THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

And these are the "demands" made by the BSU to the university...

*The demands of the Black Student Union to address the issue of poor campus climate arestated below and are to be effective immediately.*

•We demand a Permanent Task Force to fund more outreach efforts and create more opportunities for hiring African-American Faculty.

•We demand the University fully fund the traditional and non-traditional events of theBlack Student Union in our efforts to create a better climate for ourselves.

•Match Funds with Student Promoted Access Center for Education and Service (SPACES)budget including the Student Initiated Access Program and Services (SIAPS) and Academic Success Program (ASP) budgets.Black Student Union Statement February 2010

•We demand that every time the freshmen class enrollment is cut the University matchesthe student fees that they would have been paying to SPACES permanently to SPACES.

•We demand that Chancellor Fox uses more energy and resources to providing research based scholarships for African-American students as apart of a retention component fromthe Chancellor's Diversity Office.

•Demand the University to increase the African-American populations in all areas of the campus including, Students (undergraduates and graduates), PhD Candidates, Faculty, Staff and Administration.

•We demand the University directly fully fund Faculty-Student Mentor Programs.

•We demand the University staff the vacant Program Coordinator position of the African-American Studies Minor

•We demand the Chancellor's office make the African-American Studies Minor and theChicano Latina/o Arts and Humanities Minor a priority for the University.

•We demand the University to charge a Task Force to create the plan for an African-American Resource Center on Campus in two years to provide a safe space for the African-American community.

•We demand that Chancellor Fox create an Office for Diversity Affairs from heradministration instead of a part-time position with a title.

•We demand the Chancellor fully funds the Chief Diversity Office.

•We demand a change of Admissions Policy from a Comprehensive to a Holistic Reviewbeginning for the Fall 2011 applicant pool.

•We demand campus climate becomes the Chancellor's number one priority, especially in this time of crisis.

•We demand Chancellor Fox and the University have mutual respect of the "Principles ofCommunity" and create a precedent of prioritizing students of color and leading by example. When demand that there be repercussions when the "Principles of Community"are blatantly being violated.

•We demand the Chancellor's Office charges the Campus Climate Commission that will work primarily on improving the campus climate and providing a safer and more welcoming space and experience for the students of underrepresented communities and the entire student body.

•We demand a permanent quarterly and annual campus climate report from this CampusClimate Commission. This Campus Climate Commission must report directly to SAAC. Black Student Union Statement February 2010

•We demand the University create a space in the central part of campus safe for African-American students on campus.

•We demand the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, and Vice Chancellor ofAcademic Affairs, Chief Diversity Office meet with the chair and vice chair of the Black Student Union at least once every academic quarter

•We demand the University provide financial education and counseling, teaching studentsfrom low-income, underprivileged communities how to manage their money being independent college students.

•We demand that the University sends out a campus-wide email presenting the Black Student Union's Do UC us? Campaign Report on Yield of African-American students immediately.

•We demand the University live up to it's "Principles of Community" and show leadership and integrity by giving up the remains of the Kumeyaay tribe and respect the native land on which we are housed.

•We demand three permanent designated spaces for African-American inspired art to reflect the struggle and progress for students of color on this campus.

•We demand that Chancellor Fox fully funds this Art space. We demand that the moral"Chicano Legacy" become a permanent art piece on this campus. We demand that NativeAmerican, Latino and Asian-Pacific Islander cultural art is reflected publicly on thiscampus.

•We demand Chancellor Fox and the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, and theAcademic Senate mandate a diversity sensitivity requirement for every undergraduate student to take an African-American studies, Ethnic Studies, and Gender Studies beforethey graduate from UC San Diego.

•We demand the programs and departments such as OASIS, Campus Community Centers, Ethnic Studies, Critical Gender Studies, CLAH, and African American Studies Minoramongst others continue to have solid funding for the work they do in retaining African American students and educating the campus as a whole.

•We demand the University implements, maintains and fully funds BSU's StudentInitiated Yield Programs.

•Stipend for Student Volunteers- students deserves compensation for the hard work theydo that the University should be doing.

•We demand that the Chancellor's Office offers more campus-wide support for theAfrican-American students on this campus, as well as the other historically underrepresented and under-served communities on this campus. Black Student Union Statement February 2010

•We demand the University provide the African-American community with a temporarylocation for a safe space on campus while the African-American Resource Center is being planned and constructed.

•We demand the University provide free tutors for the African-American students who seek academic support. This can be structured similar to that of the Athletic Department’s services to Athletes.

•We demand a response!

---------------------

Overkill.
sick.gif

This USA hockey game has been something else. ANyone see that "when is the usa olympic basketball game" thread? Wow.

AZGs in Black/Red/White
Lebron IIs in Flint/Navy/White
Lebron IIIs in White/Navy
Lebron Vs in White/Navy

Barely touched them.

I haven't bought any in a while...But gotta start again

AZGs
White/Black - 9, 10
White/Red - 9
Black - 9
First Games - 9, 9

LeBron IIs (Black/Red) - 9, 9.5, 10

Chamber of Fear (Hype) - 10

I need Wheat AZGs and White/Black/Red IIIs...Too hard to find these days.

I had those XIVs....wore them all out.

Loved those XIVs, the black and reds were much better built than the white/black/reds (first colorway). I went through like 3 pairs. I recall Copelands getting a later shipment in generic brown boxes (no Nike on there, only box label) and I got a 2nd pair for maybe 79.99 or less?

I'm late, but my first Jordans were OG 3's when I was a baby
laugh.gif
Just watched The Crazies (liked it), percy jackson & the olympians the lightning thief (needed to kill time, but I liked it), and Cop Out (really liked it).

I'm wearing my cement/white retro III's at work currently.

I do want to see Cop Out, but doubt I'd go to the movies for it.

Thanks Luong.
pimp.gif

"Luong: Enjoy the shoes dude.
Me: Thanks, you too."

I realized what I did right after and tried to save face by walking away nonchalantly.
laugh.gif
Thanks again man.

Wow, you guys grew up in J's. The only pair of J's I had were the Space Jams and I used those for HS B-ball and I HATED them. I eventually sold them to a teammate for $150 and a date with his freshman sister. LOL.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

lulz

Hey Paul, why is the Chi on your list of places to live?
My uncle lives out there. I visited Chicago in 2005. I liked it there. Summer weather was great.
laugh.gif

Didn't you used to live there? Is there something about Chicago that I don't know about?

Originally Posted by dland24

This USA hockey game has been something else. ANyone see that "when is the usa olympic basketball game" thread? Wow.

Haha, yeah I saw that. I too had a %$@ look when I read that thread. Ridiculous...

Speaking of the Olympics...Russian Figure Skater Anna Semenovich....Yes, Please.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Wow, you guys grew up in J's. The only pair of J's I had were the Space Jams and I used those for HS B-ball and I HATED them. I eventually sold them to a teammate for $150 and a date with his freshman sister. LOL.
Dude sold his sister for a pair of Space Jams?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

lulz

Hey Paul, why is the Chi on your list of places to live?
My uncle lives out there. I visited Chicago in 2005. I liked it there. Summer weather was great.
laugh.gif

Didn't you used to live there? Is there something about Chicago that I don't know about?
laugh.gif
Yeah I lived in a Northwest suburb for a while.  Weather sucks IMO, you must've caught a good period.  Coming from the Bay and going East, that's hard for anyone.

You could work at the hospital I was born at...on the shores of Lake Michigan.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Dude sold his sister for a pair of Space Jams?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They weren't easy to cop...I remember waiting for the 2nd shipment on NDC...I was lucky enough to get a pair.  I didn't play in mine until college, but wore them to my HS games. Track suits
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

Thanks Luong.
pimp.gif

"Luong: Enjoy the shoes dude.
Me: Thanks, you too."

I realized what I did right after and tried to save face by walking away nonchalantly.
laugh.gif
Thanks again man.
Ha yea...I was like...the hell?
laugh.gif
All good.

That color is nice though...Sometimes I don't buy Kobes because I don't want people thinking I'm all d-riding Kobe
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom