B7B98C08-F4EA-4A0A-BEE0-54CDD953CE97.jpeg

Polo Red

A9E6A0F7-DE51-44F0-8959-97D1933F20BE.jpeg

Polo Red Intense

52AF9ADC-DC44-42A0-9BDE-8ACEF3CEF425.jpeg

Polo Red Extreme

Hmmm seems like 4 versions :ohwell:
Let me guess, your polo contacts told you other wise :rofl:

?? Why do you alway type the silliest things for people to buy into?? The whole point of an outlet is to receive past season product. The operative words being (past seasons) lol That varsity is past season, hence the outlets will 100% certainly get it. If this were left over limited stadium peices then that would be something to pause over

I'm not sure why you decide to troll posts. If you don't like them, you can ignore me or block them entirely.

Either you are poorly educated on "factory stores" or have been misled. Most product sold at the factory stores (all brands) is not leftover merchandise. It's mostly stuff made for the factory store, and not leftover. Depending on the brand, its anywhere from 50-75% all the way up to 90-95%.

There are a variety of business reasons for this... primarily -- a company cant plan marketing, distribution, etc around "leftover product". They cant ever be sure of what will sell or not sell, and that's not a way to run a large business. They also want to fill product niches and segments, and they don't want to do it with stuff that already sold poorly.

Even the department store "outlet" stores are mostly product made specifically for the outlet store, not leftover merchandise.

Gap Outlet = 100% stuff made for outlet, no old merchandise
Nordstrom Rack = 80% stuff made for outlet, 20% old stuff/end of season/etc from regular Nordstrom
You can find breakdowns for quite a few other brands out there. And just walking through a Polo Factory store will quickly show you that most of the product was made exclusively for the factory store...

I used to be all about the factory store. But its trash now
It's the exact opposite for me. I love what RL has done with the factory stores since he shut the doors on struggling flagship stores. The fact that product made for Ralph Lauren Europe was sold through the US factory stores is a very big deal. And it sold extremely well, which means that this will happen with other past season EU exclusive merchandise. There are some real gems that never made it stateside.

To me it seems that the quality of the merchandise sold in he factory stores isn’t up to par with the stuff you find in regular department stores and the .com. Which is why I don’t like buying from it. A shame since I live only about 20 min from a factory store.

To me it seems that the quality of the merchandise sold in he factory stores isn’t up to par with the stuff you find in regular department stores and the .com. Which is why I don’t like buying from it. A shame since I live only about 20 min from a factory store.

When is the last time you've been in a factory store? Like homie said above, they have stepped up what they carry considerably since most of the flagships closed. Unless the particular store by you just sucks.

Factory stores have been feast or famine forever for me. Sometimes it's got stuff and other times it doesnt. I will say that the last 2 years the good days have seemed better :smokin

People acting like factory stores have heat all day. Yea maybe a varsity jacket here and there but that stuff looks better on kids. Factory stores are for long sleeve horse tshirts and boxers mostly

I think a couple years ago, the factory stores were basically becoming like the Brooks Brother factory store.... mostly the regular/iconic/basics, but made in slightly cheaper fashion.

10 years ago, you'd find stuff in some stores that was real marked down merchandise from the Ralph Lauren primary stores. Used to grab some Rugby and Purple Label merchandise for great prices... grabbed a Purple Label, full cashmere crème overcoat... marked $3500, they had a rack of them down from the Chicago flagship, marked down to $600. everything in store was 50% off that day, grabbed it for $300. Amazing.

I don't think we'll get back to that ever again... but I think they'll be trying to make the Polo Factory stores more of a destination and more fashionable. If you go thru their last investor presentation, they are working to align the Ralph Lauren premium stores (ie: mansions) with the whole sale channel (dept stores) and the Factory Stores... basically bringing 3 different price points/shoppers products that can be aligned around themes/styles/etc.

Looks like they'll align on current product (like right now with the boathouse/ivy league stuff) between all 3 channels... with different products in each and some overlap. They'll also re-fire up some lines from the more premium segments and re-introduce it in the factory stores later (like the patchwork varsity stuff, the letterman jacket, etc.) My guess is this is the same production lines being asked to re-make these items, and in some cases, to do it cheaper and cut some corners... But on most of it, that's fine with me.

This week's pickups.

Stopped on cp-93 and gonna try grab some older limited stuff... Id imagine they won't redo the snow beach bucket hats, so wanted to grab those when a decent price showed up.

First day wearing RED RUSH and like it... More so than Ultra Blue. The blue is such a light line, great for alot of situations but the red line I prefer more for daily wear.

BA5F0394-39E6-4874-86EF-9E47E3CFED0A.jpeg

Getting real hostile in here, cant wait to smell the next iteration from the Red line, the original has been my go to for years

This year's u.s. open bear. Up on polo.com tshirt and sweatshirt for kids.

Usually bear wears items that will be for sale. Looks like pretty awesome stadium style red sweatshirt and a camp hat style us open red white blue hat.

9A1CDD3B-A99A-464C-8118-303A328936F1.png

New patchwork hat up too
D41DA421-A4C5-4E23-B59E-1987A4124AA5.png

Sometimes the kids stuff shows you what is coming up for adults.. Cause often times they'll align, sometimes not..

But look at all just went up for kids (boys) on polo.com

Crest sweatshirt
Ralph's garage work shirt (based on the coveralls from last year's fashion show)
New patchwork multi-colored hoodie
Hi tech rugby

E289D16D-9A18-4351-9078-06B12601CCCB.png
E3D27DDA-CF77-4E91-BB0D-10A66EBEE898.png
479E3108-2B32-4735-A878-7EDE8D96FD22.png
ACACB6FA-BFAD-4276-9D0F-60A2C34913A1.png
47A72713-D4F7-45F6-8F07-2A70B2ECE2AE.png

Attachments

• 8E7F6896-1638-46A5-8D6F-99F5F1D31FC3.png
    8E7F6896-1638-46A5-8D6F-99F5F1D31FC3.png
    719.9 KB · Views: 8
Back