I know PS4 was hot but he should have released his game on Xbox too. He had a history with them, I think it would have worked a little better.

Sinner Sinner not playstation related, but wont Lewis Hamilton racing for Mercedes in 2024 be weird with the knowledge he is going to Ferrari in 2025? So strange to me

Sinner Sinner not playstation related, but wont Lewis Hamilton racing for Mercedes in 2024 be weird with the knowledge he is going to Ferrari in 2025? So strange to me
Yeah, the magnitude of the move as well as the timing of it has thrown everyone off. I'm not even sure how much Mercedes knew about it. Normally, these deals are announced during the season summer break or towards the 2nd half of the season.

Typically, when they know a driver is leaving the team, he'll gradually be closed off in any design aspects or concepts for next season's car. Obvs, you can't entirely shut him out, but for sure, he'll be excluded from certain team meetings and whatnot. This isn't anything new as all the teams have been doing this for decades. Lewis is a well-seasoned veteran, so he'll know the drill. Specifically for the 2025 season, there aren't any huge regulation changes (2026 is the year with the huge regulation change), so I don't imagine the '24 Merc will differ that much from the '25 Merc. There will be upgrades on the car, but they will be more evolutionary than revolutionary.

I think had '25 been Lewis' last season with Merc and that he would be joining Ferrari in '26... then it would have been more problematic for all parties involved.

I am, but it just doesn't matter.

Kojima got the bag. DS 2, OD, and PHYSINT are all in the works.

Good thing he's overrated. Might not've got all this funding if these execs knew he's not as good as they think.

Don't even entertain the hate man
Never forget DS won the most GOTY awards for 2019
That means that his own peers voted for him on some of those
3DjKOSq-ezgif.com-resize.gif

Back
Top Bottom