**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Dope piece, they run slim. I got medium and large and ended up keeping the large.

Attachments

• IMG_20180808_223704.jpg
    IMG_20180808_223704.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 27
Slam tee is totally sold out, most of the saks preorders sold out already... on the fence with a lot of that stuff personally anyway, not 100% if that Alpine joint is for me. There's really only a handful of Hi-tech pieces i want, the rafting club rugby, the climb/trek tees mainly. Then when they blow it all out on clearance ill clean up like i did with the CP93 stuff.

Facts...what everyone else was saying...thanks for the heads up...playa of the week fo’sho

i appreciate that. its actually pretty sad that I check this shiit each morning and clamor for it, but I cant help it... i'm OCD with any hobbies of mine -- 100% all in, gotta know everything.
figure if I'm going to be that way anyway, should try to post it on here to re-pay the favor of others giving heads up. i probably post too much --- new products when they show up, or when i find them on IG... feel free to mute me if you aren't a crazed fanatic like myself, i get it!

Think this is the display at an RL store in Asia somewhere...

88B4C5DC-FFDC-4B64-9ACA-CA284ED1E051.jpeg

Scanning this photo, mentally going back and forth between copping new, or spending the same or on the Bay for the OG? OG is winning. I'm getting old, and don't want 5 thousand colors on, and big words all over everything. Red and blue vest and solid yellow vest could be a go. I like my Hi Tech like that - let the patch do the talking. Besides that... well, I like that bucket hat.

HEY, what is that Camo jacket behind the Alpine short sleeve hanging on the rack???

Us XL / XXL cats can't do that. Wish I could. We see something and want to jump, you've gotta jump, or be rocking a size schmedium.

I'm an XL too and you're right, anything desirable or sought after has to be copped with the quickness or you run the risk of missing out... but this looks like a HUGE collection and outside of the staple pieces i think we will see a lot of this Hi-tech stuff hit sale/clearance prices in some capacity for one because of the amount of pieces in the collection, two; the hi-tech line is nowhere near as iconic as something like the stadium, snow beach or crest/rivi and C; the fact they kind of ****ed a lot of it up...

To me there's only a handful of pieces worth copping. The alpine joint just looks off (though i know that wont stop people from buying it including myself possibly) and the giant Hi-tech logos all over everything else are odd considering a majority of the original line were mostly basic solid/colorblock pieces with a simple patch on the shoulder or chest. They are also mismatching lines and logos like the Cookie/Polo-USA & Suicide all on one bag or the RLPC67 shirts with Hi-tech patches on it.

It was one thing when they did the black snow beach, or the cross flag stuff was part of the CP-93 collection but this is just lazy. They clearly need a creative director with even minimal knowledge of this stuff to keep these retro lines in check because with each release they are taking more and more 'creative liberties" and not showing respect to the original lines. Case in point; The US OPEN stuff released this morning and the SLAM tee which is a mostly faithful recreation of the original sold out completely while they are sitting on a full size run of the bootleg 2018 stadium plate joint.

anyone know the sizing on that US OPEN plates polo? It looks like their "sport" material, which means it probably shouldn't shrink at all. it says some cotton, but my guess is that's only the plate? trying to figure out if its closer to the classic fit or the custom fit.

also -- any die hards that want to eat their cereal or ice cream out of a Ralph's coffee bowl... they fixed the product page on the website, and its selling now. (they ran into an issue with the logo of Ralph's coffee showing the old address, that they don't have anymore... so i think that's why they had to pull all the product off the sight at one point. re-designed anything that had the old logo with the address on the products/boxes.)

upload_2018-8-9_12-5-36.png

Back
Top Bottom