**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I agree POLO SPORT was the best line…huge variety and the material and color-blocking was too dope!…I'm glad I  kept my pieces from the 90's( I'm basically the same size give or take a couple of pounds lol)
I dont agree that the logo was the hardest, but it is one that can stand out. I remember a time when I hated polo sport because All the fire pieces had the polo sport patch but was still Blue Label. when the Polo Sport label drives all designs had the Polo Sport Ralph Lauren and a little flag logo and there was nothing theme based that I can actually remember from Polo Sport. Vets can help me out if I'm wrong.

D&S can be hit or miss IMO. A lot of the pieces are too loud for my preference. Every now and then I will pick up some of their jeans when they come on sale. The fit is usually on point.

I was lying to myself. This is all I have of Polo Sport T-s.

Last edited:

Really liking these two here. Also as a sidenote: I had no idea you were math_shoes. Seen (and missed out) on a lot of your auctions in the past!

For anyone thinking about getting this RLX Explorer jacket, hate to say it, but don't bother. I expected some feather loss, but definitely not at the rate I'm experiencing it. Feathers on everything I wear under it, feathers stuck to the car seat. It was a steal at $88 ($225 originally), but it's going back.

Last edited:
Some of the pics are from the RL United Kingdom version....just view the UK RL .com ^^^^ @kushdrygoods

Last edited:
Lots of good stuff these last few pages. The RLPL jacket is beautiful, what was the retail on that SMB?

Thanks Frank. I got the canvas Purple Label jacket from a 3rd party pre-owned. The previous owner said it was somewhere in the $1500 range.

The picks are great. Passing on the sale since I'll be paying full price for one of these.

I'll also add this pic for 2014

SP,
The pic I have came from the GQ site. Highlights from Spring 14 have been up since October last year

Last edited:
That's RL Jay. We see the templates over and over again. It seems like the gap between the last camo wave and the last tiger wave is big enough that it's not too repetitive.

That's RL Jay. We see the templates over and over again. It seems like the gap between the last camo wave and the last tiger wave is big enough that it's not too repetitive.

of course, i know how it goes. when you see this years spring line, it is nearly identical as least year's, playing on the "river" theme. colors, patterns, and all.

i'll end up buying it though, smh.

I know there's not a lot of love for D&S but if this ends up on the U.S. site,  I'd pick it up if I could eventually get it for <$20.  I like the paneling.

of course, i know how it goes. when you see this years spring line, it is nearly identical as least year's, playing on the "river" theme. colors, patterns, and all.

i'll end up buying it though, smh.

I try not to get caught up in the hype of "NEW" cause new always feels good cause it's fresh, this season I only purchased about 4-5 items. But I buy way more vintage on the reg, I have a package at least 1 a week sometimes. When it comes to the new season I have to pick and choose carefully, I gotta always ask "do I need this" or do I have a similar item that's better? I bought camo shorts last yr, I'm not gonna buy new ones unless it's better Lol

I was just about to scoop that RLX jacket too. Thanks for the heads up.

When it comes to the new season I have to pick and choose carefully, I gotta always ask "do I need this" or do I have a similar item that's better?
I ask myself that all the time. Then when it's 65% off, then add another 25% for "xxx" sale then the answer comes quite easily. All this stuff coming out looks the same from last year and adding more color blocking to the RLX jackets. Now we have extra camo print, same low budget t-shirts, and my opinion(police are watching) on the eagle sweater are not for likes. Eagle looks like a baby vulture on your chest. And at least he didn't try to alter the actual Tiger Head patch to offset it from the OG.

I try not to get caught up in the hype of "NEW" cause new always feels good cause it's fresh, this season I only purchased about 4-5 items. But I buy way more vintage on the reg, I have a package at least 1 a week sometimes. When it comes to the new season I have to pick and choose carefully, I gotta always ask "do I need this" or do I have a similar item that's better? I bought camo shorts last yr, I'm not gonna buy new ones unless it's better Lol

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I definitely have to pick and choose as well, since I actually have to move my stuff into storage and move stuff in and out by season smh. I have bins stacked to the ceiling and it is a pain in the *** to pull out something that I want to wear. I definitely buy more vintage, at least a package a week also, all of this new stuff is knock around gear that I don't even care for and I don't even get to wear until either a year or two later. I don't question myself if "I need this or that" though, because in the end, if I don't get it and I wanted it or liked it just even a tad bit, I"ll have some kind of regret and end up searching for it later on.

Sounds familiar. I don't do vintage, but I have lots of items that have been recycled, recreated over the past 8 years. It has to be something very special for me to spend money on anything that's new from RL. I'm spoiled by the sale prices, so that cuts my buyingdown even more. The main things that show up on my doorstep are things from RL that are out of the norm, or classics designs that I can build on if I pull the trigger on something current. I'm fine with a little regret, because if it doesn't surface I know that RL will give me something just like it, or very close in the near future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom