**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

:smh: he needs to realize he isn't on Jay-Z, Drake & Em's level when it comes to the music.
Some of these NTERS need to realize that too ROSS ain't even on TIP level ROSS is mediocre man he just hype NTERS up with the outlandish foolery he does with the big talk during radio interviews,MMG press conferance,etc...

people getting tired of that same formula

personally i think he should go with a smooth aston martin music or amsterdam type joint for the first single but if he gonna try to get that club/street record, he at least got to work with some more diverse producers who can still deliver bangers . . . guys like hit boy, zaytoven, harry fraud, childish major, dun deal, mannie fresh, timbo, hudson mohawke etc. etc. . . . lex aint really been putting himself out there like that but his new sound kind mixes EDM influence with trap perfectly

he cant keep running with the same song

Its obvious by now 99% of mainstream rappers have a 5-10 year window when theyre popular. After a few albums people move onto the next big thing. I still like Rozays music but he aint gettin his buzz back.

Last edited:
Its obvious by now 99% of mainstream rappers have a 5-10 year window when theyre popular. After a few albums people move onto the next big thing. I still like Rozays music but he aint gettin his buzz back.

Has more to do with the lack of musicality in his music IMO although I do agree buzz is a fleeting thing amongst music artist.

Every song from MMG sounds the same. He's made "No Games" 124323243 times. When you are that repetitive, (The Whole MMG sans Wale is repetitive as hell) and the repetitiveness is that basic "Levels" "No Games" "So Sophisticated" "Hold Be Back" type of records, it becomes easily replaceable. There is nothing really special about anything Ross does musically.If Ross delivered music the way he describes it in interviews he would be on as hell. This is just my opinion but the music just sounds so lazy and unmotivated. Like, you really sat in the studio and worked hard as hell to come up with the concept for "No Games?" Like the best you could come up with was THE SAME SONG YOU'VE BEEN DOING SINCE BMF AND MC HAMMER?

Just my opinion but yeah. Look at guys like Kendrick, Drake, Cole, guys who I feel will be around for awhile. They never get stuck making the same songs. They also make records that people want to live with, rather than just nod their heads to which is a big difference. Ross doesn't make music that stick, at least not anymore. There was a time that he did. (Tears of Joy) But now, it's nothing but repetitive, non motivated, filler.

the problem is nobody can really relate to Rick Ross, all he raps about is kilos of coke and being a kingpin. he doesn't rap about real life struggles. i think it's gonna be hard for him to recover but i may be wrong too.

just give me ross over those smooth J.U.S.T.I.C.E. league beats & ill be happy :smokin

this is definitely getting pushed back though :lol:

the problem is nobody can really relate to Rick Ross, all he raps about is kilos of coke and being a kingpin. he doesn't rap about real life struggles. i think it's gonna be hard for him to recover but i may be wrong too.

Yup, that goes right back to my point. He makes music with hard hitting beats that you nod your head to occasionally, but it's not music that you can live with. It isn't music that you feel is a part of you. It doesn't make you feel. It doesn't strike an emotional chord. When you make music that doesn't do that, your shelf life is limited. I am honestly surprised at how far he's gotten. It's a balance.

Ironically, the rapper who lied about his life being real, can't make real music. Go figure.

Has more to do with the lack of musicality in his music IMO although I do agree buzz is a fleeting thing amongst music artist.

Every song from MMG sounds the same. He's made "No Games" 124323243 times. When you are that repetitive, (The Whole MMG sans Wale is repetitive as hell) and the repetitiveness is that basic "Levels" "No Games" "So Sophisticated" "Hold Be Back" type of records, it becomes easily replaceable. There is nothing really special about anything Ross does musically.If Ross delivered music the way he describes it in interviews he would be on as hell. This is just my opinion but the music just sounds so lazy and unmotivated. Like, you really sat in the studio and worked hard as hell to come up with the concept for "No Games?" Like the best you could come up with was THE SAME SONG YOU'VE BEEN DOING SINCE BMF AND MC HAMMER?

Just my opinion but yeah. Look at guys like Kendrick, Drake, Cole, guys who I feel will be around for awhile. They never get stuck making the same songs. They also make records that people want to live with, rather than just nod their heads to which is a big difference. Ross doesn't make music that stick, at least not anymore. There was a time that he did. (Tears of Joy) But now, it's nothing but repetitive, non motivated, filler.
 ​
Ross makes that type of music it's just that he picks the wrong singles . . .​
 ​
All his albums are maybe 4 or 5 great sounding records with that smooth + mafioso sound . . . no one else in the game is doing that . . . but then he goes and puts some generic poopers on there with the Hold Me Back, 911, No Games type records.​
 ​
However I've been to a MMG show and he never runs out of those banger type records and they get people hype so maybe that's why he keeps doing them but he gotta find another way​
 ​
To make it even worse, No Games produced by Justice League so when I saw that I expected some either mad smooth or mad orchestral majestic type **** and then they come with that knockoff Lex beat smfh​
 ​
To those saying Ross has a year or two left . . . well I don't know his exact age but when Teflon Don came out I remember he was approaching 40 so I expect him to kind of fall back after this album anyway, really breed someone new out of MMG to be a staying force and then come out every 2-3 years like Jay​
 ​
Sidenote: Instead of doing that Lorde freestyle, he should have sampled it into a Hard Knock Life type record, sampling that "Rolls Royce, Maybach" Part​

Last edited:
Meh I told y'all year ago Ross ain't as hot a commodity his vlogs and strategic features put on.

Canceled tours, multiple pushbacks, getting dropped from Warner Bros any other artist y'all would say is done. But he got the blog game on lock

No games goes hard tho :pimp:

Meh I told y'all year ago Ross ain't as hot a commodity his vlogs and strategic features put on.

Canceled tours, multiple pushbacks, getting dropped from Warner Bros any other artist y'all would say is done. But he got the blog game on lock

No games goes hard tho :pimp:

i mean anybody who was disagreeing w/ you was just delusional because that's been obvious.

lol were will n 7th mile at so I can talk my ****

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]

Ross falling off hard I can admit that. The one thing that was always consistent was the music. He consistently made good music....last Ross related project I enjoyed was Rich Forever. self made 2 was average, GFID wasn't what it should have been, and self mAde 3 and black bar mitzvah were both terrible. I'm shocked he didn't fake a seizure or shooting this time around...Smh stop ******g around with the belaire Rose a
Bd get in the ******g lab

He's putting too much into these artists. He needs to hit the lab drop this tape, every tape he drops has a song that will do well on the radio. Then drop the album. I still have high expectations for the album

To those saying Ross has a year or two left . . . well I don't know his exact age but when Teflon Don came out I remember he was approaching 40 so I expect him to kind of fall back after this album anyway, really breed someone new out of MMG to be a staying force and then come out every 2-3 years like Jay

Sidenote: Instead of doing that Lorde freestyle, he should have sampled it into a Hard Knock Life type record, sampling that "Rolls Royce, Maybach" Part​

He's gonna try to breed Fat Trel into the new "Ross". Trel's been a groupie for Ross since his first mixtape.

Now..I didn't say it's gonna work :lol:. I just said that's probably the plan. It def. won't be Meek, cuz he's on the decline faster than Ross as we speak. And Wale's gonna be Wale, sell 150k records, do shows and write poetry :smile:lol).

Last edited:
Man if trel dropping bs like "she feel in love" he's gonna be on the shelf..but I'm still rooting for dude now slutty boyz idk..only song I like by them was their wonton soup freestyle

@Will and 7th mile "How it feel to be a real *****" HaHa in my jeezy voice

Man if trel dropping bs like "she feel in love" he's gonna be on the shelf..but I'm still rooting for dude now slutty boyz idk..only song I like by them was their wonton soup freestyle

@Will and 7th mile "How it feel to be a real *****" HaHa in my jeezy voice

Slutty Boyz are HOT garbage, besides the fact their name is suspect.

But what the hell is the "She Fell in Love" garbage, I've never heard that :lol: Probably don't wanna hear it. Cuz needs to go back to his No Secrets flow.

Back
Top Bottom