The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

Can’t believe Questions selling out. Red toes and blue toes didn’t even sell out. The quality and material of these are so bad now. It’s a shame seeing people pay retail for these.

Hahahaha Hahahaha Probably one of the few shoes running actual leather though, not that 'tumbled' vinyl crap. Sockliner and padding are OK but I hear you on the midsole (fake Hexalite) and overall build quality.

I still have a couple of ds red toe suede questions sitting in the closet. 2006 anniversary edition and the low top version from a few years back. Might pick these up if they’re available to me in stores.

Edit: Just remembered I also have an og 1996 pair too. I haven’t opened that shoe box in 10+ years

I still have a couple of ds red toe suede questions sitting in the closet. 2006 anniversary edition and the low top version from a few years back. Might pick these up if they’re available to me in stores.

Edit: Just remembered I also have an og 1996 pair too. I haven’t opened that shoe box in 10+ years

Yeah we need pics of the OG’s...

The one thing I’ve always hated on all the retros that have released, was the reworked toe bumper...Where the outsole comes up and attaches to the toebox...I’m glad they got some of the little details right with the new release...But damn I'd like to have one release where they fixed that...

Finally for the 1st time since the 98 retro, navy blue outline stitching on the vector and back 3. Also the the spotted shoe strings. Outside of the fake hexalite, this is the closest to the OG red toes.

Yeah this is the closest to OGs we’ve ever had. Damn shame they ****ed up the hexalite.

Yeah we need pics of the OG’s...

The one thing I’ve always hated on all the retros that have released, was the reworked toe bumper...Where the outsole comes up and attaches to the toebox...I’m glad they got some of the little details right with the new release...But damn I'd like to have one release where they fixed that...

Yes, let's see the originals. It's nearly impossible to find any pictures of them on the internet these days.

I'm with you 100% on the outsole-around-the-front-of-the-toe thing. I think they originally changed it to stitching ( in '98 ) to prevent the separation issues that occurred with the OGs. But the original shape with the indented Reebok logo was the best.

And while we're on the topic of minor details, how about the original laces with the one strand of 3M running through them? I'd love to see that minor detail return, as well. For some reason it has always been overlooked.

vegetaray123 vegetaray123 I found these pictures. It looks like the toebox outsole came up much higher on the OG pairs and was narrower.

1595958384438.jpeg

akg8jogaacxgrmjv8q2d.jpg

Finally for the 1st time since the 98 retro, navy blue outline stitching on the vector and back 3. Also the the spotted shoe strings. Outside of the fake hexalite, this is the closest to the OG red toes.
Yeah this is the closest to OGs we’ve ever had. Damn shame they ****ed up the hexalite.

tonyg1 tonyg1 Hahahaha Hahahaha considering that all we keep getting is Question retros would it kill the MFers at Reebok to put in some actual Hexalite?

I doubt they'd be stuck with Question specific Hexalite pods seeing as it's Reebok's AF1 and manufacturing costs should be far cheaper than in the '90s. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
vegetaray123 vegetaray123 I found these pictures. It looks like the toebox outsole came up much higher on the OG pairs and was narrower.

1595958384438.jpeg

akg8jogaacxgrmjv8q2d.jpg

Taller and narrower for sure...Also didn’t have the stitching and had a vector logo on it...

I always figured that the reason it got changed was due to the possibility that it could peel away from the upper...Still I wish they’d replicate it since it hasn’t been like that since the OG’s...Purely an aesthetic complaint...Now the Hexalite pods, yeah that a little past aesthetics at this point...

tonyg1 tonyg1 Hahahaha Hahahaha considering that all we keep getting is Question retros would it kill the MFers at Reebok to put in some actual Hexalite?

I doubt they'd be stuck with Question specific Hexalite pods seeing as it's Reebok's AF1 and manufacturing costs should be far cheaper than in the '90s. :smh: :smh: :smh:

The fake hexalite blew my mind the first time I saw it. That **** better be saving them like $20 a shoe.

I won't buy the red pair because of that. It almost looks like a fake shoe to me.

Only fake hexalites I have are the royal blue toes cause they were $55 and the yellow all star game joints cause they were $47.

Have no idea who Eric Emanuel is but these are extremely weak, literally took 'em all of 5 minutes to palette swap the red toes. :smh: :smh: :smh:

These look like some bootleg shoes with a collaboration name stamped on it which will cause artificial demand. I don't even know who the hell that guy is honestly.

I just learned this morning that the suede red toe is re-releasing next month. I think I'll try to get a pair since I already have both rookie jerseys of Iverson. Damn, it's been several years since I had a pair of Reebok shoes.

Please educate me on the history of the Question line. I recall the blue toe pretty much sold out in 1997. I remember the suede red toe wasn't widely available as it was limited and somewhat regionally available like in his home state of Virginia. And the Question ceased to exist in 1997 after Iverson's rookie season ended because all his signature shoes were the Answer going forward.

I did actually get the suede red toe during summer 1998. Matter of fact, I think I got them on the day of SummerSlam 1998! Like before I went to my close friend's grandmother's house to watch that pay-per-view event with him on pirated cable. Damn, that's some '90s stuff right there with pirated cable on illicitly modified boxes.

I stopped wearing those shoes in 1999 for some reason. I think I put them away in storage. I don't know what ever happened to them. They didn't come with me when I moved to where I have resided since December 2007. So were the 1998 version I had any different from the ones released in 1997 that were limited in quantity?

Yes. The ‘98 Red Toe (Suede) had plain white laces, without the 3M strip. And the outsole was stitched to the suede at the toe, and shaped differently with no vector logo.

Here’s the ‘98. Plain laces and stitched outsole:
View attachment 2619498

View attachment 2619496

And the OG:
View attachment 2619497

Thanks a lot for elaborating with pictures!

I did forget to mention I noticed the '98 version had plain white laces when I had them. I can't believe I just learned the original version had spotted laces until I saw pictures of next month's rehash earlier today.

Can you please educate me on what is an outsole? I definitely know the difference between insole and midsole. Is the outsole the part of the sole that comes out in the front of the toe area?

I honestly never knew the front of the original version had the small vector logo on it and no stitching.

Back
Top Bottom