**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

IMG_20220831_224321_320.jpg

⭐️️

Tis the season again... well, soon.

s7-1436888_lifestyle.jpg

58503B04-F9B1-4DD8-A007-1BEAAEEDECEF.jpeg
So... I bought this hat. Today, checking emails, and I get this;
return.jpg

One problem; I didn't return anything. This hat is in my hand, now.

I check my Paypal, and shonuff, there is a $37.09 refund from Uncle Ralph. They did not refund the $10.00 rush shipping I accidentally clicked on at checkout. So, according to this, I paid $10.00 for this hat.
The question is, how did this happen? And has this happened to any of you?

Wal-Mart did this years ago with two tires I bought off the website. Refunded my money, I look out the window and the tires were touching the driveway, supporting my ride. In each case, I wasn't trying to get over, but I did. Thanks, Unc!

return.jpg

I check my Paypal, and shonuff, there is a $37.09 refund from Uncle Ralph. They did not refund the $10.00 rush shipping I accidentally clicked on at checkout. So, according to this, I paid $10.00 for this hat.

Wal-Mart did this years ago with two tires I bought off the website. Refunded my money, I look out the window and the tires were touching the driveway, supporting my ride. In each case, I wasn't trying to get over, but I did. Thanks, Unc!
return.jpg

This happened to me a few months back, when they released Browns white P-Wing “rings” sweatshirt. Copped two and a week later, same email & full refund back in the account.

Winter-themed short-sleeved t-shirts and polos have always been a unique Ralph Lauren oddity that makes zero sense, but has just become part of, (how does one say it?), "tHe CuLtUrE".
Yeah fair to say they always had ski themed tees & button ups like the 04 ski line so I guess it’s really nothing new.

Those paisley shirts are nice, but something about that horsey logo - "POLO" script combo automatically screams flea market/swap meet fugazi specials to me. Ralph & co should just stick to one or the other, on any singular piece, imo.

Those paisley shirts are nice, but something about that horsey logo - "POLO" script combo automatically screams flea market/swap meet fugazi specials to me. Ralph & co should just stick to one or the other, on any singular piece, imo.
Definitely got that mid 90s Broadway vibe .

return.jpg

Attachments

• free hat.gif
    free hat.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
got a 30% coupon for the outlets... not sure I should even bother checking my local store... the sales have been horrible the last year... besides some throw pillows I don't remember the last thing I bought at the outlets smh

Winter-themed short-sleeved t-shirts and polos have always been a unique Ralph Lauren oddity that makes zero sense, but has just become part of, (how does one say it?), "tHe CuLtUrE".

I think it's for layering.

I appreciate they do it cause sometimes id like a heavy graphic piece but layered under some less gaudy stuff.

Also like having stuff matching the season... Even if it's a tshirt or polo. At school, job, etc... Alot of times it's actually warmer inside during the winter then during the summer.

Also think it sells better. The season specific stuff (down jackets, swim trunks, etc) are things folks don't use for large chunks of the year. Average person reduces the utility of additional pieces in the same category... (second pair of swim trunks harder to sell... Third even harder... Etc.)

Not the same psychology for other pieces. Ralph probably gets the ski tshirts made for $4-5, pumps em out at $50-80. Easy money... Same basic item as last year but with new graphics printed on.

2 more of these left on zappos in size 12. Don't think they got more than 5ish.

Haven't seen em anywhere else.

Basically the polo version of same shoe (design, color, etc) that purple label put out last year for $700-800.

Almost grabbed at retail of $148...but checked today and zappos randomly dropped price to $89.
Screenshot_20220903-123838.png

I think it's for layering.

I appreciate they do it cause sometimes id like a heavy graphic piece but layered under some less gaudy stuff.

Also like having stuff matching the season... Even if it's a tshirt or polo. At school, job, etc... Alot of times it's actually warmer inside during the winter then during the summer.

Also think it sells better. The season specific stuff (down jackets, swim trunks, etc) are things folks don't use for large chunks of the year. Average person reduces the utility of additional pieces in the same category... (second pair of swim trunks harder to sell... Third even harder... Etc.)

Not the same psychology for other pieces. Ralph probably gets the ski tshirts made for $4-5, pumps em out at $50-80. Easy money... Same basic item as last year but with new graphics printed on.
Interesting point never thought of it that way.

went to the outlet today and didn't think I'd cop anything... saw black ranger boots on sale for 105 in a size 12... told them I need an 8.5 so they gave me phone numbers to the stores to call myself... the second store had only that size and shipped it to me... came to $73 with the 30% off... hopefully I got the right size... do ranger boots generally run big? I usually go 1/2 size down in timbs

Back
Top Bottom