**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

how tf are they able to do that with getting sued? get it how you live though. but for $100-150, stoppppp
I think because they do such short runs of each hat they stay under the radar. Them dudes are'nt making enough to be lint in Ralph's pocket off of the quantity they are selling.

Just like the Taz Arnold x Dr.R custom runs. I doubt he got Ralph's okay on that series either. But call those fake or not.... telling me there were'nt some fiyahvwerks in that set is a bold face lie.
tongue.gif

Last edited:
their attention to detail and creativity really fill the void of what PRL has been lacking for years now in regards to hats.

Bro you cant justify paying $150 for a copy and paste hat, Also for you to say RL hasnt put out a quality hat since then is absurd. You must work for those people.

I don't "feel" that they are knockoffs nor is that my "opinion". They ARE knockoffs, as a matter of fact, period. Now if you "feel" those knockoffs are somehow acceptable then you are entitled to your own "opinion".

Please show me the original PRL hats that they are "knocking off". Mind you, I did point out that 3 of them IMO, can be labeled as knockoffs.

I think because they do such short runs of each hat they stay under the radar. Them dudes are'nt making enough to be lint in Ralph's pocket off of the quantity they are selling.

Just like the Taz Arnold x Dr.R custom runs. I doubt he got Ralph's okay on that series either. But call those fake or not telling me there were'nt some fiyahvwerks in that set is a bold face lie.:tongue:

Taz used actual PRL items with Romanelli to chop up and frankenstein into clothing. He didn't recreate any of those fabrics / patches / etc.

Last edited:
Bro you cant justify paying $150 for a copy and paste hat, Also for you to say RL hasnt put out a quality hat since then is absurd. You must work for those people.

Can you make me a "copy and paste hat" using similar PRL iconic logos? If the quality and design is there, I would not hesitate to purchase your "copy and paste hat" for $150.

I challenge you to pull out some of the best quality PRL hats that are similar in regards to these designs.

I don't work for them.

I have all of the original PRL items that these hats were intended to match for. I have all of their released hats.

Authentic Knockoffs...I couldn't.
Again, I understand the back story and all that goes into producing these hats and jackets, some do look nice. But there's no way that I could spend my money to support "counterfit polo products" that are not Ralph Lauren Products.

I'll never tell another man what to do with his money. So if this works for certain collectors of authentic polo, then I can't knock them for spending their own money on knockoffs.

Last edited:
Again, I understand the back story and all that goes into producing these hats and jackets, some do look nice. But there's no way that I could spend my money to support "counterfit polo products" that are not Ralph Lauren Products.

I'll never tell another man what to do with his money. So if this works for certain collectors of authentic polo, then I can't knock them for spending their own money on knockoffs.

They aren't selling them with a Polo Ralph Lauren label tag inside.

Just because the word POLO is on the hats, means they are "counterfeit" ?

A lot of people have approached me concerning these hats, through social media and in person when I have worn them. I never told them these are Polo by Ralph Lauren hats. Neither is the brand that is producing them.

i'm curious, but what would be the ideal price point that a lot of you would consider buying the rohe project hats?

They aren't selling them with a Polo Ralph Lauren label tag inside.

Just because the word POLO is on the hats, means they are "counterfeit" ?

A lot of people have approached me concerning these hats, through social media and in person when I have worn them. I never told them these are Polo by Ralph Lauren hats. Neither is the brand that is producing them.

Not only is the word POLO on them, both hats have RL implying a collection to the Ralph Lauren brand. That's blatant Jay any way to try to cut it.
USPA doesn't even go this far....

i'm curious, but what would be the ideal price point that a lot of you would consider buying the rohe project hats?
I stay away from the official Ralph Lauren products that have fake fur, fake animal skins, and native patterns printed instead of knitted so that hats are definitely a no go for me.

From the perspective of customers that like the hats, the market determines the price. It's obvious that $150 is a fair price since they are selling out.

Last edited:
Not only is the word POLO on them, both hats have RL implying a collection to the Ralph Lauren brand. That's blatant Jay any way to try to cut it.

It is blatant, and their intention was to recreate hats to match highly coveted PRL pieces. Like I said before, show me the original Snow Beach hat and tell me how many people actually like it versus the rohe hats that are re-designed to match the snow beach line.

If you can't tell, there is a patch on the other side of the hat as well.

somebody show me a current PRL hat within the last 5 years that is a 5 panel with a straight bill, patches and lobster clasp in the back

I stay away from the official Ralph Lauren products that have fake fur, fake animal skins, and native patterns printed instead of knitted so that hats are definitely a no go for me.

From the perspective of customers that like the hats, the market determines the price. It's obvious that $150 is a fair price since they are selling out.

I respect your standpoint superman. if people don't like them, then people don't like them. if people feel they need to stay away from these hats, then they don't even need to bat an eye towards the hats.

the target demographic for these hats are for the "vintage collector" and not everyone is into vintage PRL. however, i feel some of the hats can be used in general to match current PRL clothing.

regarding the market determining the price, there are vintage PRL hats that are being sold in the thousands.

a lot of collectors have found these hats to be an alternative instead of spending those numbers.

I respect your standpoint superman. if people don't like them, then people don't like them. if people feel they need to stay away from these hats, then they don't even need to bat an eye towards the hats.

the target demographic for these hats are for the "vintage collector" and not everyone is into vintage PRL. however, i feel some of the hats can be used in general to match current PRL clothing.

regarding the market determining the price, there are vintage PRL hats that are being sold in the thousands.

a lot of collectors have found these hats to be an alternative instead of spending those numbers.
All of this is true for the target demographic, which I'm not a part of. But with most of the target demographic being such purists when it comes to RL, I'm shocked that the same group of customers who support these hats are the same people that look down on USPA and other brands that make products that are made to resemble RL merchandise.

I don't "feel" that they are knockoffs nor is that my "opinion". They ARE knockoffs, as a matter of fact, period. Now if you "feel" those knockoffs are somehow acceptable then you are entitled to your own "opinion".

Please show me the original PRL hats that they are "knocking off". Mind you, I did point out that 3 of them IMO, can be labeled as knockoffs.

At the end of the day, they say Ralph and it ain't Ralph. Knockoff, replica, homage, it's all in ones perspective and I definitely get where you're coming from.

You **** on those snow beach knockoffs a few pages back, as you should have, but I don't really see the difference, in theory, anyways. Execution is a entirely separate issue.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, they say Ralph and it ain't Ralph. Knockoff, replica, homage, it's all in ones perspective and I definitely get where you're coming from.

You **** on those snow beach knockoffs a few pages back, as you should have, but I don't really see the difference, in theory, anyways. Execution is a entirely separate issue.

You make a great point Frank
There are many people creating Ralph Lauren inspired products, but there's a difference between inspired and knockoffs, replica....etc.
But let's be honest, there's a long list of ideas Ralph Lauren jacks (inspired) from everyday, we would be here forever discussing that topic.

But I will play devils advocate. None of the hats say Ralph Lauren, and all of the designs on the hats are not original ideas from ralph himself. All the themes, colors, fonts have been used before Ralph Lauren. Not even the words on the hats pose a legal issue

Either you like them or you don't, it's real simple fellas.

Last edited:
Oh word? Tryna justify knockoffs now? What part of the gaym is that?
All of this is true for the target demographic, which I'm not a part of. But with most of the target demographic being such purists when it comes to RL, I'm shocked that the same group of customers who support these hats are the same people that look down on USPA and other brands that make products that are made to resemble RL merchandise.

Here's my take on this topic... First off let's not forget that RL is the king of knockoffs. There are countless graphics that Ralph jacked and made his own... Jay, BIP, and Middy have a library's worth of these images.

Through the past 25+ years, Polo became THE brand for a lot of ppl, and the niche of vintage collectors, for the most part, feel a certain way about the knockoff thing. There's only a handful of ppl on this thread that are in this niche, so it's understandable that others don't see it the same way. I think if you're into vintage, an "homage" piece is acceptable if it's done the right way.

The Rohe Project team consists of ppl that are heavy hitters in the vintage world and are really set on making quality pieces for all the reasons Jay mentioned. There's a history there and collectors can relate. That High Street Snow Beach garbage, however, is a no-name street brand trying to capitalize on the culture and produce a poorly executed eye sore. Yes, both parties are trying to make money at the end of the day, but for Rohe, there are other motives as well. So I can see how a lot of ppl here see both as being under the same knockoff umbrella, but in a few ppl's eyes there is a difference.

$60-75

Let the focus group begin. #YouWorkForThem
wink.gif
that's about how much RL charges for mass produced hats... so i think you're a little off the mark on this one. Rohe hats are made in limited quantities with more attention to detail, which commands a higher price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom