**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Hey guys, standalone stores opened up near me, decided I'd try to share some love for this thread since in the relatively short time I've been here it's taught me a lot & helped me grab some items I otherwise wouldn't have been able to:

IMG_8569.JPG

Have a few sizes {EDIT: updating inventory as they're claimed}:
- [1] M
- [1] XL

They fit roomy pretty much a full size up as far as I can tell. All NWT PM me and we can work something out before I eventually throw them up on ebay.

I also have a few "defects" sweaters that are ripped near the side seam pockets, NWT but they came like that from the store, would be willing to let those go for a reasonable price as well [1 Small, 2 Medium]. Don't even want to post the pictures of them here though, it's tragic :emoji_dizzy_face:

Did you buy these solely to flip?

B
I know I’m late to the party on this one, but the Hi Tech patch is what screamed at me first. And the snow beach patch. One in my hand is the poor bootleg floating around. Rack Lo makes one much better. Still, none can touch the official Ralph Patch. Even the retro Ralph patches are better, (though even they are a half step down from the OG). The one laying on the table in this pic is the real. Compare the two.

OG is the only one I'll eff with, now, though Rack really does make a decent patch (Rack's is not pictured). Rack's last the long term rigidity or the Ralphy versions, but DOES look 90% as good as Ralphs.

I collect them all, tried it all, but never would I push my home-made bootleg without saying that is what is was. That is how I can spot someone doing the same thing. The one or two times I did sell something, I just advertised it as "a good sweatshirt for someone needing a shirt. Oh, by the way I applied these patches, but they are not real. " Plus the price reflected that I was simply selling a "sweatshirt", not some "lost mystical sample". Big difference between $25.00 shipped and $2000 gs. Someone right now in Vermont is doing yard work dipped in fake, decently priced Hi Tech. LOL.

656C6292-C904-41BA-96B0-5BD7F3789630.jpeg

That jacket is a prim example of trash trying hard not to trash. Never was a snow beach fan anyway and things like this done help (I do like the og pants and the new black line).
Sir You or do not make “bootlegs” but personal customs. I’ve never seen you try to pass anything off or scam anybody fame.
Always kept it a 1000✊🏾

These are mine (nfs) I have rl patches from as far back as 1987 up until today from every line rl has made. Chaps,American living,rugby rrl polo jeans ect I have something from them all and the quality has been up and down like the cyclone at cony island...
F70D3368-CA0E-4976-8A21-D4C9525B22A7.jpeg
8EDA1EAB-862E-4A0D-9197-02C456F98D51.jpeg

The rugby store was my spot
I would got just to get patches and that it.
Recently the prince st store in nyc started the patch option back up (is it still going on????)
And again there was some stand outs and some duds
F58A0078-ACE7-47F5-9310-5490D623DF2A.jpeg
01565C13-694D-4846-8AD4-075DE7F9C6AD.jpeg
CDD8B57B-48C7-4106-9BAC-701657FD9368.jpeg

I like doing my own cause sometimes Ralph just don’t be killing it like he use to especially recently. It’s more hit or miss with mostly miss in the last few years imo.
Just one of mine. Yup cut up a outlet exclusive
Souvenir polo just to make a navel buttoned up and hat.
DD621D4E-A105-4608-83D9-A8FC891C373E.jpeg

Everything about that jacket screams fake plan and simple. The stock xx tag make it more so.

Very insightful, there's a definitely a history in that sector of the Lo game as well (as far as bootlegs and custom patches are concerned). Very interesting, thanks for the information!

Speaking of Rack Lo... Just copped his book came in yesterday!

IMG_1013.PNG
More so bootleg Teddy sweaters than any rl patches.a lot of the recent “New retro” looks like nothing but bootlegs with the worse quality imaginable
Those books are fantastic but it’s one you’re like most are missing and that’s og haz uno pictorial book. Thirst is a global shout out and rack is a history guide. I’m in thirst book
680020B8-D31C-456C-B1F3-2A41348DF334.jpeg

Me and @dallaspenn are the only decepticons
Representing from our perspective
I tell tom and thirst they should do a audio book of all the interviews they did.

Did you buy these solely to flip?

Might keep one of the "defect" mediums for myself, I'm not big into loud coloured polo stuff but I knew that these were rare/in demand. I was going in to a store 25 min away to pickup a pair of myles puff shoes so I didn't have to pay shipping & they ended up having 6 of these buried in the back of their polo section, not sure anyone in here would've passed at that opportunity given the prices I've seen some people charging for these.

I will add tho that they are quality materials & build but the fact that 3 different sweaters all had almost identical rip patterns leads me to believe the side pocket seams are super delicate & if you own one of these you've gotta be a little careful taking it on and off.

1592836834969.png

Bought it to match the BMX hoodie last year.

1592837015142.png

Current average market value.
I think I have a good opinion on quality.

Last edited:
20200622_114942.jpg 20200622_114907.jpg
Copped this for the low recently and went down the rabbit hole of Polo Countty label. Long story short, ran across a post where dude referred to himself as a Lo Pro saying he wears nothing but lo head to toe all day everyday. Shoes, drawers and anything in between. Never heard the term before.

More so bootleg Teddy sweaters than any rl patches.a lot of the recent “New retro” looks like nothing but bootlegs with the worse quality imaginable
Those books are fantastic but it’s one you’re like most are missing and that’s og haz uno pictorial book. Thirst is a global shout out and rack is a history guide. I’m in thirst book
680020B8-D31C-456C-B1F3-2A41348DF334.jpeg

Me and @dallaspenn are the only decepticons
Representing from our perspective
I tell tom and thirst they should do a audio book of all the interviews they did.
When is the movie coming out tho?

B

That jacket is a prim example of trash trying hard not to trash. Never was a snow beach fan anyway and things like this done help (I do like the og pants and the new black line).
Sir You or do not make “bootlegs” but personal customs. I’ve never seen you try to pass anything off or scam anybody fame.
Always kept it a 1000✊🏾

These are mine (nfs) I have rl patches from as far back as 1987 up until today from every line rl has made. Chaps,American living,rugby rrl polo jeans ect I have something from them all and the quality has been up and down like the cyclone at cony island...
F70D3368-CA0E-4976-8A21-D4C9525B22A7.jpeg
8EDA1EAB-862E-4A0D-9197-02C456F98D51.jpeg

The rugby store was my spot
I would got just to get patches and that it.
Recently the prince st store in nyc started the patch option back up (is it still going on????)
And again there was some stand outs and some duds
F58A0078-ACE7-47F5-9310-5490D623DF2A.jpeg
01565C13-694D-4846-8AD4-075DE7F9C6AD.jpeg
CDD8B57B-48C7-4106-9BAC-701657FD9368.jpeg

I like doing my own cause sometimes Ralph just don’t be killing it like he use to especially recently. It’s more hit or miss with mostly miss in the last few years imo.
Just one of mine. Yup cut up a outlet exclusive
Souvenir polo just to make a navel buttoned up and hat.
DD621D4E-A105-4608-83D9-A8FC891C373E.jpeg

Everything about that jacket screams fake plan and simple. The stock xx tag make it more so.

FIRE patch collect! 'Preciate the shout. Yeah, customize away, I say. The only thing that Snow Beach guy did wrong is the MAIN thing; he faked the funk and tried to pass it off on the people. And the dumbest thing is the main people who are going to know is his core buying audience. It's like in the Benz world, changing an S320 to a S600. The MAIN people to spot it will be BENZ guys!

Back
Top Bottom