**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Some more upcoming heaters, found on IG, via vintageelements
IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg

Last edited:
i been tripping not being up in this thread... Fellow Lo head rocking the polo rugby sweater black/white today... I missed out on those brown Polo olympic boots wanted them soooo bad

I don't usually rock with RL footwear. Most of their designs seem like knockoffs aka the SB travel foxes: lol and my Ranger boots always need a reglue before they're worn out.

Revenue Problems are forcing Ralph Lauren to throw everything at trying to fix them. The Stadium release, Snowbeach release, and upcoming Sailing and Alpine/Climb releases, Bears releases will not be enough to stop the bleeding; especially, if these are all limited.

Ralph knows that the retro strategy gives a huge boost of excitement and sales each quarter, but it's only a brief solution to a much larger issue. It's good for people to have a chance to buy a piece of their own glory days (or someone else's glory days), but customers are having to jump to flaming hoops to purchase it. And it's mostly the items they don't even want from the collections to begin with. The problem for consumers is that there are enough of you on the same frequency to take control of RL's market.
If you retro want RL to release more size runs of of the collections, you have to as a group stop spending your strike-out money on the next best thing left on the RL site. Many people that struck out spent their money on the Olympic collection, sale items, ect. As long as RL sees that you are helping him clear out his inventory and create demand when you miss out on limited items, he is going continuing to keep the retro collections more and more limited. Start buying only the things that you do want from RL, and he'll be forced to release the collections that sell.

Revenue Problems are forcing Ralph Lauren to throw everything at trying to fix them. The Stadium release, Snowbeach release, and upcoming Sailing and Alpine/Climb releases, Bears releases will not be enough to stop the bleeding; especially, if these are all limited.

Ralph knows that the retro strategy gives a huge boost of excitement and sales each quarter, but it's only a brief solution to a much larger issue. It's good for people to have a chance to buy a piece of their own glory days (or someone else's glory days), but customers are having to jump to flaming hoops to purchase it. And it's mostly the items they don't even want from the collections to begin with. The problem for consumers is that there are enough of you on the same frequency to take control of RL's market.
If you retro want RL to release more size runs of of the collections, you have to as a group stop spending your strike-out money on the next best thing left on the RL site. Many people that struck out spent their money on the Olympic collection, sale items, ect. As long as RL sees that you are helping him clear out his inventory and create demand when you miss out on limited items, he is going continuing to keep the retro collections more and more limited. Start buying only the things that you do want from RL, and he'll be forced to release the collections that sell.

I think the limited retro and weird branding partners are experiments with new retail outlets (use of online and boutique retailers versus big box). They are also a get out of jail card being used to prop up the biz while they update their strategy as a whole. Retail as a sector is in complete flux and all large design houses are figuring it out. I think the new CEO has plans to revert back to RL being a luxury goods brand limiting its risks by not having too much tied to mass retailers like Macy’s, Bloomies, Marshall’s etc. I think 5-10 yrs from now we’ll see this brand has a completely different portfolio of sub brands and more direct interaction with its consumers. It’s what LVMH and others have done.

I think the limited retro and weird branding partners are experiments with new retail outlets (use of online and boutique retailers versus big box). They are also a get out of jail card being used to prop up the biz while they update their strategy as a whole. Retail as a sector is in complete flux and all large design houses are figuring it out. I think the new CEO has plans to revert back to RL being a luxury goods brand limiting its risks by not having too much tied to mass retailers like Macy’s, Bloomies, Marshall’s etc. I think 5-10 yrs from now we’ll see this brand has a completely different portfolio of sub brands and more direct interaction with its consumers. It’s what LVMH and others have done.
Well said.

Back
Top Bottom