**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Prices are back up though… And they’re hard to fine now
For the OG? Guess it rebounded

I get that the purist/collector would always want to have the original but I have both and if I was asked to pick one strictly on looks and wearability, i would choose the retro... the material isnt as itchy as the OG, the words/symbols are clearer, and the shape of the crown/crest looks cleaner.

Funny thing is I popped the tags on the black joint but still have the blue one NWTs... it still holds that much weight to me though it ain't worth ish lol

For the OG? Guess it rebounded

I get that the purist/collector would always want to have the original but I have both and if I was asked to pick one strictly on looks and wearability, i would choose the retro... the material isnt as itchy as the OG, the words/symbols are clearer, and the shape of the crown/crest looks cleaner.

Funny thing is I popped the tags on the black joint but still have the blue one NWTs... it still holds that much weight to me though it ain't worth ish lol
Oh sorry idk about the og. But the retro fetching about 500 if you can find one out there

Regret not grabbing this few years ago.
7C4B5538-4FDF-47E3-A005-B655E3043E7E.png
Picked one up, but wish it wasn’t a turtle neck. Saw an IG tailor turn one into a crew neck, might have to look into that. It’s a great sweater otherwise.

Edit: Should have finished the thread before I posted, LOL

so my 5 horsemen rugby went missing when i had it shipped to a close by UPS Store (urban outfitter order), and RL.com cancelled my order because they over sold the item. *sigh*

anyone know a website that is selling one at retail, sz M?

so my 5 horsemen rugby went missing when i had it shipped to a close by UPS Store (urban outfitter order), and RL.com cancelled my order because they over sold the item. *sigh*

anyone know a website that is selling one at retail, sz M?

So I went into macys today and copped this coat, be advised online it says $798 but instore and on the actual tag on the coat it says $698, I still see it for $798 on every site also. 30% off at macys so it wasn’t a bad price in total. And runs roomy so I had to size down from my regular size.

Attachments

• B0DBACA3-4D8C-4C89-8955-2D99B6FBDF7D.png
    B0DBACA3-4D8C-4C89-8955-2D99B6FBDF7D.png
    639.6 KB · Views: 121
The retro was executed perfectly and might be the only retro that surpassed the OG (marginally but still better)
Actually, there were a few, but what comes to mind is the Lifesaver. Rarely thought of amongst younger heads, but to original heads, Lifesavers were life. The retro def addressed and improved long-term flaws with the OG, and was built pretty damn close to OG spec.

Ya boy in the yesteryear; OG (cracking screen printed letters)
OG Lifesaver.jpg

Retro; Stitched in letters, 95% faithful reproduction.
2018 lifesaver II.jpg

2018 LifeSaver.jpg

Still find rare surprise variants out there.
Lifesaver varient.jpg

None of the above are the even the "Biggie jump in the pool" version. Blessings.

So I went into macys today and copped this coat, be advised online it says $798 but instore and on the actual tag on the coat it says $698, I still see it for $798 on every site also. 30% off at macys so it wasn’t a bad price in total. And runs roomy so I had to size down from my regular size.
Picture of the tag?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom