THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

the kings pulled a warriors tonight. they played pretty well all game and then gave it away late.
it was nice to see the warriors step up to the plate and take the win. especially since i bet my boss (a kings fan) $5.
i do wish i started watching with like 8 mins left though. It was a pretty boring game before that.

pimp.gif

monta better get some mvp votes. without him, w's lucky to win 5 gms this yr.
feel bad for randolph, he always plays hard.

good win, hopefully it wont hurt the w's in the john wall sweepstakes lol

[h1]Warriors' Anthony Randolph suffers ankle injury[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II

[email protected]

Posted: 01/08/2010 09:50:57 PM PST

Updated: 01/09/2010 12:03:55 AM PST

Randolph sidelined with sprained left ankle

Forward Anthony Randolph suffered a sprained left ankle on the last play of the first quarter against the Sacramento Kings on Friday night and never returned.

X-rays taken after the game showed a possible fracture, and Randolph is scheduled for a CT scan today.

After injuring his ankle, Randolph was down for a couple of minutes before being helped off the court by teammates Ronny Turiaf and Chris Hunter. Randolph kept his left foot off the floor as he was being assisted to the locker room.

Randolph played the entire first quarter, totaling six points, four rebounds and an assist. The 20-year-old was in the starting lineup for the third consecutive game and was coming off a 15-point, five-rebound, three-block effort Wednesday against Minnesota.
  • Forward Corey Maggette was one of two perimeter players in the NBA averaging at least 18 points while shooting 53 percent or better from the field before Friday's game. The other was Phoenix's Steve Nash.
    Maggette has been playing at a high level the last month or so. While that's good news for the Warriors on the court, it's even better news for them off the court.

With the trade deadline just over a month away, Maggette is giving general manager Larry Riley what he needs - a reason for a team to take on Maggette and the three years and more than $30 million left on his contract.
A couple of league executives and a Warriors source confirmed that Maggette's value is on the rise, thanks to his recent play. Teams in need of a veteran boost might be more willing to trade for Maggette, who is averaging 20.6 points on 55.1 percent shooting in 31.1 minutes since the start of December.
"He's been doing this all year," Warriors guard Monta Ellis said. "It's no surprise to me."

The Warriors are looking to add a difference-maker, either by the trade deadline or this offseason. This difference-maker will command a big contract, which means the Warriors will have to give up one of their big contracts in order to make any deal work. The team's three biggest contracts belong to Ellis, center Andris Biedrins and Maggette. The Warriors would rather part with Maggette than Biedrins - Ellis is as untouchable as they come now.

The Warriors are in a position to where they almost have to make a move. With Maggette playing the way he is, it helps Riley's chances of swinging a deal by the Feb. 18 deadline. The Warriors also have more than $10 million worth of expiring contracts to use in a trade, and some excess at a couple of positions.

- Marcus Thompson II

Originally Posted by DMan14

monta better get some mvp votes. without him, w's lucky to win 5 gms this yr.
feel bad for randolph, he always plays hard.

good win, hopefully it wont hurt the w's in the john wall sweepstakes lol
Nah, not MVP. I think you have to at least have a winning record for that. But he better get All Star consideration. Playing his #@$ off.

Now that they have Biedrins and Turiaf back they are playing much better. Turiaf's impact has been
pimp.gif
. Biedrins has been okay, but he has to stay out of foul trouble (not all hisfault) and take (and make) more shots.

Originally Posted by daprescription

26.1 - 4.3 - 5.3 - 2.26
He would be an all star if T-Mac wasn't starting.
That doesn't really make any sense, it's not like Monta was 3rd in all-star votes. He'll probably take up a roster spot yes, but stillhe wasn't going to start no way, so it's not like Tracy is stealing a spot. If the coach's think he deserves to get in, he will.

Although I don't think it's likely.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

26.1 - 4.3 - 5.3 - 2.26
That doesn't really make any sense, it's not like Monta was 3rd in all-star votes. He'll probably take up a roster spot yes, but still he wasn't going to start no way, so it's not like Tracy is stealing a spot. If the coach's think he deserves to get in, he will.

What don't you get? Tracy McGrady wouldn't make the team if he wasn't voted in. There are 11 spots open instead of 12. 12 is morethan 11, do you understand that?

Anthony Randolph left Friday's game in the first quarter and has reportedly suffered a fractured left ankle.

He had six points and four rebounds before suffering the injury, and preliminary X-rays have revealed a fracture. Initial reports say he'll be out 4-6 weeks with the injury, meaning he can possibly be dropped by fantasy owners in many leagues. We'd wait until we get more information before doing so, but it doesn't look like we'll see him again until after the All-Star break. Jan. 9 - 2:28 am et

26.1 - 4.3 - 5.3 - 2.26
That doesn't really make any sense, it's not like Monta was 3rd in all-star votes. He'll probably take up a roster spot yes, but still he wasn't going to start no way, so it's not like Tracy is stealing a spot. If the coach's think he deserves to get in, he will.

What don't you get? Tracy McGrady wouldn't make the team if he wasn't voted in. There are 11 spots open instead of 12. 12 is more than 11, do you understand that?
Be real, Monta won't get that spot unless he was gonna get voted in by the fans.

It's nothing against him, but Roy, Kobe, Nash, Deron, and Chris Paul all would get the nod ahead of Monta. Coach's would probably vote someone likeTony Parker or Aaron Brooks over Monta too. It's not often that struggling teams get great players in the All-Star game, it's just like how I'mshaky that Andre Iguodala will get in, even though he's playing fantastic basketball, his team is playing like trash.

I see what you're saying, but my point is it's not like it'll make much of a difference.

[h1]Maggette's Value Is Increasing[/h1]Warriors forwardCorey Maggette has been on fire since the start of December and other teams have taken notice.
Maggette entered Friday's game averaging 20.6 points on 55.1% shooting since the beginning of last month.

His contract has three years and $30 million left on it, but a couple of league executives told the Oakland Tribune that his value is on the rise.

Golden State might be able to sweeten any possible deal with some of the more than $10 million worth of expiring contracts they have as well.

\

http://realgm.com/src_wir...tes_value_is_increasing/

26.1 - 4.3 - 5.3 - 2.26

What don't you get? Tracy McGrady wouldn't make the team if he wasn't voted in. There are 11 spots open instead of 12. 12 is more than 11, do you understand that?
Be real, Monta won't get that spot unless he was gonna get voted in by the fans.

It's nothing against him, but Roy, Kobe, Nash, Deron, and Chris Paul all would get the nod ahead of Monta. Coach's would probably vote someone like Tony Parker or Aaron Brooks over Monta too. It's not often that struggling teams get great players in the All-Star game, it's just like how I'm shaky that Andre Iguodala will get in, even though he's playing fantastic basketball, his team is playing like trash.

I see what you're saying, but my point is it's not like it'll make much of a difference.
huh?

Back
Top Bottom