**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

selfridges description for the rugby says that this model is 6' 2.5'', 32 waist.. .and he is wearing a medium. this look right? it still looks long enough for him and he is basically 6'3''?
upload_2018-1-31_9-54-51.png

upload_2018-1-31_9-54-31.png
All I know is I’m 5’8” 175 pounds and 33 waist and L was too short for my liking

My Selfridges order got canceled...

"You placed an order with us but had a change of heart. Don't worry, we have cancelled your order "

WTF...and now I tried to contact them and it says to try later.

I usually trust the sizing on END and Mr.Porter because they do independent measuring of every garment so you get real life sizing. I also see the models are always listed as having 37-38" chest and 32 waist and dudes are always rocking a perfectly fitting "Medium"...lol. For this release, unfortunately, no sizing information really available before purchase.

However, based on the items that i've purchased and received (vest, hoody rugby, pullover) I would say the sizing is not consisten across the collection:

Hooded Rugby - chest sizing, body width and arm circumference is very close to classic fit IMO. It is a tad shorter than usual.

Vest - same as above but felt even shorter because of the elastic bottom. When I zipped all the way up it was comfortable over a sweatshirt.

Pullover - longer in the body then the pieces above, sleeve length on a small is probably 34.5" (not bad for me) but overall the body is very bulky and can easily accomodate a few layers.

damn I'm looking at how Polo store in Hong Kong doing this Snow Beach release with pure jealousy and envy. they had DJs spinning wax and all that. smh

I usually trust the sizing on END and Mr.Porter because they do independent measuring of every garment so you get real life sizing. I also see the models are always listed as having 37-38" chest and 32 waist and dudes are always rocking a perfectly fitting "Medium"...lol. For this release, unfortunately, no sizing information really available before purchase.

However, based on the items that i've purchased and received (vest, hoody rugby, pullover) I would say the sizing is not consisten across the collection:

Hooded Rugby - chest sizing, body width and arm circumference is very close to classic fit IMO. It is a tad shorter than usual.

Vest - same as above but felt even shorter because of the elastic bottom. When I zipped all the way up it was comfortable over a sweatshirt.

Pullover - longer in the body then the pieces above, sleeve length on a small is probably 34.5" (not bad for me) but overall the body is very bulky and can easily accomodate a few layers.

So If i'm regularly a size medium in classic fit a XS Snow Beach Pullover would be a decent more modern looking fit?

what a pain in the *** ordering the limited edition "capsule" stuff when you cant try it on... especially with RL's inconsistency on sizing across their lines/designs.

what a pain in the *** ordering the limited edition "capsule" stuff when you cant try it on... especially with RL's inconsistency on sizing across their lines/designs.
To add insult to injury you see everyone over seas casually walking in trying everything on, selecting what ever they would like. It is ridiculous that we cant even try things on or get any reliable info. They dont care about anyone in NY getting pieces. They are using NY as the model to show the rest of the world. "Look how people are going nuts in NY, run and grab this stuff its popular". Its all a ploy to increase popularity and sales overseas.

Yo the descriptions on sites always be tripping me out
They always list the model at like 6'2-6'3 and they are ALWAYS wearing a medium.

that's the RL description they give the vendors... their models always wear mediums

So If i'm regularly a size medium in classic fit a XS Snow Beach Pullover would be a decent more modern looking fit?

I don't know about XS, but definitely the S... everybody on IG that got one is trying to downsize

The dude in the snow beach ski photoshoot is rocking a medium and he has space for a turtleneck, button up, and it still looks like he can fit more garments under it

To add insult to injury you see everyone over seas casually walking in trying everything on, selecting what ever they would like. It is ridiculous that we cant even try things on or get any reliable info. They dont care about anyone in NY getting pieces. They are using NY as the model to show the rest of the world. "Look how people are going nuts in NY, run and grab this stuff its popular". Its all a ploy to increase popularity and sales overseas.
I don't necessarily think thats it. The culture is different overseas. Here everyone wants to be a reseller, line up, and cause drama. Only other culture I can think of is Asians who are used to lining up for everything, but I doubt they ever cause enough trouble to get the police called on them or releases shut down.

Back
Top Bottom