**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Nope it’s not.
just came back from the nyc lo trade. Homie bought quite a few pieces from me. Turn out was good but I think the rain kept a lot of people home.
9680BAB3-6AC5-47B2-887C-A10560C14FFA.jpeg
AA20B3E9-C0C5-44FA-AC4A-EBAF972DB473.jpeg

I had regular quite items and got most of it off. I got a lot of “yo u letting this go??? For how much??? Yep I am and yesfir that. I’m not with the head crack. Came home with less than half a 40” collapsable duffel bag so I’m not mad.(Hey could have stayed home and made no bread) stuck to my guns and did not buy one piece and it was some classic pieces in the building I was eyeing but didn’t budge.Whole tables with all those pieces y’all wanted was in the building too.

Nope it’s not.
just came back from the nyc lo trade. Homie bought quite a few pieces from me. Turn out was good but I think the rain kept a lot of people home.
9680BAB3-6AC5-47B2-887C-A10560C14FFA.jpeg
AA20B3E9-C0C5-44FA-AC4A-EBAF972DB473.jpeg

I had regular quite items and got most of it off. I got a lot of “yo u letting this go??? For how much??? Yep I am and yesfir that. I’m not with the head crack. Came home with less than half a 40” collapsable duffel bag so I’m not mad.(Hey could have stayed home and made no bread) stuck to my guns and did not buy one piece and it was some classic pieces in the building I was eyeing but didn’t budge.Whole tables with all those pieces y’all wanted was in the building too.
Do you know the story behind it?

Purple label gets the quality polo menswear pieces blue label used to get in the 90s.
Either you wear the womens line or Purple label. The cruise polo looks decent. Still waiting on my 3m Stadium pop over wind breaker. Its a no brainer. A running jacket with 3m arms and 1992. So easy to make grails and they give us meh stuff. Nice work on the cruise polo.

Dont see em as comparable or even swappable.

Purple label stuff won't hold up like polo. It's all delicate, or made by hand, or needs to be dry cleaned and can't be washed at home.

Some of the newer lower end (athleisure) purple label is changing that, as it's basically more expensive polo... But the vast majority of purple label has been about true higher end fashion, and it will never hold up like a polo... Or even Levi's.. Or even basic store brand Target stuff.. Basic consumer for purple label doesn't care or want longevity of item. That's not the profile of a high-end fashion conscious consumer of $200-500 tshirts and $2-5k suits.

I've seen quite a few folks thinking a purple label suit is nicer and will hold up forever. It is nicer, which means it will fall apart long before a basic polo suit. That just goes for any wool suitting when comparing something made with a super 150s vs something lower end.. Or even a 90wool cheap suit, the elbows will last far longer than the purple label.

Not necessarily the fabric, the over all look of the pieces is better on the womens wear and Purple Label.
Thats just my opinion. The menswear Polo looks forced. Look at the cp 93 stuff in womens compared to mens. The womens line has deep rich block colors and great graphics (page 1436 of the blog). The menswear has mostly big patches, faded colors, and pressed vinyl lettering. Not the same asthetic. But I see your point. I am tempted to buy the womens sail boat flag knit with the polo on the cuff. The colors are very heavy and rich. If I had guts , I would pay a tailor turn that CP 93 dress with the arm lettering into a mens shirt. The rich colors and font are great. I am straight so dont get any ideas. The colors and font on the womens line is just superior. They need a mens version sweater and shirt to both of those.

Last edited:
You got to put that out there. Not that there is anything wrong with that. To each his own.
I wear Polo to get girls attention. Thats why I wore it in highschool. I dont see too many females at Polo events thats why I don't go. Too many dudes.

Yup and I ran down what colors a few pages back and he has all of them. That’s my dude ceez and his stash is something you just have to see to believe. Multiples of sizes from various line it’s crazy and his samples are bananas @supermanblue79 Yo all the heavy hitters are peoples outside of any of this we don’t even talk about lo we build on life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom