**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I know I been diagnosed 5150 before. I got a an explosive temper I am pretty good with it now a days but occasionally I go there. And it's always self destructive in the end. Oh well we all got our demons. :rolleyes
No doubt fam, acceptance is the 1st step. Don't let it consume you though.

Last edited:

If anyone got a line on this jacket here in a medium, could you help a brother out.. it would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone got a line on this jacket here in a medium, could you help a brother out.. it would be greatly appreciated.

fuego

ima either hit woodbury or a dl spot in mass. end of this month for some bday treat yo self hopefully i can find a usa bear t if not im cool

D&S is a wrap. They closing down this year. PS done. D&S done. RLX done. Strictly Polo now.
Makes sense, and a lot of the current Polo brand is already at the D&S level of quality due to adopting the fast fashion strategy.

RLX was really a mash up of BlaclkLabel and Polo. There are some RLX gems, but it's been the odd ball under the RL umbrella for a long time.

Polo Sport's revival could have been special, but RL biffed by simply not using the classic colors. I thonk they learned their lesson, as this failure is probably the reason why RL went all in with the upcoming Retro Collections

I still don't know what to make of the Ralph Lauren Luxurt Collection. It appears that it will take the place of Purple Label. Any info on this Math?

Last edited:
D&S is a wrap. They closing down this year. PS done. D&S done. RLX done. Strictly Polo now.
Makes sense, and a lot of the current Polo brand is already at the D&S level of quality due to adopting the fast fashion strategy.

RLX was really a mash up of BlaclkLabel and Polo. There are some RLX gems, but it's been the odd ball under the RL umbrella for a long time.

Polo Sport's revival could have been special, but RL biffed by simply not using the classic colors. I thonk they learned their lesson, as this failure is probably the reason why RL went all in with the upcoming Retro Collections

I still don't know what to make of the Ralph Lauren Luxurt Collection. It appears that it will take the place of Purple Label. Any info on this Math?

I wouldnt go so far as to say polo is d&s quality. Some of the higher quality d&s might be comparable to the lower quality polo. But on the whole d&s was very poor quality with cheap flimsy materials. Its a noticable difference to me and i really have no complaints about quality with blue label as a whole.

I liked rlx, always have. A majority of it is passable but those few standout items really standout. Sad to see that go along with PS, mainly for the fleece and joggers, i thought their designs were improving, but obviously it was a step down in quality for most items.

As far as PL, what i know is that every line was/is on the chopping block, with the exception of PRL obviously, nothing was above being disolved. They were in a position to prove their viability through sales over the past few years and we are seeing the first casualties of those tests now. The top sellers/styles will be folded into blue label like they did with rugby. The thing about PL is they have a lot of brick and mortar nationwide that only sell PL and Collection. It would be a huge production to fold that line. With Polo opening its standalone stores and Macys facing bankruptcy its just seems folding PL would shrink their footprint significantly. But i highly doubt PL is a factor to their bottom line and that seems to be the measuring stick. Personnally i think it would be sad to see PL go even though i dont own any or intend to.

...[emoji]128530[/emoji]

Someone mention D&S as being cheap one mo' time... you'll have an appointment to see these paws on Flatbush and Parkside Ave...

I know I been diagnosed 5150 before. I got a an explosive temper I am pretty good with it now a days but occasionally I go there. And it's always self destructive in the end. Oh well we all got our demons. :rolleyes

No kidding [emoji]128514[/emoji] Stay strong solider. Stay strong.

Tuff!

I wouldnt go so far as to say polo is d&s quality. Some of the higher quality d&s might be comparable to the lower quality polo. But on the whole d&s was very poor quality with cheap flimsy materials. Its a noticable difference to me and i really have no complaints about quality with blue label as a whole.

I liked rlx, always have. A majority of it is passable but those few standout items really standout. Sad to see that go along with PS, mainly for the fleece and joggers, i thought their designs were improving, but obviously it was a step down in quality for most items.

As far as PL, what i know is that every line was/is on the chopping block, with the exception of PRL obviously, nothing was above being disolved. They were in a position to prove their viability through sales over the past few years and we are seeing the first casualties of those tests now. The top sellers/styles will be folded into blue label like they did with rugby. The thing about PL is they have a lot of brick and mortar nationwide that only sell PL and Collection. It would be a huge production to fold that line. With Polo opening its standalone stores and Macys facing bankruptcy its just seems folding PL would shrink their footprint significantly. But i highly doubt PL is a factor to their bottom line and that seems to be the measuring stick. Personnally i think it would be sad to see PL go even though i dont own any or intend to.
Thanks Frank. I would also be sad to see the Purple Label brand changed over to Ralph Lairen Collection, but I expect it to happen sooner or later. Northface and a few other apparel companies are now using a purple tag to designate thier own top tier collections, so Im thinking Ralph will drop it in favor of setting his brand appart.

Someone mention D&S as being cheap one mo' time... you'll have an appointment to see these paws on Flatbush and Parkside Ave

[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Are they really doing a retro collection??

anyone have any info on the bear knit hats? does the one without the pom on the top have space at the end or is it really shallow hat and close to the head? or maybe buy the one with the pom and clip the pom off

Also looking for this in a Medium or Large, anyone have any info as to when it released?

Last edited:
anyone have any info on the bear knit hats? does the one without the pom on the top have space at the end or is it really shallow hat and close to the head? or maybe buy the one with the pom and clip the pom off

I have the red and black knit hats. Both have room and aren't shallow IMO.

The Purple Label talk is just my own speculation, it's here to stay as far as we know.

[emoji]128514[/emoji] I was kidding, guy. There has been some sweaters from the brand that I wouldn't mind picking up for the right price to rock on lazy days and the tees looked okay paired with my moto jacket.

Love the purple label though. Oh and I got the job with Ralph and I start next week[emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128085[/emoji][emoji]128086[/emoji][emoji]128084[/emoji][emoji]128094[/emoji][emoji]128095[/emoji][emoji]128083[/emoji] on me, fellas LoL

Back
Top Bottom