**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

upload_2018-8-6_21-7-48.jpeg

Gonna be a lot of sour dudes on the gram over them US Open/Stadium pieces :lol:

Just wait til sometime down the line... Polo factory stores habe stadium/pwing/snow beach pieces (in some form or another). You know it will happen one day...

I'm actually wondering - since the patchwork varsity polo came out finally at factory stores.. But was in Europe the year before... I wonder if that snow beach bear stuff (tshirt, sweatshirt?) that only came out in Europe will be in the factory stores this winter?

Here's some clearer pics
Screenshot_20180806-154543_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20180806-154614_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20180806-154621_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20180806-154904_Messages.jpg

Another one

32AE5825-CC05-4348-867F-F0CC7E147D32.jpeg
I love the concept as a whole, but the symmetry that Ralph is known for is absent in almost every item in the U.S. Open collection. e.g., the "Polo Tennis" on the front looks unbalanced, and the Polo Plate is just not wide enough on the tricolor, "US Open on the back of the varsity has No arch and no spacing, etc. It's sad RL would green light this. It looks like RL rushed production to get these out.

Last edited:
I love the concept as a whole, but the symmetry that Ralph is known for is absent in almost every item in the U.S. Open collection. e.g., the "Polo Tennis" on the front looks unbalanced, and the Polo Plate is just not wide enough on the tricolor, "US Open on the back of the varsity has No arch and no spacing, etc. It's sad RL would green light this. It looks like RL rushed production to get these out.
All that **** looks corny. Very unoriginal and pandering. Rlpc has always shined when it came to the us open,wimbleton,Olympics and limited editions but now it’s a lot of off colors (not the dyes that’s associated quality wise) a lot of it just look goofy imo. Back in 04 when they introduced the big pony (first to officially do the big logo thing in that style) it was only for the us open and fresh and new and put some life back into rl .
These “new” imaging of “classics” are for the birds. Wtf are these “designers” at rl doing?.

All that **** looks corny. Very unoriginal and pandering. Rlpc has always shined when it came to the us open,wimbleton,Olympics and limited editions but now it’s a lot of off colors (not the dyes that’s associated quality wise) a lot of it just look goofy imo. Back in 04 when they introduced the big pony (first to officially do the big logo thing in that style) it was only for the us open and fresh and new and put some life back into rl .
These “new” imaging of “classics” are for the birds. Wtf are these “designers” at rl doing?.

Gotta disagree on "always shined" when it comes to the US open tennis stuff.

Early on it had some special-ness. Later, and for majority of the years for partnership, it became either really basic stuff with logo slapped on... Or weird versions of basic stuff... Like neon patches and sections.

They haven't put any effort into us open for like a decade.

Totally agree on early us open stuff tho.. It was original big pony stuff (so it could be seen on camera) and the quality was great. Think it was all RLX stuff... Outside of the print on back (a HUGE pony, entire back of jacket) which is fading.. It's held up great.

Attachments

• 14B580EE-34D9-42CF-8781-78F06724BB0B.jpeg
    14B580EE-34D9-42CF-8781-78F06724BB0B.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 15
  • E3463C6C-0027-4461-BB3E-69389278C56D.jpeg
    E3463C6C-0027-4461-BB3E-69389278C56D.jpeg
    630.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Gotta disagree on "always shined" when it comes to the US open tennis stuff.

Early on it had some special-ness. Later, and for majority of the years for partnership, it became either really basic stuff with logo slapped on... Or weird versions of basic stuff... Like neon patches and sections.

They haven't put any effort into us open for like a decade.

Totally agree on early us open stuff tho.. It was original big pony stuff (so it could be seen on camera) and the quality was great. Think it was all RLX stuff... Outside of the print on back (a HUGE pony, entire back of jacket) which is fading.. It's held up great

Even before he become the official outfitters I’m talking about 1988 on the tennis line in 92/93 the gothic/old English font line from 93/94 cross rackets are all top notch. From 04 to I give rl to 07/08 us open items was a go. Visors wristband socks ect rl was back to the classics. When he put the pig pony on everything it got corny(and I have more than I need big pony lol) the rlx us open stuff was from almost jump(I only got hats and pants left) and I agree now it’s hurt just look at the stuff you posted and I see all over ig....horrible. Look at the fake plates polo. Ewwww.

Last edited:
Kind of flew under radar...

They actually are doing some cool RLX stuff for their Ryder Cup PGA sponsorship.

The official ryder cup uniform pants are pretty sweet... Saw them on Neiman Marcus but only a couple sizes left.

If you want - go to the PGA.com shop, almost all sizes available.

B0F9344B-F2AF-44AB-8B54-1326D11EEFF1.png

anyone know where the remaining CP-93 limited edition stock went?

RSVP Gallery in Chicago had pretty much every item still in stock.. and then one day, it was all off the site. out of the store.
I'm assuming it went back to Ralph? Doesn't seem to have popped up on the website, though.

am pissed I missed grabbing the crest jacket when it was discounted on one of the sites... any of the smaller shops in USA still got some of the limited edition stuff on their site?

RSVP Gallery in Chicago had pretty much every item still in stock.. and then one day, it was all off the site. out of the store.
I'm assuming it went back to Ralph? Doesn't seem to have popped up on the website, though.

am pissed I missed grabbing the crest jacket when it was discounted on one of the sites... any of the smaller shops in USA still got some of the limited edition stuff on their site?
https://www.openingceremony.com/Designers/P/POLO-by-Ralph-Lauren/Still has some stuff up for retail...some items are sold out like the crest jacket.

I believe it went back to RL.COM... now although the site wont show it if you search internally, and the customer service agents cannot order it for you and will tell you its not in stock, if you google the item you want its possible they may have sizes in stock. I was able to order a cp-93 limited jacket about a week ago and was at my door in 2 days... not only that but i was able to get it for half off the ticket price because the page showed 50% off limited edition items. I still saw some items last i checked, thought the crest jacket is certainly gone.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where all this hi tech stuff is coming from?

Pretty sure a few of those guys have a friend at a dept store. They sell stuff that ends up at Macy's a few weeks before.... So that's all probably stuff for hi-tech drop that will hit at end of August... My guess.

Anyone know the date or got the breakdown of which stores are getting what?

Back
Top Bottom