**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Thanks for the input, guys. I was looking for a pic of something else recently and went back to those archives and it reminded me of that questionable knit, then when Nuz posted the 93 pic, it really came top of mind.

That white knit did look pretty good though.

It's kind of funny - it's the double-edged sword of finding something truly that rare. You are excited because you want to be the only person who has it, but the very fact that nobody else has seen it makes it suspicious unto itself.

When, I found the '95 black/purple canvas low AF1 samples, I was ecstatic and terrified at the same time. I was like, "I'd pay anything to have these; they need to be owned by me." At the same time, I was scared of paying because, whether it was $1 or $1000, there's a part of me who just had to bite my lip and hope that when I finally got them in hand, I wouldn't wind up determining they were fake. As much as "these should be mine" there was the equal and opposite, "I can't be the one to get duped."

If I had seen even one picture of them before, I'd have been 80% calmer. ...Uncharted territory is scary even for accomplished travelers.

^^^ BIP, there was definitely a period in the early 90's the a lot Ralph Lauren items were bootleg....I even own a Nautica sweatshirt back then that was to good too be true. However the bootleg game for Ralph Lauren died down long ago, but I feel the sneaker game is much more prevalent for fakes, there's a stronger following then Ralph Lauren.

^^^ BIP, there was definitely a period in the early 90's the a lot Ralph Lauren items were bootleg....I even own a Nautica sweatshirt back then that was to good too be true. However the bootleg game for Ralph Lauren died down long ago, but I feel the sneaker game is much more prevalent for fakes, there's a stronger following then Ralph Lauren.

Oh, I remember fake Polo was rampant - dudes would have tables set up at like every major intersection in any even borderline "hood." ...Or, especially if the area was highly immigrant, which is pretty much a Venn diagram with "hood." Like pretty much anything that gets bootlegged from Bart Simpson tees in '89 to Hermes bags, there's a spectrum of good and bad fakes. Some of the fake sellers even made the presentation of their operations look more like the boosters or the "Spanish lady houses." There's a word for them in Spanish, which I've forgotten now, but I know some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

You had mad kids who didn't know any better flossing in decent quality fake small ponys. Meanwhile, the day laborers rocked the "we're not even going to try" big logo sweatshirts.

Nowadays, kids spend double retail to by fake sneakers from Marquee Sole or whatever two months before release and become e-celebs for it. Poor schmucks fronting in our era just got their lunch money taken and kicked down the back staircase.

The irony though was that there wasn't a whole lot out there in fake footwear department. I mean, you had knock off designs - hell, that goes back at least to the days of the Sang. ...I'm sure older heads will tell me there were wanna be PF Flyers. But, in my day, you could always find Olympia making a shoe that approximated the silhouette of what was hot in the basketball shoe world.

That was the biggest reassurance when I found the pair I was talking about. It was obvious they were really from 1995. So, basically, the only question is whether they were legit samples or customized (like a black and white pair, with the white dyed purple or something). Nowadays, all bets are off with sneakers. But, I was talking about a 20 year old pair, samples of which I had never seen. Lo I've not seen is one thing, but to have never seen that pair of 95 AF1s for me is crazy. And, then for people who I showed the pics to after I purchased to say they hadn't seem them before either was that much more crazy. ...I'm not trying to elevate this pair of old shoes into some pantheon of beauty, I just use it as an example in these cases because it was something that was 20 years old, and its existence was completely unknown to some of the most knowledgeable collectors of its species in the world until all of a few months ago. ...So, who knows!?

New stuff trickling in....i do like thes tees

a lot of the RRL pieces
gonna be on here tryna plug for the next week. the discount is also on this 25% sale right now! let me know.. 

get your shopping cart ready!

Just copped some RRL gear with the assistance of Fresh112. dude is the truth. Good lookin out homie, true NT brotherhood right here. This is what NT is all about. Thank you Fresh112 for the plug!

the olive or black ones are much nicer, haven't been able to locate a pair.

Is this 2014 Stadium collection meant to be a tribute to the 1992 Stadium stuff or does it have nothing to do with the original Stadium line? Obviously Indian heads have nothing to do with the original Stadium line.  So what is the 'Stadium' influence in this years collection to justify it having that name? Those two pieces up there are obviously college football inspired with the varsity jacket influence and patches. The other pieces I've seen look like they're from RL Rugby.

FALL I 2014 – “STADIUM”
For fall’s first delivery, Ralph envisioned a young guy—fresh out of an Ivy League
school—who moves to downtown New York City to start his first job. When it
comes to style, he stays true to his roots with classic pieces like varsity jackets
and toggle coats, but he’s taking cues from the New York scene by mixing in edgier
styles like destroy-and-repair denim or a vintage bomber coat. His bright, preppy
sweaters look fresh with ripped chinos, while knits in a metropolitan palette of
black and grey lend a confident juxtaposition to classic oxford sport shirts. The
look is old school collegiate with a hip, modern edge.
Take note of this delivery’s athletic styles—the vintage varsity spirit is taken a
step further with a capsule of “POLO,” “NEW YORK” and “USA”-emblazoned
styles inspired by world-class athletes. It’s a tribute to the American spirit of
Ralph Lauren and to our first ever Polo flagship store on New York City’s famous
Fifth Avenue.

gonna be on here tryna plug for the next week. the discount is also on this 25% sale right now! let me know.. 

get your shopping cart ready!

Let it be known, this guy is official. You;d be foolish to spend any money elsewhere. Fast and easy. Got my order today. Thanks man!

Stadium Collection Fall '14

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Follow me on Instagram @math_shoes

Last edited:
those rlx pants fit super tight right? do you guys get one size bigger?
Yea. I picked up a couple of the space expedition cargos today, and no way I could rock my real size 34. Them joints are exxxxtra slim, I ended getting a 36 and they fit almost perfect. Plus they have buttons on the waist that I used to make them fit properly. They a steal for the $38 I paid...

Last edited:
Extra 30% off Dillard's already reduced items. Might pick up a few things later I'm not sure if or when they'll do a deeper discount

Last edited:
Does Denim & Supply gear fit drastically different than Ralph Lauren?

Bought some cargo pants on sale, and wondering what the expect as far as the waist goes. Should all be the same, no?

Back
Top Bottom