**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Here in Los Angeles I flipped the script: instead of battling for pieces in Macys and the RL store, I have found unbelievable gems in Goodwill and Craigslist. Don't judge me; the hunt is the thrill :emoji_sunglasses:
Old school moves. If you willin' to put in a full afternoon of work, and still come up with nothing, but maybe a BIG one thing, Goodwill is that blessing. I looked at it as free fun, (if I found nothing), and cheap fun if I found something. Best come ups was a pristine authentic vintage Gucci sweatshirt, ($2.50 and flipped on the bay for $88.00, and even the old 80's swap-meet bootleg joints bring bank, now), a men's OG Ralphy sit-down bear buried in the womens section, $2.50 ( ALWAYS comb through the women's sweaters in Goodwill if you do this Lo thing. The employees don't be knowing whats up), a mens classic Ralphy shawl neck, seaman's style, $189.00 tags still on it for $15.00, (still rock that in winter, sippin' bourbon) and an OG HI-Tech jacket for $2.50, I believe. OXed the patch for my use, flipped the too small jacket for like $25.00 on da bay.

Fest or famine. Some days nothing. Other days gold mine. Haven't been in one since the 'Rona, but it's cheap fun. Not to mention the rest of the store.

New pic-ups alert: Operation - 'Kill Em with the Plainness.'

The new ones are the rain coat, the P2 polo and the green Hi Tech Sweatshirt. All OG 1991- 1992 releases. The sweatshirts; uber-rare and, (thankfully), neglected when they do pop up once every three years. Most cats in the game now have never even seen one, much less own two. The blue one is my first I’ve own since about ‘06, and I live in it in the winters, and boy does it show. Collar and cuffs are ate up, re-dyed, re-patched, forever fresh. Will never leave my clutches.

The white P2 was actually a mistake. I was watching an XL and a L popped up and, for some reason, I put it on my watchlist, too. An offer I could not refuse hit my inbox, accept-don’t-think, and realized I had bought the large. Oh well, in the collect may pump it later, may just enjoy the ownership.

Now, the 1991 raincoat; AMAZING! When people talk about “blue label used to be ultra quality”, this is what they are talking about! The details are amazing. Ralph truly doesn’t make ‘em like this anymore, until you get to RRL or Purple Label, (or his military inspired, no-logo blue label). This instantly one of my favorite pieces, and a "bury me with this Lo on" never flipper.

Needless to say, I’m pleased with this haul.

On last note, and I've noticed this with especially with vintage Hi Tech; Ralph mixing symbols across lines and years is rampant now, but not entirely new. He did it on several items with the Hi-Tech patch just randomly thrown on an item and vice versa, a Hi Tech item with another lines item thrown on it. This P2 polo is a prime example. P2 and Hi Tech had nothing to d with each other, but there it is, in the vintage flesh. This is not a custom.

A6360149-7000-4E63-8AD9-F4BBB3A24340.jpeg
D4F84626-B97B-472B-BDE8-88B8C570AD19.jpeg
57B022EB-3A28-4956-B46B-CFD40403AC8F.jpeg
6F97F6CE-84A7-4008-A119-B0FFA8E69B91.jpeg
0F007E92-826A-4318-9280-9DF3D6497B79.jpeg
15B32701-4200-418F-9939-36DB33F83111.jpeg
B26C3E80-C655-4B8D-A279-331B30692F7F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hahah oh man... after reading about the repatching/redyeing/meticulous care for that sweatshirt you would DOG me if you saw the flannel I just pulled off eBay. Let's just say I prefer a more worn out look. I'll post a picture when it comes in hahah

Hahah oh man... after reading about the repatching/redyeing/meticulous care for that sweatshirt you would DOG me if you saw the flannel I just pulled off eBay. Let's just say I prefer a more worn out look. I'll post a picture when it comes in hahah
OH, then you would LOVE the blue Hi Tech sweatshirt. I did do all of that to maintain it, and STILL, wear is wear, and in the last 10 years, (coupled with it being 26 years old) it is finally dogged out with that "distressed" look. And that is exactly how I rock it. Now, the green will be reserved for NWOT tags posterity, but bump into me in Wal Mart, and don't be surprised to see a dude in a "distressed" Hi Tech sweatshirt. Just at a glance, it's presentable (see pics).

Old school moves. If you willin' to put in a full afternoon of work, and still come up with nothing, but maybe a BIG one thing, Goodwill is that blessing. I looked at it as free fun, (if I found nothing), and cheap fun if I found something. Best come ups was a pristine authentic vintage Gucci sweatshirt, ($2.50 and flipped on the bay for $88.00, and even the old 80's swap-meet bootleg joints bring bank, now), a men's OG Ralphy sit-down bear buried in the womens section, $2.50 ( ALWAYS comb through the women's sweaters in Goodwill if you do this Lo thing. The employees don't be knowing whats up), a mens classic Ralphy shawl neck, seaman's style, $189.00 tags still on it for $15.00, (still rock that in winter, sippin' bourbon) and an OG HI-Tech jacket for $2.50, I believe. OXed the patch for my use, flipped the too small jacket for like $25.00 on da bay.

Fest or famine. Some days nothing. Other days gold mine. Haven't been in one since the 'Rona, but it's cheap fun. Not to mention the rest of the store.
REAL TALK. OLD SCHOOL MOVES. You and I are from the same era (I graduated from an HBCU Virginia Union c/0 1995). Coming from L.A., the yard was full of brothas from New York, Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Wash DC immersed in RL culture. EVERYBODY had Cookie boots. I was blown away because I was the only cat in LA rocking LO consistently. After I learned the lay of the land, I spent every weekend at Cavalier's Men Shop, Hecht's, Dillard's, Macy's. The nearest RL store was in DC, so when we would go hang out at Howard, I would always stop at the store. When I would make road trips to Atlanta, Tennessee, West Virginia all of my Sigma bros were dipped in LO. When I learned about Goodwill, I was a made man. Finding unbelievable pieces for almost 30 years now.

REAL TALK. OLD SCHOOL MOVES. You and I are from the same era (I graduated from an HBCU Virginia Union c/0 1995). Coming from L.A., the yard was full of brothas from New York, Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Wash DC immersed in RL culture. EVERYBODY had Cookie boots. I was blown away because I was the only cat in LA rocking LO consistently. After I learned the lay of the land, I spent every weekend at Cavalier's Men Shop, Hecht's, Dillard's, Macy's. The nearest RL store was in DC, so when we would go hang out at Howard, I would always stop at the store. When I would make road trips to Atlanta, Tennessee, West Virginia all of my Sigma bros were dipped in LO. When I learned about Goodwill, I was a made man. Finding unbelievable pieces for almost 30 years now.
Me and my manz from KSU ran out to Virginia Beach and kicked it HARD in '99. We were in your neck of the woods, but you were gone. That would have been a live town to go to an HBCU, too. Cheers, brotha.

Lo and Timbs on the beach.
83BECF6C-F6EB-4ACD-A299-8C5E0EC27E51.jpeg

Fall purchase:
Came across the salesman sample of my favorite RL item from the 2017: The 2017 Iconic Patchwork Cardigan.

What I didn't know is that Ralph intended the cardigan sweater that released to be a Sportcoat/Jacket with reinforced canvas lining and inside pockets. There is no "Discover + Explore" script, Only the Totem Bird logo. There is also Rope holding the Toggles instead of wool yarn. It's shocking how much the $1250.00 production version was scaled down from this sample, but great to own an example of RL's best work.
20200919_210949.jpg

20200919_210755.jpg

Last edited:
Fall purchase:
Came across the salesman sample of my favorite RL item from the 2017: The 2017 Iconic Patchwork Cardigan.

What I didn't know is that Ralph intended the cardigan sweater that released to be a Sportcoat/Jacket with reinforced canvas lining and inside pockets. There is no "Discover + Explore" script, Only the Totem Bird logo. There is also Rope holding the Toggles instead of wool yarn. It's shocking how much the $1250.00 production version was scaled down from this sample, but great to own an example of RL's best work.
20200919_210949.jpg

20200919_210755.jpg

😳😳😳😳😳🥃 drink up my friend
keep hunting and sniping

Ignore the non contributors and pee pee kissers. There just distractions from the topic at hand. Surround yourself with innovators and trend setters not not trend followers.

D8BF6A95-D574-4384-9671-372DD830C126.jpeg

Some words from my brother solace from the group timeless truth.
When I wore this jacket almost a decade ago in the “Wherever We Go” video, my vision was to turn it into the modern-day Snow Beach. To hear that it was put on display at the Polo Mansion in London with credits to my work on the glass casing was mind blowing.

I only wish the good folks at ralphlauren would’ve told me about this directly instead of me finding out through the Internets. Makes me wonder if this jacket would’ve ever received the museum treatment if I never planned for it to be revered the way it now is...

For those that don’t know, this jacket actually went on clearance back when it came out after sitting online for quite some time. This is just a testament to our influence and a reminder that we are the ones who pump value into these brands, not the other way around. 💡 #superbadsolace #Japanorak #Sc2
-
8550B792-D64F-461C-8ABF-A734191F94DF.jpeg

783A4CF7-AB3B-4DA0-9506-DF3AB62277FF.jpeg

Another dope *** day building with my premos the truth brothers
Hess,krash,solace and o-prime @ there video shoot.

Last edited:
Fall purchase:

20200919_210949.jpg

20200919_210755.jpg

Yeah this is a dope peice, I grabbed this and the Kanye (cowboy) swear last year (30% off)

I didn’t realize they were charging $1200, it was marked down too 5xx.xx and then 30%, though it doesn’t hold a candle to your piece.

the “take a hike” message on the pocket I could do without though.....

1600638257909.png

The P racing coat in a new color with different patches.
Looks of for 200.00 but they will try and get 499.00
I like that its not branded too much.

Last edited:
1600638257909.png

The P racing coat in a new color with different patches.
Looks of for 200.00 but they will try and get 499.00
I like that its not branded too much.
Not just "heat" on this last page, but "lifestyle".

On this joint pictured, talk about K "swiss". Love the new take on the shield.

Back
Top Bottom