**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Not feelin this new track... Touch'N You & So Sophisticated are
smokin.gif
though.

This Hold Me Back song SUCKS and I like Rick Ross smh. This album seems like its gonna suck smh. I hope I'm wrong tho

At some point in time (back around the Mafia Music days) I started to respect Ross lyrically, but dude seriously has been rehashing the same verses for the last year now.  It's gotten to the point I can't tell one Ross verse from another.

The crazy part is there is such an immense difference in the quality of the music when he switches up..... Power circle, This thing of ours, Rich Forever, Triple Beam Dreams etc. all Great songs but he keeps going back to that safety net. And he's actually regressed as an artist

they're going to release half the album before it comes out trying to catch a hot single

Funny how Rick Ross is still around but 50 cent is on a milk carton...he is not the best out by no stretch of imagination but he makes good music for the type of crowd his music attracts...

This Hold Me Back song SUCKS

Not feelin this new track

It's gotten to the point I can't tell one Ross verse from another.

doo doo

And he's actually regressed as an artist

they're going to release half the album before it comes out trying to catch a hot single

but this single is pure doo doo

Couldn't even get through the whole song.

AWFUL hook

track was terrible

My how the "mighty" have fallen........LOL.  

Ay man someone said it maybe even in this thread and I guess i've been blind due to me being a fan. This cat Rawse songs are getting far too repititive. Props to the dude who called it months ago. I gave Rawse the pass because the album hadn't dropped but with these singles and Self Made 2 these songs all got the same forumla. I've criticized Jeezy and TIP for it and its only right I do the same for Rawse. Rawse getting stagnant. He's slowly losin' that buzz and respect that it took him 6 years to build. I don't think Rawse will flop so they need to just drop the album on its due date and push it. Hopefully there are better songs on the album that will give the album some staying power. We haven't heard one collabo yet aside from his MMG comrades and that's not like a Rawse album so maybe he's saving the bangers for the album.

But there's no excuse for Rich Forever to have more bangers than GFID and that's what it looks like its shaping out to be.

Rawse gotta watch out. He's in no place to play the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" lane. No place at all. If Jeezy, Tip and Fif can't get away with it he surely can't.

Ay man someone said it maybe even in this thread and I guess i've been blind due to me being a fan. This cat Rawse songs are getting far too repititive.

Much like Rick Ross, the hardest thing for some people to do is admit the truth champ.  I'm glad you were able to take this huge first step in your approach to better enlightenment.  I applaud you for your effort, and I wish you much success on your journey of truth.  I'll be waiting for you at the finish line. 

I don't think Rawse will flop

Well at least your keeping the faith.....................blind faith at best, but faith nonetheless.

Ross should've begged Usher for that 'Lemme See It'....that woulda been the one for him. I'd bet he still got bangers for his album, but he really cant find that mainstream record for the label to run with....

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Ay man someone said it maybe even in this thread and I guess i've been blind due to me being a fan. This cat Rawse songs are getting far too repititive. 

I said it a million times awhile back and dudes tried to get at me....He took GUCCI, WAKA, and THE WHOLE BRICKSQUAD FAM's sound and tried to build an "empire" off it. 

Yes, Gucci put Waka, Lex Luger, and Southside all on the map @ pretty much the sametime. But since he couldn't stay out of his own way w/ multiple legal issues (something real n_'s tend to deal with) something Ross wouldn't know about...the industry started flooding the game with the 808 Riddum while Gucci was doing his small back 2 back stints in jail.

The problem is, unlike bricksquad fans....TRUE Rick Ross X Wale fans aren't looking for that consistently ignorant HARD rap when it comes to their mixtapes/albums. Their fans are looking for songs with substance and smooth elegant beats where than can display their talent/creativity like DTR & MAN.

That is all.

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

I said it a million times awhile back and dudes tried to get at me....He took GUCCI, WAKA, and THE WHOLE BRICKSQUAD FAM's sound and tried to build an "empire" off it. 

Yes, Gucci put Waka, Lex Luger, and Southside all on the map @ pretty much the sametime. But since he couldn't stay out of his own way w/ multiple legal issues (something real n_'s tend to deal with) something Ross wouldn't know about...the industry started flooding the game with the 808 Riddum while Gucci was doing his small back 2 back stints in jail.

The problem is, unlike bricksquad fans....TRUE Rick Ross X Wale fans aren't looking for that consistently ignorant HARD rap when it comes to their mixtapes/albums. Their fans are looking for songs with substance and smooth elegant beats where than can display their talent/creativity like DTR & MAN.

That is all.
Spot on. Rick Ross listened to 'Hard In The Paint' and said "Lex, I need you to make me a beat like that" and out came 'BMF'...to which hoards of other rappers said "Lex, Southside, Sonny Digital, 
and Young Chop, I need you to produce me a beat JUST like BMF". No wonder 'Triple F Life' is such a departure from 'Flockaveli'.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Much like Rick Ross, the hardest thing for some people to do is admit the truth champ.  I'm glad you were able to take this huge first step in your approach to better enlightenment.  I applaud you for your effort, and I wish you much success on your journey of truth.  I'll be waiting for you at the finish line. 

I don't think Rawse will flop

Well at least your keeping the faith.....................blind faith at best, but faith nonetheless.
laugh.gif
Stop it. There's a difference between me and you. I just want good music. I don't care who it comes from. You over here been not liking Rawse over some personal #%% like he smashed your B. Rawse music getting repititive. He's straying away from what made him popular. He showed growth as a artist but now he's walking a straight line if not falling under it.

In regards to him flopping, maybe I shouldn't say I don't think he will flop. I mean to say regardless of when he drops the album sales will still be the same. Rawse not gonna clear the 500k first week. If Usher did 150k than Rawse should be around the same if not less. I feel like he can do 100-150k on this album first week and I have a hard time calling that a flop.

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

That is all.
I personally don't think Rawse took Wacka style and tried to make a empire out of it. I honestly feel he saw how easy it was to make songs like 9 Piece, BMF, etc. and fell in love with it and wanted to keep making the same record every time. That's alright for Rich Forever but don't give me that @**! on the main album.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Guess i'm the only one feelin' "Hold Me Back".

I had the
sick.gif
face the whole time as soon as the beat dropped.

laugh.gif
You like everything though. If I can be honest, its not a bad song. Its probably one of his better songs he's released with the "BMF sound". But its the fact he's still making these type of songs is where the problem lies.

Back
Top Bottom