**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

"sorry cant help" but it was prob this one

^ isn't that the outlet version? the one that retailed in stores had a wool body and leather sleeves different front buttons(maybe snap buttons, unsure since i don't own the jacket), unlike that version you posted with the cotton body and faux leather sleeves and brown buttons. this is the jacket i had in mind that was similar to the Rugby version that was comparable in the amount of patches which 23Rakim45 was referring to now that I had seen the picture (never seen Bieber wear this not like I pay attention anyway). I do like that Rugby "Michigan blue/yellow" colorway varsity though but have never seen it in person to judge the quality to compare to other wool body/leather varsity jackets by Polo.

Personally, I don't like all of those patches all over a varsity jacket though.

As FrankMatthews pointed out, this is gong for $179 now. If anyone knows of any locations with it at that price let me know.

Last edited:
^ isn't that the outlet version? the one that retailed in stores had a wool body and leather sleeves different front buttons(maybe snap buttons, unsure since i don't own the jacket), unlike that version you posted with the cotton body and faux leather sleeves and brown buttons.

Not sure about an outlet version but that is definitely the cheaper version released a year or two later. Sleeves are real leather though btw

frank, well said. unfortunately, D&S just does not appeal to me. i dont know how many RRL enthusiasts will venture into D&S, as i feel the lure of RRL is in its quality and limited runs. and obviously the details in the pieces. but D&S is a mass marketed line, made in much bigger numbers and with cheaper materials. that, and the fact that i havent found one appealing D&S item yet, i dont think i'll ever be one of those RRL-budget spillovers. 

I just meant from a design standpoint, the way I see it they follow similar trends/themes. D&S doesn't really appeal to me either but I am well aware it is a quality, status issue rather than an aesthetic issue.

And on the contrary belief "high end" is just a term and nothing more but to make you feel good about spending more for the same ****. I have pieces from purple that are nothing more than polo golf whit a diff tag and vise versa same whit RLX to. lol.

Pretty much. A vast majority of RRL outside of the denim is overpriced, even then. $250 hoodies? $500 henleys? I don't care if it is hand knit. A lot of this stuff is not superior quality as I am finding out. There are those pieces that are unique, superb quality and just all around awesome. And those pieces cost significantly more than most. Even there quality/price is questionable. This is with most luxury lines tho.

Which btw HudsonNYC has since knocked off

:x :x :x Ughhh.

In-stores? know of any locations with them off the top?

I ordered mine from VA I believe but they will search across all flagships as long as you have the SKU. Everything is cheaper in store than online.

Last edited:
As FrankMatthews pointed out, this is gong for $179 now. If anyone knows of any locations with it at that price or can pass me an item number to do a search (unless it's the same number that's online) let me know.

if its Macy's site you can use the web id and take that into the store

never saw that in store so I'm assuming you mean a polo store or elsewhere

I agree. In the big picture, the labels are purely for organization of collections, and for marketing. Yes certain lines will have better reputation of quality, but its always on a piece by piece basis.
this all day^^^^^ this pretty much sums it up. I friend that use to work for RL on the corp side told me this years ago almost verbatim SMB

Pretty much. A vast majority of RRL outside of the denim is overpriced, even then. $250 hoodies? $500 henleys? I don't care if it is hand knit. A lot of this stuff is not superior quality as I am finding out. There are those pieces that are unique, superb quality and just all around awesome. And those pieces cost significantly more than most. Even there quality/price is questionable. This is with most luxury lines tho.
I see it like this why pay full price for any of this s**t when I know how much is coast for them to make it. Unless it's a custome bespoke tailored suit and if you are able to get your own material that is better cause you cut the cost down dramatically.

To me, RRL was an extension of the country line when I first saw it in the '90's. Now it has evolved into a higher end "Americana workwear aesthetic" line with quality materials and low production. I can compare my own pair of blue label selvedge jeans with a pair RRL selvedge and the blue label pales in comparison to the RRL. It is so much thinner and lighter and the construction is not as well as my RRL pair. Just from this, I only buy RRL jeans now and never really even look at what blue label, D&S, Rugby, have/had to offer in jeans. It is well worth it's "high end" price.
again never bought in to the whole "raw/salvaged" faze.it's cotton that's treated or un-treated for that matter but still just cotton. Again why pay full price and for jeans at that. Hey that's just me. There is a spot in Williamsburg that do custom denim,you can pick the weight gauge,what stitch,rivets,branding ect. Down to the finest detail. Now then and only then would I consider paying full price.

^ isn't that the outlet version? the one that retailed in stores had a wool body and leather sleeves different front buttons(maybe snap buttons, unsure since i don't own the jacket), unlike that version you posted with the cotton body and faux leather sleeves and brown buttons. this is the jacket i had in mind that was similar to the Rugby version that was comparable in the amount of patches which 23Rakim45 was referring to now that I had seen the picture (never seen Bieber wear this not like I pay attention anyway). I do like that Rugby "Michigan blue/yellow" colorway varsity though but have never seen it in person to judge the quality to compare to other wool body/leather varsity jackets by Polo.

for the life of me I never got the whole "outlet" thing cause I for one never had a problem whit outlets since the days of Franklin mills or redding (well now outlets have slim pickings and mostly the same s**t that the main stores had ) this is the no.1 thing I love about Ralph is that there is something for everybody!! I like my varsity to look like a real varsity so I'm all for patches when done right. Not on some fashion crap. The navy gold one look like something I would see when I lived in the Midwest,that's how the h.s. or OSU jackets would look after they won mad titles.That's something we don't see in NYC cause this is not a sports town on that level(life blood being sports) but hey again that's me. S**t I'm looking for a blank RL varsity red or navy now so I can do a custom.

Coming back from taking a walk in this blizzard. Whatchu know bout dat herbal tea swag?

fresh combos a page back bip.have you slowed on the up's this time around? I'm not realy diggin most of the anny stuff nike has put out,maybe 10 tops if that!!! Don't really go into the af1 thread,got tired of seeing cats whit the same sneakers on they mom's dinner/coffee table every few pages.lol

Good info, thanks!

99b2f41a_63321_10151254246219096_314507168_n.jpeg

Saw it on another forum about Rugby. I think that picture put off many of those members from purchasing it.

Honestly I had never seen the pictures of *shudder* One Direction or Justin Bieber wearing it before I saw it in person in Rugby. Even a size larger then my true size it felt unbelievable on. I have searched quite thoroughly on the internet since seeing the Rugby Varsity and I can't find one nicer, in my opinion, other then a Schott.

I love Supreme varsitys, but I'd look over every one they've done (just about) in order to find this AW12 Rugby in my size! :smokin

Anybody has an employee polo account up for dibs? i was talking to a girl that held it down but she got fired , i miss that 50% off 

for the life of me I never got the whole "outlet" thing cause I for one never had a problem whit outlets since the days of Franklin mills or redding (well now outlets have slim pickings and mostly the same s**t that the main stores had )

Invest cheddar in,,, shopping sprees in Reading

The RL outlets were awesome back in the day. ...Especially before the Polo/Nautica/Tommy craze went super mainstream and they all installed the two-way glass and beefed up security measures!

Nowadays, most outlets are trash - as they are essentially an extension of brands' retail stores. The whole business model changed. But, lots of my older joints still have them gold dots on the tag!

fresh combos a page back bip.have you slowed on the up's this time around? I'm not realy diggin most of the anny stuff nike has put out,maybe 10 tops if that!!! Don't really go into the af1 thread,got tired of seeing cats whit the same sneakers on they mom's dinner/coffee table every few pages.lol

Thanks, bro.

Sneakers, and specifically AF1s, are still my number one love. I still cop vintage Nike heavy., and the pursuit of the AF1 gold is infinite - as you know. I buy few new retro releases or AF1 releases, etc. But, 80s and 90s Lo has always been pretty much the only gear I care about. I rock some jerseys because I'm a sports nut. When it comes to copping Lo gear, I kind of binge on and off. I'll go hard for a few months, then fall back on what I own and disappear for a while. Then come back.

Last edited:
Long time no post. Here's a couple recent grabs.

I had originally bought a Polo Sport Arctic Challenge down jacket, but it ended up being WAY too puffy for my frailness. Sold that one back on eBay, then ended up finding this in Macy's. I passed it up because I didn't have $300 to spend on it then I was informed there was a 50% off sale. The lady at Macy's gave me an extra 25% just out kindness. I never bought an RL down jacket and must say I've fell in love. Great fit, great look, etc. etc.

No story behind this. I just thought it was dope and been wanting one.

Elmer Fudd style cap I recently thrifted. Not much useful in LA or San Diego weather so i'm parting ways with it. Thought it was a nice hat though. Really thick wool with sheepskin ear flaps. Also a Purple Label button down at the same spot. Keeping for myself, awesome quality shirt.

again never bought in to the whole "raw/salvaged" faze.it's cotton that's treated or un-treated for that matter but still just cotton. Again why pay full price and for jeans at that. Hey that's just me. There is a spot in Williamsburg that do custom denim,you can pick the weight gauge,what stitch,rivets,branding ect. Down to the finest detail. Now then and only then would I consider paying full price.

for the life of me I never got the whole "outlet" thing cause I for one never had a problem whit outlets since the days of Franklin mills or redding (well now outlets have slim pickings and mostly the same s**t that the main stores had ) this is the no.1 thing I love about Ralph is that there is something for everybody!! I like my varsity to look like a real varsity so I'm all for patches when done right. Not on some fashion crap. The navy gold one look like something I would see when I lived in the Midwest,that's how the h.s. or OSU jackets would look after they won mad titles.That's something we don't see in NYC cause this is not a sports town on that level(life blood being sports) but hey again that's me. S**t I'm looking for a blank RL varsity red or navy now so I can do a custom.

never paid full price for my RRL's. even less than half price. it's nice taking a pair of raw denim and having it form and fade through your own wears basically making it your own "custom" denim.

i never had a problem with the "outlet" thing. i was pointing out that version of the varsity jacket was an "outlet" release. that "outlet" version didn't release in department or RL stores hence, the differences between the two jackets.

this is how you contribute to this thread, show off what you buy in bulk for cheap and then re-sell it on ebay, right?

If I posted what I resell this thread would be longer than your "vintage" polo shirts. Everything I post in here is in my closet as we speak and will remain there, your jealousy is much appreciated though.

And where's your contribution? Making jokes at the expense of others? You're a clown, plain and simple. Hop off junior.

If I posted what I resell this thread would be longer than your "vintage" polo shirts.
:rofl: omg, you're the polo ralph lauren re-selling king? you've never even seen all of my "vintage" polo shirts. actually nobody has, because i've never posted everything.

Everything I post in here is in my closet as we speak and will remain there, your jealousy is much appreciated though.
:rofl: in your closet until it sells on ebay, right? jealousy? :rofl: please, i don't even care for the stuff you re-sell. you must be delirious to think someone is jealous of you re-selling clearance polo and i really hope you're not saying that i would be jealous of what's in your closet or maybe i do hope you're saying that :rofl:

And where's your contribution? Making jokes at the expense of others? You're a clown, plain and simple. Hop off junior.

i contribute more than you know in this thread. i've been making jokes at you cuz you seem to have a problem with me. You're a re-seller, trying to profit off of new stuff that should be available to all, at the expense of others. hop off of mines, kid, cuz you keep saying i don't contribute to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom