**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

30% plus another 15% off on outerwear on polo.com

Ski 92 puffy jacket too

0721A9C8-2927-43E9-A603-4816F68C4679.png

I just picked up the Climb 93 hoodie ($100) at Macys on my lunch break. It actually came out to $60 because I returned the yellow cookie long sleeve tee. I plan to re-purchase the tee when it gets marked down at a later date. I'm so glad that I waited. When I talked to the RL company rep in September, he showed me the total number of units that RL produced on the Hi Tech line and I immediately knew that i would wait for below retail. For example, they produced 3000+ each of the Rafting , Climb, and Alpine polos. Even the Hi Tech pullover (originally $298 is now $178 at Macys. I saw a FSR of the crest turtleneck. I agree with jamesjyers jamesjyers : they produce a limited number of accessories and a boatload of apparel. I believe RL overestimated demand, and overproduced collections based on the Snow Beach and Stadium consumer response. In addition, the drops are too close and consumers pockets are not able to keep up. I believe poor quality has something to do with the lukewarm response., too.The RL rep told me that the company is not pleased with all these markdowns. Anyway, MACYS FRIENDS/FAMILY NOV. 29- DEC 10. 30% off. Carry on.:D

Last edited:
That’s Ralph’s fault. They over produced and over priced a lot of their items. And I wish the snow beach collection would sit. Resellers were all over that. Can’t compare snow beach to these other collections because of the insane hype snowbeach had since that Raekwon video. I hope this isn’t the end of retros though. Kinda wishing on a star they restock the snow beach lol

That’s Ralph’s fault. They over produced and over priced a lot of their items. And I wish the snow beach collection would sit. Resellers were all over that. Can’t compare snow beach to these other collections because of the insane hype snowbeach had since that Raekwon video. I hope this isn’t the end of retros though. Kinda wishing on a star they restock the snow beach lol
They will definitley come up with more snow beach and stadium because of thise reasons..probably why we are getting winter stadium

Last edited:
Overproduced, that's when you don't have to jump through hoops and get discounted right? I'm all for it :lol:

Oh I’m not complaining AT ALL. I haven’t brought ANY of the hi tech or ski stuff at full price. I’m waiting for the sale and the 30% I can tack on top so I can go ham. I want that hi tech pull over, that sui sweater, the damn hat, the climb hoodie and the hybrid jacket.

I just hope this doesn’t damper ralph on making more retro inspired lines. I don’t want things to be limited at all. It sucks for ralph since fsr are being discounted but it’s happy hunting!!

30% plus another 15% off on outerwear on polo.com

Ski 92 puffy jacket too

0721A9C8-2927-43E9-A603-4816F68C4679.png
Anyone think well get another sale bigger than this? I cant imagine black friday being THAT much greater. 2 coats I've been trying to get all year but I want them under 200

Yes, the RL rep said they are going out of their minds at the New York headquarters because the CP-93 gear was marked down across different channels (Macys, Bloomies, their own RL stores) . The company strategy was to sell through merchandise at full price. They got geeked off the Snow Beach and Stadium releases because everything sold out at full price. So they increased production because they figure we will buy anything especially if it is labeled "limited". But even some of the CP-93 limited gear was marked down. Now that the Hi Tech is 30-40% off, I'm sure Ralph is a raving lunatic right about now. :lol:

I think retros will continue BUT according to the RL rep, the company is considering making adjustments like Bill Belichick after halftime and decrease units/production. He said that the company will cut back on how many doors get collections and increase distribution through RL.com and their own stores. The Palace collab on the app only was a test to see what happens if they keep things in house. Last quarter, North America sales were down 1% but up in Asia and Europe.He said that they are quite upset that Macys Dillards Belk Lord&Taylor are marking down so much merchandise stuff is just sitting in their stores. Too bad ,so sad: I LOVE MARKDOWNS and COUPONS ! :D

Anyone think well get another sale bigger than this? I cant imagine black friday being THAT much greater. 2 coats I've been trying to get all year but I want them under 200

I’m trying to think of what last year’s BF sale was... I think it was something wack like “spend $___ get $____ off” or something

But it’s about time for that Hi Tech stuff to get permanently reduced... it’s been long enough and they have at least 2 more waves of collections about to drop before the new year

I’m trying to think of what last year’s BF sale was... I think it was something wack like “spend $___ get $____ off” or something

But it’s about time for that Hi Tech stuff to get permanently reduced... it’s been long enough and they have at least 2 more waves of collections about to drop before the new year
Thought it was 40 percent but I might be wrong, the same jacket I wanted last year was 170 and its on the site now for 230 with the current promo.

I just picked up the Climb 93 hoodie ($100) at Macys on my lunch break. It actually came out to $60 because I returned the yellow cookie long sleeve tee. I plan to re-purchase the tee when it gets marked down at a later date. I'm so glad that I waited. When I talked to the RL company rep in September, he showed me the total number of units that RL produced on the Hi Tech line and I immediately knew that i would wait for below retail. For example, they produced 3000+ each of the Rafting , Climb, and Alpine polos. Even the Hi Tech pullover (originally $298 is now $178 at Macys. I saw a FSR of the crest turtleneck. I agree with jamesjyers jamesjyers : they produce a limited number of accessories and a boatload of apparel. I believe RL overestimated demand, and overproduced collections based on the Snow Beach and Stadium consumer response. In addition, the drops are too close and consumers pockets are not able to keep up. I believe poor quality has something to do with the lukewarm response., too.The RL rep told me that the company is not pleased with all these markdowns. Anyway, MACYS FRIENDS/FAMILY NOV. 29- DEC 10. 30% off. Carry on.:D

High quality info, here. You didn't happen to peep how many units of the red/blue vest were produced, did you?

I am under the impression that one truly was limited, to an extent. And to all of the above, outside of the life Saver, I've yet to go in on even the most basic of the CP-93 line. Stuff is just laying around. The bay over saturated too. I'll time the market and then dive on the few joints I wanted. Same with the Hi Tech line, especially since I really didn't care for it, at the same time, want some new (unaged material) Hi Tech sweatshirts. So I'll move in mad late on that too. It's all about timing it before the pendulum swings back the other way. On thing that was truly limited, and now I'm at a reseller's mercy is the Staduim 92 Tee Shirt and the limited Sailing CP-93 Stars & Stripes T-shirt in XL-XXL.

Back
Top Bottom