**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

rozay is on a hotstreak...i STILL listen to ashes to ashes on a consistent basis

rozay is on a hotstreak...i STILL listen to ashes to ashes on a consistent basis

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

You kidding? Since Trilla this +@+%@ has been murdering it. 

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

You kidding? Since Trilla this +@+%@ has been murdering it. 

All i can say is he trying to do his best Jay-Z imitation with the consistency of the albums by droppin yearly.

Teflon Don was a step back from Deeper Than Rap...but heres to hopin he bring sum of that Mafiso feel back.

All i can say is he trying to do his best Jay-Z imitation with the consistency of the albums by droppin yearly.

Teflon Don was a step back from Deeper Than Rap...but heres to hopin he bring sum of that Mafiso feel back.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

I don't know about step back. Teflon Don was like his Hard Knock Life album to me. He went a bit more mainstream on it but the album was still full of bangers. I got that as a lateral move as of right now. I think he's done with the mafiso %!+. I think he should be anyway. On to the next sound. I Just hope its not BMF or MC Hammer type sound. They bang don't get me wrong but I look at Rawse as to having that more mature sound in his music like Aston Martin Music was.

I don't know about step back. Teflon Don was like his Hard Knock Life album to me. He went a bit more mainstream on it but the album was still full of bangers. I got that as a lateral move as of right now. I think he's done with the mafiso %!+. I think he should be anyway. On to the next sound. I Just hope its not BMF or MC Hammer type sound. They bang don't get me wrong but I look at Rawse as to having that more mature sound in his music like Aston Martin Music was.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

yea thats basically it, we on the same page. Far as a new sound...i dont know, his strongest attribute is the alliteration and ear for dope beats. How would u have him switch it up n still be tolerable? 
I think adding storytelling and actually caring the album lyrically instead of the relying on the guest appearances to carry the bulk of the album will be better route  

yea thats basically it, we on the same page. Far as a new sound...i dont know, his strongest attribute is the alliteration and ear for dope beats. How would u have him switch it up n still be tolerable? 
I think adding storytelling and actually caring the album lyrically instead of the relying on the guest appearances to carry the bulk of the album will be better route  

Yea I wonder is he even capable of being more of a storyteller? It would take more effort on his part. He has the work ethic. But yea i'd love if he'd take that route on at least some of the songs. Because right now he's just randomly spitting on his albums like Gucci and Wayne do. He needs to take that next step as a artist if he wants to continue to grow.

Yea I wonder is he even capable of being more of a storyteller? It would take more effort on his part. He has the work ethic. But yea i'd love if he'd take that route on at least some of the songs. Because right now he's just randomly spitting on his albums like Gucci and Wayne do. He needs to take that next step as a artist if he wants to continue to grow.

yo, this dude is FRIED!!! i know the feeling. 
laugh.gif

i wouldn't consider what Ross is doing a "Jay-Z impression," but rather what an artist is supposed to do.. capitalize off of momentum. Ross is pound for pound the hottest rapper in the game right now and it'd be in the best interest of him and his label to release another album asap. i'm glad to hear that the album will be "darker and more lyrical," hopefully more songs in the same vein as The Transporter.

yo, this dude is FRIED!!! i know the feeling. 
laugh.gif

i wouldn't consider what Ross is doing a "Jay-Z impression," but rather what an artist is supposed to do.. capitalize off of momentum. Ross is pound for pound the hottest rapper in the game right now and it'd be in the best interest of him and his label to release another album asap. i'm glad to hear that the album will be "darker and more lyrical," hopefully more songs in the same vein as The Transporter.

If ross makes this album on that straight mafioso, musicality tip he'll have WON in my book.

Dude's use of that raw instrumentation of personalized music is where he SHINES. No one rides beats like that better than him

If ross makes this album on that straight mafioso, musicality tip he'll have WON in my book.

Dude's use of that raw instrumentation of personalized music is where he SHINES. No one rides beats like that better than him

eek.gif
just heard some cuts. Gunplay just laid his verse on this "my gun game" track these $#%%## got the formula
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
just heard some cuts. Gunplay just laid his verse on this "my gun game" track these $#%%## got the formula
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom