**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

RL completely underestimated this release. Everybody is regrouping and seeing what's what. It's not the end of the retro releases, trust.
No different than any other Supreme drop or hyped release, as far as availability. Obviously everybody won't eat, but the percentages of success from SB and drops of a similar hype are pretty close.
My .02
B
I don't think that's the case, it's like @supermanblue79 said a few weeks ago. Sprinkle in the limited releases to tease the crowd, then they will be forced to buy the general release items (that we used to buy on clearance racks for 60% off) with the fear that they will miss out! Look at how people were going crazy for the crest. People was paying $500 $600 for it because of the hype still brewing from the stadium drop. Now if you have a good eye for shopping you can find it for under retail. It's a smart strategy, lets see how long it lasts.

I don't think that's the case, it's like @supermanblue79 said a few weeks ago. Sprinkle in the limited releases to tease the crowd, then they will be forced to buy the general release items (that we used to buy on clearance racks for 60% off) with the fear that they will miss out! Look at how people were going crazy for the crest. People was paying $500 $600 for it because of the hype still brewing from the stadium drop. Now if you have a good eye for shopping you can find it for under retail. It's a smart strategy, lets see how long it lasts.
So with that said, will the Alpine/Climb be a quiet general release like the Crest sweaters?

Damn, these new?

making some cheap slip-one for the loheads?

k-Swiss and southwest styles both went up on Macys today, but barely any sizes
wp_ss_20180201_0001.png
wp_ss_20180201_0003.png

I think they should have made the black and white more available. I kinda understand, don't agree with but understand, the limited aspect for the stadium and og SB due to the history, but the bw has no history to speak of...
I was hoping this might be the case as well.

If u want fitted cap sz small u can have mine. I bought it impulsively
That's dope of you, man. I actually wanted the black on black one, though. Thank you for the gesture, though. It's a damn shame that this is the closest I've come to scoring an item today.

Still salty as hell over all of this. The cheapest I'm seeing the pullover go for in my size is about $900, while the hoody & rugby are going for $500-$600 at the cheapest.

That's dope of you, man. I actually wanted the black on black one, though. Thank you for the gesture, though. It's a damn shame that this is the closest I've come to scoring an item today.

Still salty as hell over all of this. The cheapest I'm seeing the pullover go for in my size is about $900, while the hoody & rugby are going for $500-$600 at the cheapest.

just fight the impulse, man.

like all things, prices go down when attention/hype go down.

stadium stuff was crazy at first.

got the marsh coat for $50less than msrp.

2 months as weather warms up, folks start getting excited about sailing collection... There will be pullovers for $550-650. rugby for $300-350. Which is fair premium for someone selling and not terrible for the buyer.

I'm wondering if they made more or less snow beach than stadium stuff... My guess is we will see more global RL stock flood eBay in next couple weeks, which will drive down price since that stuff is usually hard (or impossible/not cost effective) to try and return.

Checked SR status on their website and it says my vest was cancelled!!!! **** me in ***!!!!!! I never received an email though.

Would not have been able to pull off the color snow beach collection at all and even some of the B&W pieces were loud for the style I currently rock. Was happy to hit on the B&W fitted today though because it’s a piece I could easily rock and I like the simplicity of it. Hope everyone in here gets what they want eventually from these releases. Sucks to hear mostly Ls had.

I was on pins and needles till I got the shipping confirmation from RL.com. I just received it and got the number one piece I wanted out of the whole collection (B/W Rugby, No hood) the most. I was on the site on 2 different devices as early as 7:15 this morning, so many refreshes, I swear it popped up at 8:59 on my Ipad first but I hit add to cart so damn fast I ended up carting 2 of them (total was like 490). I had to do a double take on the price on my computer cause it said only one was in my cart with that price. I ended up adding it again on my computer but the site wanted to act like my card information wasn't saved. I restarted check out and selected paypal and finally got to the checkout screen. Not sure if it helped but while it was loading I emptied the cart on my tablet. I hit process payment then the button grayed out and nothing happened. I noticed another button at the top of the screen so I hit that and the page finally reloaded but I got hit with a OOS message. Less than a minute later I get confirmations from Paypal and RL.

At that point I said **** it and prayed for the best, its been a long couple weeks and I know a lot of you guys (or girls?) are pissed at the ****ery that occurred for both releases, but appreciate everybody in here who shared tips, pics with sizing opinions, links (even the one's I aint get), and just stories in general. I dead *** would not have been able to succeed without ya'll's help. Peace to the older gods and I wish everybody success for the next release, hopefully Lif****z can get his **** in order moving forward. And to the new ******, feel free to contribute and get involved even when the hype isn't their

EDIT: The highlighted portion is Ralph's government name :lol:, NT censored it

Last edited:
y'all see this on IG? Looks like dude got the purple label p-wing already... Wonder what this will cost...

wp_ss_20180201_0006.png

also, looks like summer polo bear mugs (his and hers) hitting thr factory stores right now
wp_ss_20180131_0009.png

Back
Top Bottom