**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Ralph's designers? Feels like it's a bunch of kids fresh out of school who have no sense of style, taste of subtlety. With a lot of the stuff that has come out in recent years, I wouldn't be surprised if he's very hands off of the brand at least at the "Blue Label" level.

I wasn't suggesting there was a small group of designers but there had to be a few stars like the Bear dude posted earlier.
I missed the post. I can see a few allstars definitley over there though. Got me wondering whos making this stuff now. Like..who made that ski jacket that is down goose in the front a sweater in the back LOL

The Lauren’s and their staff come up with the samples and then diffuse from there polo is a diffusion line it trickles down from the top and spreads accross the globe it takes the vision from the top and all the artists and designers to put together all these pieces we compete for that’s why there is something for everyone and lots of opportunities to join the team I know one of the girls at an rl store got to run the print shop at the us open and they were freaking the customs changing the colors putting multiple graphics and patches on one shirt to create true polo art you can wear if you really want to do your own thing you need approximately $1m to purchase a liscense from rl and you can then get your own designs approved and manufactured and if they sell cha Ching you now your own fashion house under the rl brand it’s way bigger than just selling tees like supreme but soon supreme will become that they were bought by a billion dollar hedge fund it’s big big global business

The Lauren’s and their staff come up with the samples and then diffuse from there polo is a diffusion line it trickles down from the top and spreads accross the globe it takes the vision from the top and all the artists and designers to put together all these pieces we compete for that’s why there is something for everyone and lots of opportunities to join the team I know one of the girls at an rl store got to run the print shop at the us open and they were freaking the customs changing the colors putting multiple graphics and patches on one shirt to create true polo art you can wear if you really want to do your own thing you need approximately $1m to purchase a liscense from rl and you can then get your own designs approved and manufactured and if they sell cha Ching you now your own fashion house under the rl brand it’s way bigger than just selling tees like supreme but soon supreme will become that they were bought by a billion dollar hedge fund it’s big big global business
mind explaining this more
and giving and example of work ur friend did???

mind explaining this more
and giving and example of work ur friend did???

they changed the tennis slam man lettering to the og yellow on the navy shirts and to royal blue on the white shirts and were just grabbing as many patches they had and sewing them on all over they had cookies and shields and bears everywhere you could imagine bet each polo classic fit loaded up like that would run close to $500 after all the patches they were doing

as far as licensing goes you'll have to research that on your own to understand how it truly works but if you're going to start with a million investment and want to keep your license to make money in the future start small socks gloves hats tees try to get back some dough and expand from there you don't want be left holding a stack of big ticket items no one bought

The Lauren kids admitted on Oprah's interview of Ralph that they don't wear the brand in their
personal lives. They should not be making or picking samples then. No disrespect. You are presenting yourself to the world wearing
other brands that Polo is competing with. The goal is to persuade as many people as possible to choose Polo over the other brands.
Being from a family of wealth, you do not need to emphasize lifestyle. You can dress down as most wealthy people do
because your wealth and status precedes your appearance.

A person who chooses Polo to represent themselves against the other choices should be designing the samples.
If his family wore Polo, they would not have let what designers did to the ski collection, be released to the public.
That was so embarassing. But Polo is a diffusion brand and not high fashion such as Purple Label.
So I get the feeling, they want Polo purists to buy the cheaper retros or opt for the Purple Label.

I deduce the minute Ralph passes away, the Polo brand will be sold (by his children) to a conglomerate like LVMH or Kering.
Only then will it go back to the quality of the 80s and 90s. Outlets and retailers will be shut out and Polo will be
purchased from Flagship stores and online only.

Thats my opinion.

Last edited:
The Lauren kids admitted on Oprah's interview of Ralph that they don't wear the brand in their
personal lives. They should not be making or picking samples then. No disrespect. You are presenting yourself to the world wearing
other brands that Polo is competing with. The goal is to persuade as many people as possible to choose Polo over the other brands.
Being from a family of wealth, you do not need to emphasize lifestyle. You can dress down as most wealthy people do

A person who chooses Polo to represent themselves against the other choices should be designing the samples.
If his family wore Polo, they would not have let what designers did to the ski collection, be released to the public.
That was so embarassing. But Polo is a diffusion brand and not high fashion such as Purple Label.
So I get the feeling, they want Polo purists to buy the cheaper retros or opt for the Purple Label.

I deduce the minute Ralph passes away, the Polo band will be sold (by his children) to a conglomerate like LVMH or Keiring.
Only then will it go back to the quality of the 80s and 90s. Outlets and retailers will be shut out and Polo will be

Thats my opinion.
so if i own mcdonalds
i cant eat at chic fi la????

I deduce the minute Ralph passes away, the Polo brand will be sold (by his children) to a conglomerate like LVMH or Keiring.

Thats my opinion.
if had a 5 billion id be wearing someone else's stuff too also rule number one never get high on your own supply and never sell your income they are already publicly traded and the more it gets watered down the worst it will get not better my friend lets hope this scenario never happens or it will end up in target

if had a 5 billion id be wearing someone else's stuff too also rule number one never get high on your own supply and never sell your income they are already publicly traded and the more it gets watered down the worst it will get not better my friend lets hope this scenario never happens or it will end up in target

The French and Italians would love to own thee all american fashion brand that is Ralph Lauren.
They will kill off all those pesky outlets and third party retailers.
Now Polo will be made in America and only found at the flagship stores.

The cp rl 93 sailing jacket will feel different made in America by the guys who own LV or Gucci.
Prices will go up and supply will go down. Quality will return.
Adding an All American brand to their portfolio would be a huge aquisition.

If it ends up in Target, then the people at RL just chose the biggest check.

The French and Italians would love to own thee all american fashion brand that is Ralph Lauren.
They will kill off all those pesky outlets and third party retailers.
Now Polo will be made in America and only found at the flagship stores.

The cp rl 93 sailing jacket will feel different made in America by the guys who own LV or Gucci.
Prices will go up and supply will go down. Quality will return.
Adding an All American brand to their portfolio would be a huge aquisition.

If it ends up in Target, then the people at RL just chose the biggest check.

did you just give away our Gucci to foreigners shame on you rico cmon let me see a mock up of some stadium bike gloves you good at that stuff b

did you just give away our Gucci to foreigners shame on you rico cmon let me see a mock up of some stadium bike gloves you good at that stuff b
Too late . I will see if I can saturday. I would need to find a glove silouette for the software. Maybe by Saturday.

super limited ralphie trying to squeeze the big bucks out of us with that one bet you can get one of his plane ones have one of the sneaker painters do a custom for under a g.... keep yourself rich ralphie got plenty already
They did a favor, that jacket ugly

Pac & Big ain’t in my top 5 HOLLA!!

And lets bring the lists back to the hip hop thread. I posted mine over there. I know not everybody into it as much as some of us. If I started flooding the Hip Hop thread with Ralph I’d get paragraphs of complaints. I could talk pre 2000 Hip Hop all night.

P.$. Pac > Big
79648D0E-8D7E-4068-ABE8-73160CA3782C.jpeg

the problem right now there's no good new lo
I was thinking this earlier. What is next? The spring sailing stuff? For some reason spring sailing stuff is boring to me right now. Maybe because it’s still so early in the winter and we didn’t really get anything too great. The p racing was kinda underwhelming.

ur list bout to be trash
I have listened to a lot of dope hip hop in my time on this earth man.
Sorry you playing yourself if you limit yourself to those 2 in every list.
Pac I can see because he made a lot of dope albums and could rap maybe not as technical as BIG but his passion was special and his life was a movie he wasn’t faking the funk. Even if he did start out as a art student.

But BIG had a classic first album his second album had filler but was good. The albums after that all decent but to be fair it was cut and paste because he was gone. BIG was bull****tin half his life. His Moms even said he was fronting. There are numerous things that we later find didn’t match up with BIG’s stories. People who think BIG is top 5 are entitled to do so but I don the see it.

From the words of the legendary Fatlip...

Back
Top Bottom