**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Thanks and good looks @BIP Roberts, not too many from our era...what the new generation will never know was how tough it was living in those times. Having Polo meant a lot back in the day, it probably was the most respected and influential brand in the urban community. It also associated you with many things, being a possible Lo-Life or just an exclusive trendsetter (I've never been a Lo Life, just by association Lol) , but more importantly people got robbed or hurt from just wearing the brand on a daily basis. Sidebar kids these days wear MJ sneaker like white tees...back in the late 80's early 90's you'd be glad just to make it home still wearing MJ's. anyway I digress. It's always great to reminisce, I'm glad I made it out that era. Y'all young bucks just don't know

Exactly. Wearing boss Lo or TNF was like wearing jewelry.

I'm 5'6 and w a classic white boy. I went to high school in the BX in the mid 90s and my best friend was this bad black chick from Woodside. I threw hands every week, and half of those times had to spit out the razor or get it on with foreign objects - and I wasn't even smashing LOL, it was just a rep yourself thing. Not to ramble, but I live in the same neighborhood in which grew up and hear these transplants talking about straight nonsense - I'm like, I used to have to kick crackheads off the steps in this building in the Dinkins era. Kids coming up nowadays don''t undestand what this used to mean. I see these kids rocking nowadays on some young boy steez, and I'm like, I used to send your brother to he store for me. ...And, I'm not even some tough guiy - I'm just a dude who survived them times and new what it was.

...That's why I don't rock jewlery anymore. I have post grad degrees and work an office job. I rocked a 3K chain in '98, but I don't really live that life any more. It doesn't make any sense to be "hard" when you're grown like that.

I'm rambling, but all by 70s and 80s babies who made hoenst know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
This evening's set up...

RRL Deerskin Vest, RL Beacon Shawl Knit, RL Sportshirt, RL Duck Boot, and always...Levis denim.

@Cheap Wiz, yes that is the hat, I only knew one person with it and only seen it a handful of times. It's a pretty rare even for eBay.

Staying on the hat topic, does anyone know how this recent long bill hat fits?

I think someone asked like 30 pages back but not sure if anyone had any answers.

Last edited:
This evening's set up...

RRL Deerskin Vest, RL Beacon Shawl Knit, RL Sportshirt, RL Duck Boot, and always...Levis denim.
Really like that sweater. Is that the one that has an Indian head patterned near the chest area. There is currently one on E-Bay i have been looking at forever but I'm a little hesitant on dropping 300 for a sweater.

pmiddy is on fire right now.

if you want to get technical, that 93 and bear wool fitteds, are more of a medium bill. i have all 3 wool bear fitteds and the chambray 93 as well.

@Cheap Wiz, yes that is the hat, I only knew one person with it and only seen it a handful of times. It's a pretty rare even for eBay.

add me to the list of the rl2000 bear hat owners. my other dude has it as well, he posted a fit on IG wearing it i think last week or earlier this week.

Jackson Heights, stand up!!!
Labels still getting shine on NT!

SMB- Dope fit bro… that shawl looks serious
much appreciated SP. That hooded Swiss is fire.

Nice hooded Ski Patrol Hammer. I'm still planning to pick that up before the year is out.

Really like that sweater. Is that the one that has an Indian head patterned near the chest area. There is currently one on E-Bay i have been looking at forever but I'm a little hesitant on dropping 300 for a sweater.
. Thanks. It's the older version from a few years back without the chief head and arrows, and the gradient is a bit different.
I passed on the most recent version since the chief logos looked like paw prints.

@jayrockslo, true the fitted bear hat are not true long bill, but way better than the ones that are out now (no disrespect). Cool that you have that hat....if your boy is "kingHova" then I saw it the other day on IG...I would give up my cashmere ski for that.

Btw after NT updated there site, I can't quote and reply on my iPad, if anyone can tell me how to do it please do. It would make things a lot easier

Last edited:
Nice vest. I have that same one, but it's dark brown and black. Is that cotton on the body or polyester?
Thanks Frank. The entire vest is made of two colors of deerhide leather.

It was an RRL Peice that flew under the radar a couple years back.

Last edited:
Staying on the hat topic, does anyone know how this recent long bill hat fits?

I think someone asked like 30 pages back but not sure if anyone had any answers.

I have that hat and it fits very well, it's not shallow and the leather brim has a nice touch

@jayrockslo, true the fitted bear hat are not true long bill, but way better than the ones that are out now (no disrespect). Cool that you have that hat....if your boy is "kingHova" then I saw it the other day on IG...I would give up my cashmere ski for that.

Btw after NT updated there site, I can't quote and reply on my iPad, if anyone can tell me how to do it please do. It would make things a lot easier

Ok I figured it out

I have that hat and it fits very well, it's not shallow and the leather brim has a nice touch
i have that hat somewhere in my apt and didnt like it... if anyone is interested in it lmk. no proxy fee or anything, same as i paid for it.

2 pair of rrl ripstop cargo pants couldn't catch them on sale but what the hell might as well get em.while I got.the extra cheese

Also limited star rail man cap matches the shirt from last year

More to come

Back
Top Bottom