**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

It's funny these last few posts about do/do not remix it, cause I logged on to post this goofy thing;

56A9747A-5388-4630-8625-7275F1A6F09A.jpeg

Meeehhh... for $55.00 in my size? One is almost obligated to cop. But truth be told, I just can't rock with these Crayola colors. That screaming yellow hood and that green front pocket is all I can see in the mirror. There will be a laying of hands. And then I log in and you guys are talking about removing letters/painting/dying/drying, "do or do not, there is no try (lol)"... interesting read. LOL.

Patch comes off, Rit dye remover to tone down the colors, then a solid-color re-dye. The patch will go back on, probably on the arm. Believe it or not, I can live with the letters down the sleeve, although I am mad curious about the process of removing them. I don't plan to, but... who knows.

I don't flip Polo anymore, so resell value is of no concern. Oddly enough, this new-style "Old Navy" material blend they used is comfortable as ****! I'm wearing this thing as I type, and man, this thing feels great. I wasn't expecting that.
Guess I'll close the loop on this;

Before;

After:

A58E8CC1-858B-4B22-ACBC-04608412EF2E.jpeg

Toned down, muted, much more real-world-rockable (for me). (No stains; vivid filter made a slight discoloration really pop on the left sleeve in the photo. Don't notice it with the naked eye. (Funny, I was trying to excise colors I'm not fond of, and wound up with a maroon sleeve; a color I am not fond of. LOL)

Honestly, I would have just stopped after taking that patch off the chest. That alone gave this joint SO much more symmetry. And then there was that easter-green front pocket. If not for that, I would've let it live, yellow hood and all. So, on with the dye process it was. Biggest surprise was the yellow "Hi Tech" lettering turning brownish-black like they were made that way!
D4D4F774-3FBB-4859-B453-219384A5AFC2.jpeg

The "fail" was the white "POLO", which came out looking "weathered". Will play with later or just leave it.
965FFA53-99C4-43C0-B0A0-13FE77C43306.jpeg

Hood now the same olive green as the Robin Hood Snow Beach! Wasn't going for that, but just an added bonus.
5F9E8E1F-AE22-4346-AB67-AC36AF105F8F.jpeg

Cons;
Not festive
Not vibrant
doesn't pop

Pros;
Good

Last edited:
Why did the dye stain the screen printed words ??thats odd
And why the the hood strings did not change whatsoever? I used Rit Synthetic Dye for the Polyester blend. The answer is: you just don’t know exactly WHAT you are going to get, and exactly which materials they used. Some change dramatically, some right, some all wrong, some not at all.

And why the the hood strings did not change whatsoever? I used Rit Synthetic Dye for the Polyester blend. The answer is: you just don’t know exactly WHAT you are going to get, and exactly which materials they used. Some change dramatically, some right, some all wrong, some not at all.
I’ve been trying to study dying clothing on YouTube for the last few years, I’ve been really interested in this. I almost bought a red pwing sweatshirt just a dye it navy but I was too nervous because I knew there would be no way I could preserve the white stripe on the
sleeves, collar and waste hem

Usually the ink doesn’t affect the screen printing and I guess it depends what kind of material the strings are also. But the text on that sweatshirt it’s not regular chalky screen print right? It’s more like a rubbery print? Maybe it affects that material differently also. Props tho..only way to get good at things is to practice and test right?

Last edited:
Yea seems like they are getting pulled from everywhere, maybe to send to outlets
I hope that the ramaining 2022 Olympics Collection is sold in outlets, especially the higher tier items that were unsold. The only problem is that the majority of the collection has already been in Outlet Stores since before the Games started. I don't think RL will destroy it, but may instead sell it off to discount chains like Ross/Maxx/Marshall's.

Guess I'll close the loop on this;

Before;

After:

Toned down, muted, much more real-world-rockable (for me). (No stains; vivid filter made a slight discoloration really pop on the left sleeve in the photo. Don't notice it with the naked eye. (Funny, I was trying to excise colors I'm not fond of, and wound up with a maroon sleeve; a color I am not fond of. LOL)

Honestly, I would have just stopped after taking that patch off the chest. That alone gave this joint SO much more symmetry. And then there was that easter-green front pocket. If not for that, I would've let it live, yellow hood and all. So, on with the dye process it was. Biggest surprise was the yellow "Hi Tech" lettering turning brownish-black like they were made that way!

The "fail" was the white "POLO", which came out looking "weathered". Will play with later or just leave it.

Hood now the same olive green as the Robin Hood Snow Beach! Wasn't going for that, but just an added bonus.

Cons;
Not festive
Not vibrant
doesn't pop

Pros;
Good
Ive had this same hoodie for about 2 or 3 years and I've yet to wear it or find a day to wear it.. the dye job looks good 👍 . I wouldn't do that to mine but it came out decent...

I hope that the ramaining 2022 Olympics Collection is sold in outlets, especially the higher tier items that were unsold. The only problem is that the majority of the collection has already been in Outlet Stores since before the Games started. I don't think RL will destroy it, but may instead sell it off to discount chains like Ross/Maxx/Marshall's.

They wont destroy it. Just swap 2028 patches and probably raise the price smh.

Ive had this same hoodie for about 2 or 3 years and I've yet to wear it or find a day to wear it.. the dye job looks good 👍 . I wouldn't do that to mine but it came out decent...
I keep catching them out there slipping, so I may cop another and leave it alone just for the collection. And this thing feels GREAT. The weight, the blend, just feels really good.

I’ve been trying to study dying clothing on YouTube for the last few years, I’ve been really interested in this. I almost bought a red pwing sweatshirt just a dye it navy but I was too nervous because I knew there would be no way I could preserve the white stripe on the

Usually the ink doesn’t affect the screen printing and I guess it depends what kind of material the strings are also. But the text on that sweatshirt it’s not regular chalky screen print right? It’s more like a rubbery print? Maybe it affects that material differently also. Props tho..only way to get good at things is to practice and test right?
Run down to Goodwill, buy items similar to the graphics of the Pwing, and go mad scientist on it. I personally would expect some sort of affect to the Pwing graphic , and not to the good, (see my white polo letters) . Surely there e would be SOME sort of staining or damage, (see my white polo letters). Even *I* wouldn’t try that one!

Run down to Goodwill, buy items similar to the graphics of the Pwing, and go mad scientist on it. I personally would expect some sort of affect to the Pwing graphic , and not to the good, (see my white polo letters) . Surely there e would be SOME sort of staining or damage, (see my white polo letters). Even *I* wouldn’t try that one!
Im just waiting on ralph to drop the blue pwing collection. You can make a custom one on rl.com but you cant get rid of the text inside the graphic ”polo92”

This chick re-dyed an old sublime graphic tshirt and the graphic was unharmed.

Im pretty sure its because its screen print and a commenter said the same.

DAF527AE-BAF9-46AB-BAF7-0871EA671418.jpeg

Im pretty positive the dye affects the rubbery stuff differently and its technically not screen print. Im Just too scared to take the chance and like i said the white on the cuffs, collar, hem would be impossible to keep white

After:

Cons;
Not festive
Not vibrant
doesn't pop

Pros;
Good
Mad scientist (I would have put the patch back on the chest but I’m not mad at it on the arm.
Why did the dye stain the screen printed words ??thats odd

Depending on the ratios of dye,water,temperature
What type of of process are the letters applyed and is it vinyl,water based plastisol
All these factors mean something and effect the out come.

In the pic the draw string looks like it got darker as opposed to the un-dyed string.
And the spellout is a easy fix. A 00. 02. Brush and titanium white aqua tex acrylic paint. Quick heat set w/ a hairdryer on hottest settings then turn inside out 30 min in the dryer. Wha lah!!

Again the process! Is the iteam silkscreened,DTG, sublimation and yes practice and more practice is key. Trial and error. I have a few classic jimmy hindrix tees I would airbrush before I dye them.
FYI dye-right is the truth,that’s what the pros use and it comes in Pantone colors plus they update their palette 🎨
Pertaining the pwing imo I wouldn’t do it unless I’m go all out and that’s take it to a seamstress or tailor to remove and re attache the collar and cuffs so they are not dyed. Just do the custom on RL.com if you not going to bang out. Jmo
Im just waiting on ralph to drop the blue pwing collection. You can make a custom one on rl.com but you cant get rid of the text inside the graphic ”polo92”

This chick re-dyed an old sublime graphic tshirt and the graphic was unharmed.

Im pretty sure its because its screen print and a commenter said the same.

DAF527AE-BAF9-46AB-BAF7-0871EA671418.jpeg

Im pretty positive the dye affects the rubbery stuff differently and its technically not screen print. Im Just too scared to take the chance and like i said the white on the cuffs, collar, hem would be impossible to keep white

479BC1FD-A376-4FA4-9EBF-F4F55EFE735D.png
51DBDB38-A13B-433D-ABEA-828FD9562E31.png
CAB1A286-371D-424C-89CD-670ABD2B061C.png
7BAF4F56-F620-4359-B6D6-F6F357F62CC4.png
BA87605D-74E9-4D85-8186-4B9A35B24349.png

Yes you can customize the front and back,just keep scrolling so you can leave it blank if you want.I’ve stated this before back when they first started the custom program in store this process is sublimation (it’s a big machine that does it) so it not silkscreened. You can also get this and switch the cuffs and collar off of another garment.
The thing about this customize thing is you can do what you want. (It’s not all about lo)
I saw that vid before and I bet if she did a different shirt (same design from the same era) the outcome wouldn’t be the same and that the thing about the dyeing process. It’s a one of one kind of thing when it comes to dying garments w/ graphics and such on them. Also the garment itself is the major factor…is it preshrunk 100% cotton,50/50… been silkscreening since 1992
Trust the game is always evolving
Check me out on the gram @krashwerkz you can see some Prior work we did.

Last edited:
Mad scientist (I would have put the patch back on the chest but I’m not mad at it on the arm.

Depending on the ratios of dye,water,temperature
What type of of process are the letters applyed and is it vinyl,water based plastisol
All these factors mean something and effect the out come.

In the pic the draw string looks like it got darker as opposed to the un-dyed string.
And the spellout is a easy fix. A 00. 02. Brush and titanium white aqua tex acrylic paint. Quick heat set w/ a hairdryer on hottest settings then turn inside out 30 min in the dryer. Wha lah!!

Again the process! Is the iteam silkscreened,DTG, sublimation and yes practice and more practice is key. Trial and error. I have a few classic jimmy hindrix tees I would airbrush before I dye them.
FYI dye-right is the truth,that’s what the pros use and it comes in Pantone colors plus they update their palette 🎨
Pertaining the pwing imo I wouldn’t do it unless I’m go all out and that’s take it to a seamstress or tailor to remove and re attache the collar and cuffs so they are not dyed. Just do the custom on RL.com if you not going to bang out. Jmo

479BC1FD-A376-4FA4-9EBF-F4F55EFE735D.png
51DBDB38-A13B-433D-ABEA-828FD9562E31.png
CAB1A286-371D-424C-89CD-670ABD2B061C.png
7BAF4F56-F620-4359-B6D6-F6F357F62CC4.png
BA87605D-74E9-4D85-8186-4B9A35B24349.png

Yes you can customize the front and back,just keep scrolling so you can leave it blank if you want.I’ve stated this before back when they first started the custom program in store this process is sublimation (it’s a big machine that does it) so it not silkscreened. You can also get this and switch the cuffs and collar off of another garment.
The thing about this customize thing is you can do what you want. (It’s not all about lo)
I saw that vid before and I bet if she did a different shirt (same design from the same era) the outcome wouldn’t be the same and that the thing about the dyeing process. It’s a one of one kind of thing when it comes to dying garments w/ graphics and such on them. Also the garment itself is the major factor…is it preshrunk 100% cotton,50/50… been silkscreening since 1992
Trust the game is always evolving
Check me out on the gram @krashwerkz you can see some Prior work we did.
But theres no way to remove the “polo 92” from the bottom of the p. It’s like polo forces you to have text in that part. Plus there’s no rings so it’s not really official. But that is a really good idea taking it to a seamstress and having them removed the cuffs and the collar on the red one.

Another fun project would be dying the tri color red white and blue cross flags crewneck. If you dye the white part yellow It would be just like the original OG. Even though the white is in the middle you could just dip the whole right side in because the yellow dye probably wouldn’t affect navy. I’m almost positive the day I would not affect the embroidery either. I’d be wrong though but that’s another thing I’ve watched many videos on it seems the embroidery stays the same every time due to the material.

EE868589-05C0-464C-BDF3-AB56DBE16EED.jpeg

At the end of the day it’s fun to think about but I would really be mad if it didn’t work out

But theres no way to remove the “polo 92” from the bottom of the p. It’s like polo forces you to have text in that part. Plus there’s no rings so it’s not really official. But that is a really good idea taking it to a seamstress and having them removed the cuffs and the collar on the red one.

Another fun project would be dying the tri color red white and blue cross flags crewneck. If you dye the white part yellow It would be just like the original OG. Even though the white is in the middle you could just dip the whole right side in because the yellow dye probably wouldn’t affect navy. I’m almost positive the day I would not affect the embroidery either. I’d be wrong though but that’s another thing I’ve watched many videos on it seems the embroidery stays the same every time due to the material.

EE868589-05C0-464C-BDF3-AB56DBE16EED.jpeg

At the end of the day it’s fun to think about but I would really be mad if it didn’t work out
Yes you can change it,you always been able to change it. And the draw string thing again cleaners tailor/ seamstress two holes (you can do it yourself actually) and bong just add the strings (you can buy all kind of this stuff online I’m in nyc so I’ve had the garment district for decades)
7FD9204D-B934-48EB-BBFE-4946C359EE7F.png
0F20778E-9225-4980-AA2B-FF19077E2459.png

As far as the tri color crossflags again I would airbrush it for the fact I have total control on the outcome. Dying it would compromise the integrity of the brightness of the two other colors.i can get up in the knoks and crannies on the details and not mess up the flags like dying it would. This custom thing is only limited to your imagination and that’s it. I get all kinds of compliments on all the custom I do but more importantly I get business from the self promoting my of works,I love creating so that’s a plus. Man “F” them rings ,why not have a unique version that you made?! How is it not official??? You got it from rl right?! Hell he had to got to the real rockers to retro his own product so that term is a no go. Or how bout this thin leather rings applied (tailor/seamstress) there patterns for all this. That hood is not like the regular hoods. Very thin but not tee/hoodie thin but not RRL weight hood. All the custom option items are very thin.
These are just suggestions nothing more it’s up to you and your imagination and screw what anyone has to say especially anyone on a message board in the fake world. #staycreative

D8B97D30-253F-42B3-9C22-D3F5AB3AD8F0.jpeg

When they first started I got two crest polo’s done (end of 2017 beginning of 2018 so they was using a different font,kool makes it even more different) took them to a tailor in Spanish Harlem
and switched the sleeve….now that’s a option on RL.com 🤔Go figure 🤷🏾‍♂️
I was gonna go extra,change up the cuffs on the sleeves and switch up the buttons to some gold rl crest buttons I found on the bay
Take ya time think it out then hit the kill switch
Set trends never
follow trends.
Krash waves
Never ride waves

Last edited:
I'm in Columbus, OH and the Marshalls by my crib gets some stuff but nothing like that ^^ They had the Ralphs tigers tee and a few of those multi colored striped ones. I usually do pretty good finding my son stuff, and they always keep me laced in socks and white tees so its usually worth a stop for me.

I'm in Columbus, OH and the Marshalls by my crib gets some stuff but nothing like that ^^ They had the Ralphs tigers tee and a few of those multi colored striped ones. I usually do pretty good finding my son stuff, and they always keep me laced in socks and white tees so its usually worth a stop for me.
Man when I lived out there (out east) it was a gold mine!!
At this time it was only Asian OSU students and old white men rocking lo (horses) and that’s it. The tj maxx and marshals was always stocked w/somthing lo then at times overstocked (these stores are trash and have been for sometime now) dam near every Levi’s style jeans to.
Sawmill crossings had these huge Filene's Basement and Burlington coat factory that was crazy that was across the street from each other. The Filene’s had two sides to the store (regular and high end) that always had heat (still have bnwt peices in my stash) and the Burlington had original sport items (by this time the ones in nyc had stop selling lo) I still have a few tees crispy and before rl retroed the sport duck boots w/ strap they had the vibrem soles versions.
I would hit all the spots , aj Wright, Schottenstein’s
Easton mall (couldn’t stand Eastland mall! This is the tall tee and walk it out era.lol) and I can’t forget about clown cone ( are they still opened?? ) up north. Yo tash from the alcoholics never lied when he raped about that east Columbus cold on “coast to coast on the Friday soundtrack. Brutal 🥶

Back
Top Bottom