**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I hope that this attitude toward the Japan Anorak is contagious. I'll have no problem buying another if people start letting go of them.

Yeah I know I'm just like I need an online % but the emails I've been getting from RRL are in store only and the stores can't even order them for me

First time I've ever heard of that all flagship stores can order anything online for a customer. Are you sure it's rrl and not denim and supply and post a pic of said vest with sku and ill get my sa on it

feel the same way about wearing a Japan anorak, I think the only piece I've seen that was country-themed I would rock is the Kenya rugby.

that was a nice rugby, but i never saw it in person. it's not on my search list, but if i come across it for a good price, then i would pick it up. but i would most likely debate on keeping it though lol

What about the reverse though? With all the crap that rednecks do to prominently display the sentiment of 'Murika, aren't you also tempted to feel self-conscious at times rocking USA pieces? Sometimes I'll be rocking some joint with a big USA spell out and wonder if any of the women on the train are looking at me thinking, "I bet that dude wants to overturn Roe v Wade" :lol:

ha, last yr took a road trip to west bubblefunk, PA and i was rocking a USA s/s. my friends were joking on my shirt considering all we saw we were rednecks, meanwhile i had the darkest skinned tone out of all of them lol

I hope that this attitude toward the Japan Anorak is contagious. I'll have no problem buying another if people start letting go of them.

you know my way of thinking regarding this stuff is a little off from others lol, besides i've only seen it pop up once for re-sale. people are holding on to that anorak.

No the flag trucker vest

Denim and supply any Macy's should have this and Macy's always have a sale like every other week

Last summer, a person on eBay was selling an entire sheet of 1992 plates, I think it sold for $1500+ ....I actually PM him and was able to buy a single one from him, but now I'm not sure what to do with it, originally I was going to frame it, but now idk.....what do you guys think

I remember hearing about that. I saw online somewhere someone was able to get 1 from him for $100. I'd like to have one...

I remember hearing about that. I saw online somewhere someone was able to get 1 from him for $100. I'd like to have one...

It was on eBay, He actually found the entire sheet at a thrift store, talk about a great find it was a total of like 45-50 plates, he kept 5 for himself and I offered to buy a single one from him...each plate if divided sold for about $50 or a little more when the auction ended ( I did the math) but I offered a little bit more

Yeah I know I'm just like I need an online % but the emails I've been getting from RRL are in store only and the stores can't even order them for me
Any store can order any item that you see online, it just depends if they can locate the size...I use the short hills store in NJ with all labels, they're not a flagship store so they're more likely to help out.

I'm curious to hear everyone's greatest find and greatest loss when it comes to Polo. I great find can be described as a great deal on an item you found in a thrift store, dept. store, online like eBay...etc. and a great loss maybe be something you had you regret selling or didn't take care of, sniped on eBay, something you just passed on, but realized later you love.

I will go first, greatest find: I got a nwot pwing rings hoodie on eBay for $200, gave the seller a BIN price and he accepted, he probably had know idea what the value is to other.
As far as losses I have to many....Lol, but I will share a brief assortment....Syms dept store was a very low key Polo spot back in the day, I actually couldn't even get into the store alone because you needed to be 21, and I was 16. So I begged my mom...anyway Syms had a least 10 different long bill hats mostly 93 fitteds all selling for the low price of......$9.99 and I didn't buy a single one, though I liked them I just wasn't into hat then.
One other notable loss is I passed up on a BIN pwing rings jacket (babe Ruth) on eBay for......$50, yep I was a fool, and my reasoning was I didn't want it in white...I could go on...but, it's your turn

Last summer, a person on eBay was selling an entire sheet of 1992 plates, I think it sold for $1500+ ....I actually PM him and was able to buy a single one from him, but now I'm not sure what to do with it, originally I was going to frame it, but now idk.....what do you guys think

i'll buy it off of you.

I'm curious to hear everyone's greatest find and greatest loss when it comes to Polo. I great find can be described as a great deal on an item you found in a thrift store, dept. store, online like eBay...etc. and a great loss maybe be something you had you regret selling or didn't take care of, sniped on eBay, something you just passed on, but realized later you love.

I got a sad story here.

3 years ago I wasnt really into Polo and didnt know the history behind the Polo Bear. My family had a Polo Bear towel with the Golfing bear on it which my grandmother had brought back from the states years ago. Anyways our family had a dog called Archie which was run over and killed after being chased into the street by another dog. We only had him for about 6 months. We brought him back from the vets and decided to bury him in the back garden. We wrapped him up in a towel with his head peaking out the top and buried him.

About a year and a half later after discovering my growing interest for polo items and finding about the Bear etc...I started asking my parents where that Polo Bear towel was. After some searching something clicked in my dads mind and he said he remembered burying our dog Archie with that Towel :frown:

Last edited:

My greatest find has to be the Polo tweed down vest with leather accents. (The regulars in the thread have seen this pic hundreds of times)

This is the one item that started my love for Ralph Lauren clothing.
I saw this years ago in 06' on a huge lighted poster in Macy's, and found that no stores carried it. Months later I contacted the flagship store and a sales rep notified me the item was sold out because inventory disappeared when Lebron James was photo'd wearing it. I found the item from an online seller brand new at half of retail. This is still my all-time favorite RL item.

My greatest loss is a certain jacket that I've been chasing for years. I know two people that own it both in the US. Hopefully one of them will get sick of me asking and sell to me before the year is out.

Last edited:
No the flag trucker vest

Denim and supply any Macy's should have this and Macy's always have a sale like every other week

Any store can order any item that you see online, it just depends if they can locate the size...I use the short hills store in NJ with all labels, they're not a flagship store so they're more likely to help out.

First time I've ever heard of that all flagship stores can order anything online for a customer. Are you sure it's rrl and not denim and supply and post a pic of said vest with sku and ill get my sa on it

I wasn't being patient since the Labor Day sale came up thought I was gonna miss out so winded up copping online smhhh

My greatest find has to be the Polo tweed down vest with leather accents. (The regulars in the thread have seen this pic hundreds of times)

This is the one item that started my love for Ralph Lauren clothing.
I saw this years ago in 06' on a huge lighted poster in Macy's, and found that no stores carried it. Months later I contacted the flagship store and a sales rep notified me the item was sold out because inventory disappeared when Lebron James was photo'd wearing it. I found the item from an online seller brand new at half of retail. This is still my all-time favorite RL item.

My greatest loss is a certain jacket that I've been chasing for years. I know two people that own it both in the US. Hopefully one of them will get sick of me asking and sell to me before the year is out.

Nice story, good things come to those who chase, Lol....great vest...lesson: if you keep looking you prob will find it

I got a sad story here.

3 years ago I wasnt really into Polo and didnt know the history behind the Polo Bear. My family had a Polo Bear towel with the Golfing bear on it which my grandmother had brought back from the states years ago. Anyways our family had a dog called Archie which was run over and killed after being chased into the street by another dog. We only had him for about 6 months. We brought him back from the vets and decided to bury him in the back garden. We wrapped him up in a towel with his head peaking out the top and buried him.

About a year and a half later after discovering my growing interest for polo items and finding about the Bear etc...I started asking my parents where that Polo Bear towel was. After some searching something clicked in my dads mind and he said he remembered burying our dog Archie with that Towel :frown:

Wow sad story to hear about your dog, good news is the Bear towels aren't hard to find...I still have 2 that I never used that I bought in the late 90's....you can find them in Ralph Lauren home products or in outlets

Does anyone who have the RRL selvedge officer chinos know if they stretch? Mine are getting a little tight since I went on a dreamer bulk in 2 months. Went from 130 lbs to 209.

Am I doomed? Should I just buy another pair? That's the one thing I dislike about these chinos are the poverty style buttons being sewed on cheaply, especially for a pair of pants that costed $200+.

That vest is always :pimp:

Last edited:
Does anyone who have the RRL selvedge officer chinos know if they stretch? Mine are getting a little tight since I went on a dreamer bulk in 2 months. Went from 130 lbs to 209.

Am I doomed? Should I just buy another pair? That's the one thing I dislike about these chinos are the poverty style buttons being sewed on cheaply, especially for a pair of pants that costed $200+.
That vest is always
pimp.gif
selvedge joints dont wont stretch that much they might start giving at the seams and start ripping or tearing. yes their chin buttons are a joke all my chinos have a broken button on them. thats why i always catch them on clearance 

I got a sad story here.

Who cares about an outlet towel - your dog died by getting hit by a car. That's so tragic. I've lost parents, grandparents, friends, and all that and handled it all pretty stoically. I'll be balling like a new born baby (where my Killa tape?) when my dog dies... even naturally, let alone unexpectedly. If all I had to bury her in was P-wing sweater, I wouldn't think twice.

if they are raw though, all the SA's that i've spoken to have said to expect at least a 1 inch stretch.
selvedge joints dont wont stretch that much they might start giving at the seams and start ripping or tearing. yes their chin buttons are a joke all my chinos have a broken button on them. thats why i always catch them on clearance 
if you do come across one i would size up bc they run small.
Came across this gem on eBay. I should have got it when I saw it.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom